AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Marvel Studios: Phase IV

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven

Half those shown on the big screen will be a short TV series for Disney+ streaming, while the other half is for theatrical release. Mentioned in the panel, but not pictured, are Black Panther 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Captain Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, and Blade

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Honestly this is all just crazy, my wallet isn't ready... Also I'm so happy that we are getting a Blade reboot with Mahershala, maybe now I can forgive the Blade show runners for not green-lighting the Blade x Underworld crossover Marvel wanted a few years back.

Personally, kinda getting burned out on the whole Marvel and Star Wars thing. Used to be cool that there'd be a couple of movies a year from Marvel, and one every couple of years on Star Wars. Kept the novelty of them all. Now, it just feels like they've gone from milking the cow to beating the dead horse.

Reactions: Gen
Personally, kinda getting burned out on the whole Marvel and Star Wars thing. Used to be cool that there'd be a couple of movies a year from Marvel, and one every couple of years on Star Wars. Kept the novelty of them all. Now, it just feels like they've gone from milking the cow to beating the dead horse.
I have to say, Endgame for me felt like the end of an era. obviously it was the end of their Phase 3 but also I felt sort of relieved, like okay - the characters we started with are essentially gone and I no longer care. It was freeing! I’ll be more selective in which ones I see in the future, rather than needing to watch them all, I think.

Speaking of, I haaaaaate when they tied Agents of Shield into the movies. Way too much time investment for me to watch an entire season of a show to understand the movie I’m paying to watch. I like nods and acknowledgement that it’s the same universe, but I always feel blackmailed into watching when it’s too involved. The fact that half of Phase 4 is tv shows is super off-putting to me.

I have to say, Endgame for me felt like the end of an era. obviously it was the end of their Phase 3 but also I felt sort of relieved, like okay - the characters we started with are essentially gone and I no longer care. It was freeing! I’ll be more selective in which ones I see in the future, rather than needing to watch them all, I think.

Speaking of, I haaaaaate when they tied Agents of Shield into the movies. Way too much time investment for me to watch an entire season of a show to understand the movie I’m paying to watch. I like nods and acknowledgement that it’s the same universe, but I always feel blackmailed into watching when it’s too involved. The fact that half of Phase 4 is tv shows is super off-putting to me.

I mean, Agents of Shield had pretty much no effect on the movies, and for the most part Marvel never seemed to care much about tying it in. The best we got was when lady Sif appeared on the show for 2 episodes.

Aside from noticing "Phase Four", I never realized there were multiple phases in the Marvel Universe. Never cared to know more beyond the individual movies than the really thin plotline thread that tied them all together, just as it was in the comics. I don't have time to worry about this, that or the other thing. Too much to keep track of, and I prefer to do something instead of wishing I was.

I mentioned it before than I'm much more of a casual moviegoer now when it comes to most remakes or things like this. They have changed a lot of it beyond the point of recognition, so I just take it as it is. Like you, I'll be much more selective on what I watch. Out of the stuff in the pic, only the Dr. Strange movie interests me.

Reactions: Gen
I mean, Agents of Shield had pretty much no effect on the movies, and for the most part Marvel never seemed to care much about tying it in. The best we got was when lady Sif appeared on the show for 2 episodes.
They seemed to be trying to paint it as a bigger crossover than it apparently was. It sounds like they’re planning to do more of that with the new shows. My point is I don’t like it so I’m less interested now that they seem to be going in that direction.

So i'm caught between a slightly above casual fan but not quite die hard, therefore i never watched all of the 20-something movies. My solution was to read the synopsis of the movies that i've missed to catch up with the big arc. That's probably what i'll do with the Disney+ series..

As far as Agents of Shield go ( a show i never watched) this is what i understand of their position...

They tried tying the series in with the movies towards the very beginning but eventually gave up on the idea for a couple of big reasons...
1) It was a pain in the ass to fill in plotlines that coincide with movie story lines, especially when Marvel began releasing 3 movies a year. It was a logistical nightmare to write around the movie plots such as how would the show address the Thanos snap.
2) Kevin Fiege and Ike Perlmutter went through a big feud over how the movies would be made. Then Disney intervened to settle the feud. The result is that Perlmutter was assigned to only oversee television while Fiege only focused on the movies. Neither of the two have a good working relationship and neither are making much effort to tie in both the show and movies together at this point. Right now, there's a ton of hazy gray area when considering Agents of Shield as canon to the films given what has transpired over the years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.