AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member leaves PVT before minimum time is up - what should the model do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeMaria

Cam Model
Dec 1, 2018
MFC Username
CallMeMaria
Streamate Username
Blodieandbeast
Chaturbate Username
CallMeMaria
Hello,

This could go into the Ask-a-model section but since its site specific, i thought I would pop it on here.

So, I have my Private Show setting at minimum of 10 minutes. If the user leaves the room before the end of that time, the room stays open and the member keeps getting charged the per minute rate until the minimum minutes are up and the show automatically ends.

Now - as a model, what do you do when you realise the room count has gone to 1 and your private show client has exited?

Keep performing to an empty room?
End the show and stop the tokens from rolling in?
Stop performing and wait to see if he comes back?

On Stripchat, if the member leaves before the minimum time is up, they just get charged the rest as a lump and the show ends. On CB it keeps going and I am not quite sure what to do with the empty room, with tokens rolling.

Hello,

This could go into the Ask-a-model section but since its site specific, i thought I would pop it on here.

So, I have my Private Show setting at minimum of 10 minutes. If the user leaves the room before the end of that time, the room stays open and the member keeps getting charged the per minute rate until the minimum minutes are up and the show automatically ends.

Now - as a model, what do you do when you realise the room count has gone to 1 and your private show client has exited?

Keep performing to an empty room?
End the show and stop the tokens from rolling in?
Stop performing and wait to see if he comes back?

On Stripchat, if the member leaves before the minimum time is up, they just get charged the rest as a lump and the show ends. On CB it keeps going and I am not quite sure what to do with the empty room, with tokens rolling.

Nope, I see no point in wasting that energy performing if no one is there. If it's something where he can actually reenter the private show chat to finish those remaining minutes, then I'd stay right there in front of the cam...and maybe browse the Facebook app on my phone in the meantime...or play Family Feud. Lol. I'd be afraid to leave the cam to go to the bathroom, because if he CAN reenter to finish his minutes, and sees that you walked away from the cam...he might be all "WTF...I wasted my tokens for this chick to go pee!" Lol. At least this way, if he had an issue with his internet or something, and he comes right back...you'll still be there ready to finish the remainder of the show.

That's weird that CB keeps it going like that. I like Stripchat's way better.

Upvote 0
It can depend if it's a recorded show or not.
For example, there have been times when you can take a model for a private show and your internet (my internet as the customer) is being crap, or I need to quickly restart my browser or something else. It may only take a minute, but sometimes it can obviously take much longer, in which case if there is a recording that is provided at the end, i would personally like the model to continue so I at least get the recording from the show.

I am sure you can have a sense though for when it's a legit problem and the guy didn't mean to or want to leave, compared to a guy finishing.

At least with me, a model will always know i will buy XX tokens and we will do XX minutes, and they know i won't just exit - especially without saying bye.
So i guess it can depend upon the person and situation.

Upvote 0
As a viewer, I've never ended a private within the minimum show length before. but I would think that the show itself would still end as they usually do, by either the viewer leaving, or the model leaving and going to 'away'.
So as far as I understand it, as soon as the viewer leaves, the show has technically ended, and you don't need to end it again. And the recording (if activated) will end as soon as either party leaves and the private show ends. You can then stay in 'away' mode or return to the room at your discretion.
But I'm unsure how CB treats token payment for the unused part of the minimum timeframe set by the model. Does this really happen, or is the minimum show length more like an unofficial agreement between user and model?
Shows often end early because the viewer has run out of tokens (knowingly or not) and CB cannot deduct tokens from a balance that the user does not have. I remember in 'settings' there is the ability to set the minimum number of tokens a user must have to initiate a private, but that doesn't seem to be linked to 10 mins min x per minute pvt rate - IIRC by default it is set to >100 tokens in balance.

