AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Maybe I went about this all wrong?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella25

Cam Model
Dec 21, 2019
United States
Twitter Username
@Sinderella25
MFC Username
Sinderella25
So made a post before about how awesome splitcamming was (which I still stand by), but I'm not sure I'm going into StripChat with the right attitude as a new model to the site.

I still have time to revamp during this new model period, and I've gotten a stripscore of 233 and 313 followers after my first 6 hrs total, so I think I'm making okay-ish progress? Idk anything about how this site works so don't laugh at me lol

I split cammed on there and MFC (my native streaming platform). I always expect my MFC shows to be at LEAST $100 -150 for the night, and I felt like I had a great 1st stream splitting on Stripchat, but then my 2nd stream had a lot of people almost mocking me for charging for PMs, and for basic actions, as if I don't have the clout to charge for them? Whats the etiquette on SC? Am I missing something? I feel like I'm bombarded with messages on SC that I can't block like on MFC, so the logical thing to do is decline their friend request entirely unless they've tipped me at least 30 or 50 tokens. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of one person I allowed into my messages for free on MFC that actually wound up tipping me. Maybe when I was naive, and new, but not now?? lol

Yes, I still have my new model tag, which may explain why I'm not getting as many tips (and no one knows me from the next new model, or if I'm going to be consistent yet, I get that), but I also don't feel like I'm doing myself favors to reduce my friends/PMs to 'free' just because I'm new to that specific site)

Am I going about it wrong to charge for PMs as a new model on another platform?* It's not like I'm new to camming, but I'm starting to think if I "gatekeep" my PMs, rather than just ignoring them unless they seem promising, am I shooting myself in the foot?

*On MFC I charge 90tk for PM, on SC, I accept/add friends if they've tipped at least 30tk.

Thoughts?

Doesn't matter. I would suggest to be very cut and dry. I had someone laugh at me for charging 120 for a c2c session with dildo. Same session, a custy paid for it. Sc culture is strange, but stick to your guns and train your viewers to treat you how you want to be treated.

I charge 37 for pms. Pay me or piss off.

Doesn't matter. I would suggest to be very cut and dry. I had someone laugh at me for charging 120 for a c2c session with dildo. Same session, a custy paid for it. Sc culture is strange, but stick to your guns and train your viewers to treat you how you want to be treated.

I charge 37 for pms. Pay me or piss off.
Thank you for the advice! I thought I was being over the top, but SC culture seems inherently less...mature... than MFC so far. lol Someone told me I "need to shave" 😭😭😭 I'm convinced there are underaged children on there. And also...YOU ARE GORGEOUS. 🤩🤩

I THOUGHT I saw you streaming on SC, but I was half asleep and considered myself delusional. (Tried to find u on Twitter after that lol) I'll pop into one of ur streams if you're cool with that. But seriously, sc is...strange, but you can totally maneuver that BS. Like any site, there are cam models of all experiences, and I just want you to know that there is indeed a customer base that will pay- because it's you :)

I THOUGHT I saw you streaming on SC, but I was half asleep and considered myself delusional. (Tried to find u on Twitter after that lol) I'll pop into one of ur streams if you're cool with that. But seriously, sc is...strange, but you can totally maneuver that BS. Like any site, there are cam models of all experiences, and I just want you to know that there is indeed a customer base that will pay- because it's you :)
I feel like I'm fangirling a little bit, if I'm being honest. haha I hope to see and drop in on you on there too!

but then my 2nd stream had a lot of people almost mocking me for charging for PMs, and for basic actions, as if I don't have the clout to charge for them? Whats the etiquette on SC? Am I missing something? I feel like I'm bombarded with messages on SC that I can't block like on MFC, so the logical thing to do is decline their friend request entirely unless they've tipped me at least 30 or 50 tokens. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of one person I allowed into my messages for free on MFC that actually wound up tipping me. Maybe when I was naive, and new, but not now?? lol
SC users on your friend list can send you PMs anytime they like, and if you accept too many of these I suspect you'll just drown in useless PMs. Charge for PMs and for friend adds, and stick to it!
Because of how the messaging system works on SC and because a lot of models just fire off a friend request or starts PM-ing almost every gold or green user that stops by, a lot of users take PM privileges for granted. Let users use their favourites list if they want to find you again.

The problem is of course that you can't remove PM privileges short of blocking the user. Unfriending a user won't remove PM privileges either. Once they're in, they're in.

As for blocking/banning, you can click on any message in the public chat and silence or ban the user who sent it.