Upvote 0
This is the setting mentioned at the end of the previous post.
Would have thought that if CB enforced payment for the full minimum show length, then as you adjust the rate and minimum length, it would automatically change the min token balance required to match?
Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 10-42-27  Chaturbate .png

Upvote 0
This is a good question! My minimum private show length is also set to 10 minutes minimum, and people leave the show early all the time. On the one hand, you could still have people spying and enjoying the show. But on the other hand, the couple of tokens I might be receiving from spies who are still watching probably isn't worth the physical effort that it takes for me to continue preforming whatever action I may have been doing.

Usually I will say out loud "sorry if there is anyone spying, but so-and-so just left their private early" and then I awkwardly start getting dressed again. 😅 I am totally guilty of leaving the room to go clean my toys and refill my water bottle, lol. A good point was made that the user who initiated the show could still return before the minimum time has fully elapsed, so I guess it's a good idea to stay near the laptop, just in case.

Upvote 0
This is a good question! My minimum private show length is also set to 10 minutes minimum, and people leave the show early all the time. On the one hand, you could still have people spying and enjoying the show. But on the other hand, the couple of tokens I might be receiving from spies who are still watching probably isn't worth the physical effort that it takes for me to continue preforming whatever action I may have been doing.

Usually I will say out loud "sorry if there is anyone spying, but so-and-so just left their private early" and then I awkwardly start getting dressed again. 😅 I am totally guilty of leaving the room to go clean my toys and refill my water bottle, lol. A good point was made that the user who initiated the show could still return before the minimum time has fully elapsed, so I guess it's a good idea to stay near the laptop, just in case.
Just want to make sure I've got this understood. If someone starts a private show with a 10 minute min duration, and they leave after 5 minutes, does the private show continue at least to the 10 minute mark? I thought the user leaving would technically end the private show altogether, and the model would return to 'away'. Who pays for the tokens owed to the model for the remaining 5 minutes of the show, if the user left because they ran out of tokens? Hmm

Upvote 0
Just want to make sure I've got this understood. If someone starts a private show with a 10 minute min duration, and they leave after 5 minutes, does the private show continue at least to the 10 minute mark? I thought the user leaving would technically end the private show altogether, and the model would return to 'away'. Who pays for the tokens owed to the model for the remaining 5 minutes of the show, if the user left because they ran out of tokens? Hmm

It will continue for the full 10 minutes and continues to say the model is in a private show.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
It will continue for the full 10 minutes and continues to say the model is in a private show.

I just learned this a couple weeks ago. A CB model I visit was taken private by a different member. I left her room in the meantime. Three minutes later she started PMing me on social media. She said the guy left the show early and she was just killing time until the private show reached the minimum number of minutes.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I just learned this a couple weeks ago. A CB model I visit was taken private by a different member. I left her room in the meantime. Three minutes later she started PMing me on social media. She said the guy left the show early and she was just killing time until the private show reached the minimum number of minutes.
This makes sense from the point of view that the model is guaranteed the tokens from the viewer for the min length private, even if they leave early.
But that assumes the viewer has enough tokens to cover that. How does it work if the viewer runs down to a zero balance before the min length is up?

Upvote 0
This makes sense from the point of view that the model is guaranteed the tokens from the viewer for the min length private, even if they leave early.
But that assumes the viewer has enough tokens to cover that. How does it work if the viewer runs down to a zero balance before the min length is up?

He would have to have the minimum amount in his account, to begin with. Even if you don't set it in the profile, If you set it to 60/min and a minimum of 10mins, even if the "minimum required" (as you posted above) is not 600. It will still only let them start if they have the 600. In this case it would keep decreasing the persons token to 0, because this is what is owed.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your input.

In one way, I think its nice to keep performing because at least then the member gets a great recording to look back at.

But in reality... If you committed to 10 minutes and could only manage 3 minutes before you exited without saying anything (aka blew your load and ran off in embarrassment without saying thank you) I am rarely in the mood to keep up a roleplay until the time is up for the sake of good recording for you.

When I was a baby model, I used to feel bad and end the show myself to save the user from spending those extra tokens for "nothing"... Nowdays I care a lot less and think that since they committed to a minimum spend... so be it!

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.