SC users on your friend list can send you PMs anytime they like, and if you accept too many of these I suspect you'll just drown in useless PMs. Charge for PMs and for friend adds, and stick to it!
Because of how the messaging system works on SC and because a lot of models just fire off a friend request or starts PM-ing almost every gold or green user that stops by, a lot of users take PM privileges for granted. Let users use their favourites list if they want to find you again.

The problem is of course that you can't remove PM privileges short of blocking the user. Unfriending a user won't remove PM privileges either. Once they're in, they're in.

As for blocking/banning, you can click on any message in the public chat and silence or ban the user who sent it.
This is extremely useful to know! On MFC you can friend/un-friend and adjust the preferences to allow ONLY friends to Pm you.

Very useful for avoiding being overloaded with "omg bb i want u 2 swallow my cum" every 2 seconds, but it seems that they can send you messages along with their friend requests, which kind of defeats the purpose of requiring a fee IMO. I'd rather not see the messages at all. Why is this not a thing?

I wish this feature was on SC, but it also make me feel better that I went into SC not accepting friend requests freely (since I now know that I can't undo it, without blocking them entirely).

Thank you!

[...], but it seems that they can send you messages along with their friend requests, which kind of defeats the purpose of requiring a fee IMO. I'd rather not see the messages at all. Why is this not a thing?
Gold users (usernames in gold) can send PMs to models without further ado, so you should probably think about how to respond if they don't tip you the PM fee upfront or when they're asked to. The site pockets the money for gold user privileges while you're left with providing the actual value, so don't do this for free! I've been on SC for quite a while and complaints about being overwhelmed by useless/stupid PMs is a recurring theme whenever a conversation with a model lasts for a while.

When I browse SC I always end up with a dozen friend requests and "hi bb hru" PMs, and I find them pretty annyoing. I can only imagine how much comes the other way.

Edit: it has already been suggested to the SC representative here (xChloe) that they rework the messaging system so that PM privileges can be revoked without blocking a user. SC also has an official thread here.

Reactions: Sinderella25
From what I have seen, Gold Users on SC seem to feel MORE entitled than green viewers and supporters on other sites. They seem to have this misconception that because they are gold they are super special and rules no longer need to be followed by them. As previously mentioned, stick with your guns and charge for friend adds and PMs. If a Gold PMs you, be sure you respond vocally and maybe in PM that they need to tip XX amount or be ignored.

People will always try to take advantage of "new blood" on any site, it's really f*ed up and I honestly didn't realise how people (guys) were until i found cam sites.

On SC, not sure how common it is for guys to hide their token amount but if you hover their name you can see how many tokens they hold. And just because they are gold it doesn't mean they some whale to go buy some.

This somewhat reminds me of a guy who was gold in a room I was at yesterday.
The lady, absolutely lovely, and beautiful. She was already naked from someone else tipping. They left so she stopped but remained undressed.
This Gold guy started saying "no show no tips" yes, you read that the right way around. He was saying if she didn't start playing he isn't going to tip..
Obviously this guy was just wanting a free show, and we all know that from experience (I am just a viewer but can see it). The kicker? He had his token balance available for a model to see. How many tokens did this amazing tipper have? 13 tokens. Sure he could go buy more, but to this point he had not even tipped 1 token, yet demanded for a show to tip more. You just know he would have made those 13 tokens last for hours.

So, remember that just because a user is Gold doesn't mean they have even ever tipped before: they may have just bought the gold option purely for being able to PM models; be invisible, looking like they are important and thinking they are, etc

StripChat changed the visual representation for user levels today (or yesterday), but as far as I can see they did not actually change the privileges for various user levels. I.e. the above advice still holds.

Even I didn't know you could do that with Gold membership I always thought those features were if you pay for the subscription? Or does the Ultimate subscription boost you to gold by default?

Even I didn't know you could do that with Gold membership I always thought those features were if you pay for the subscription? Or does the Ultimate subscription boost you to gold by default?
"Ultimate Member" is just the new word for "Gold subscription". There are no new perks involved for this user level.

"Ultimate Member" is just the new word for "Gold subscription". There are no new perks involved for this user level.
Are there still any subscriptions there now? Looks like it's all based on your "XP" which largely is based on your tipping.

I was Gold ("-ex") and canceled that a while back. They made me "Ultimate Royal League." No subscription involved. I have zero tokens there and still have that status. Says that I'll keep it forever.

I think Stripchat as a site is kind of waning. They had to do something since so many of their users were showing up as "-ex" from what I've seen lately.

Are there still any subscriptions there now? Looks like it's all based on your "XP" which largely is based on your tipping.
You can still pay to become Ultimate Member, but when you reach Royal League you get the Ultimate Member subscription for free for life. You apparently can't opt out of it. Maybe I am weird, but I desperately don't want the Ultimate Member perks. Haha!

What they did smells a little bit of desperation, but ranking people always make them compete. Works everywhere. Probably good for business this, but it will be interesting to see what happens long term.

So made a post before about how awesome splitcamming was (which I still stand by), but I'm not sure I'm going into StripChat with the right attitude as a new model to the site.

I still have time to revamp during this new model period, and I've gotten a stripscore of 233 and 313 followers after my first 6 hrs total, so I think I'm making okay-ish progress? Idk anything about how this site works so don't laugh at me lol

I split cammed on there and MFC (my native streaming platform). I always expect my MFC shows to be at LEAST $100 -150 for the night, and I felt like I had a great 1st stream splitting on Stripchat, but then my 2nd stream had a lot of people almost mocking me for charging for PMs, and for basic actions, as if I don't have the clout to charge for them? Whats the etiquette on SC? Am I missing something? I feel like I'm bombarded with messages on SC that I can't block like on MFC, so the logical thing to do is decline their friend request entirely unless they've tipped me at least 30 or 50 tokens. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of one person I allowed into my messages for free on MFC that actually wound up tipping me. Maybe when I was naive, and new, but not now?? lol

Yes, I still have my new model tag, which may explain why I'm not getting as many tips (and no one knows me from the next new model, or if I'm going to be consistent yet, I get that), but I also don't feel like I'm doing myself favors to reduce my friends/PMs to 'free' just because I'm new to that specific site)

Am I going about it wrong to charge for PMs as a new model on another platform?* It's not like I'm new to camming, but I'm starting to think if I "gatekeep" my PMs, rather than just ignoring them unless they seem promising, am I shooting myself in the foot?

*On MFC I charge 90tk for PM, on SC, I accept/add friends if they've tipped at least 30tk.

Thoughts?
Ok! Stripchat is weird from a girl who is comming from MFC. In here is not so much about comunity, only the top girls have comunities, the rst have 2 or 3 big tippers and that's it. It's a more demanding site that MFC.
I don't know to much about MFC but I know stripchat like it's my own.
1.even if you use your voice, make sure you also type in your public chat.
2. This shitty site has a sort of robot that detects the amount of moves in your cam, so if you sit it will be bad, after every 5 minutes, if there's no movement, you will get 5 possition down.
3. No one is charging for pm, you do that if you want to but they will more likely get offended.
4. They only tip for that vibrating toy, kiirro or Lovense.
5. The best way to do it in your fisrt day is to act like you're new at caming.
6. They do enjoy show. To make yourself a name you shaould have a good balance between explicit shows and funny things.
7. They tend to tip mostly for explicit actions and less from items from your tip menu.
8. Customers are not so educated as on MFC.
9. What do I do as a strategy for low cams or for new girls is to set 10 goals, like surprise 1, surprise 2 and so on till 10 for as less ass 33 tokens, or 44, or 55 you know the level of your room. Every time a goal is made, you do some certain action, 5 hand spanks, suck a finger, mirror tease, squeeze boobies, and you make them s that closer to the goal 10 you'll be naked. At the end of goal that that could be let's sau sexy striptease, you start the show. it could be an oil show, whipe cream show, shower show, you name it. once your last goal is done, you update and put "make me cum" as a goal and you start the show. The show shall last for like 10 minutes, in this time they will tip for your next goal for that you charge let's say 333 or 444 or 555, if they will do it also, you start a tiket show for like 33,44,55 per tiket and you promise a squirt or whatever you can do special...
The whole idea is that you have to anounce in your topic that you will have 10 surprise goals and at the end of the 10 you will perform a special show.
You can also offer somethimg for the king of the room.
10. Is a bad strategy to set the amount needed to be the king of the room.
11. You must have a video, 5 public pictures and 4 pannels on your profile.
12. A good idea is to activate plasma messanger.
13. every time you get online, post a selfie in the feed.
14. se up your boots carefully not to spam the room. Make one with the action from your wheel and another with the tip menu, a third one should be with the offer of the day.
15. for the start you can stay with 8 tks per minute without taking pvt, only to get traction.
16. You can set up a schedule offers. 1 50% off of tip menu, 2. Kind of the room receives something and so on...
17. Make your 30 seconds video to get confirmed for all the categories you can make, for sure you can make for heels, nylon, role play and so on.
18. Make yourself presets menu for the specific categories and from then, trial & error, see which one is better for you.
19. Best hour to start broadcasting is 2:00 am european time.
20. When you choose your category, at the very beggining, don't go for student, glamour or hose wife, these are the one who do poorely.

Hope from the bottom of my soul that this would help! Good luck!:* Really sorry for my extremely bad english and the tons of letter I've been eating. I'm in a huge hurry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.