AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members: What motivates you to join a camgirls "club"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the reasons noted above, model membership sites and paid fan clubs are a tough proposition for both customers and camgirl models. I worked for a start-up company a few years ago that was selling and building sites and clubs for camgirls. In theory, the concept sounds wonderful. But, they essentially represent promises made between models and customers that for a variety of reasons are difficult to honor. Our company went out of business after 6 months of operation. The very smart guy who started it saw issues evolving that he deemed to difficult to overcome in the long term.

What I saw on the camgirl side was the overwhelming pressure of creating fresh, new content on an on-going basis... at least monthly. A lot of girls just weren't up to the challenge and let content creation slide. On the customer side, even if their favorite camgirl was fairly diligent about regularly providing new product, they found it hard to justify parting with $20 to $35 a month. It can be difficult for guys to get excited about the same over and over again.

When girls and customers enter into these membership agreements, they both tend to view them as somewhat long-term arrangements and plan accordingly. Unfortunately, there seems to be too many issues in normal everyday life that can get in the way of longevity and good intentions.

I onły recently discovered camming as entertainment, and have only joined one "fan club" on Chaturbate. I did that entirely to support the performer, and we were talking so much in PM it made sense. Now, to be fair she is very small time and her fan club is only $5.99 a month. It very much fell into the "impulse buy" range.

Reactions: NickiYoung
I'll join a club if it offers extra perks or just to support the model. I've seen clubs that will offer snap access, personal messaging access, a monthly video, raffle tickets, whatever...and I've also seen clubs that offer nothing but profile recognition. The latter I've joined if I just care about the model personally, but it does irk at times that it's essentially a payment for the model to not do work, as opposed to paying the model to create or do work later. The more successful a model is at saying the right things and making the member feel valued without actually having to give anything physical in return, the more sustainable that practice is.

One thing I've seen growing in popularity is to make a secondary platform the "club". So for instance, members tip to gain access to snapchat, but then that snapchat has no content unless members tip for it. You're basically buying into something like a 'private website' almost, so the model gets paid, but then if you actually want content, you have to pay extra for it, so the model gets paid again and then has to produce. I'm not sure the sustainability of this type of practice, too much hinges on not getting the platform shut down, plus members might not find the value anymore, but it seems to be very successful in short term waves of interest.

(side comment, we really need a shorthand to differentiate between a model as a cam model and a model as a business practice, lol)

I really appreciate the responses and it all makes sense. I'm a very determined person so I want to do well for me and the members at this.

I joined a few clubs, but mainly with one model. A lot of it was just appreciation for the model and the extra perks were cool and made me feel great, but, as time went on those perks kind of faded. So a model says "tip 1111 and get this" or "tip 2222 and get this" or "tip 3333 and get this" and I did those things more than multiple times over the course of a year and I am basically at the point where if I hadn't tipped all those things I would be the same place as I am now (I am not all that great at social media like other dudes so the phone number or kik or whatsapp were great but I am not gonna call anyone, nor am I all that great at kik or whatsapp--I can't figure out if I am being messaged just to say a model is online or if she really wants to know what is going on with me?) because after the first time I guess she didn't have anything to offer. I think she is more into "highest tipper" category these days which is updated when someone becomes a highest tipper. Even my 3333 tips on her profile got removed (which was the only one I seemed to be winning at, but I did do the 1111 to put me on top and she hasn't changed the profile for that like she did for highest tipper--I wonder if it costs her money to have changes made or if it is just such a small amount and not really worthy?) because she had her profile guy eliminate that category for raffles.

I guess it was nice seeing my name and competing with her other members for a time (not that they were competing with me). But, that seems to have gone away these days...and I just became sort of a regular that doesn't really ask for anything. From my experience, it was cool the first time, but after a while of doing those tip numbers the model got kind of forgetful (I guess so many people throwing those kind of token numbers at you might get you confused and forget). But still, I did it out of appreciation more than anything and I have that. :)

I found a different model that does her own page and updates as things happen which is neat and she always acknowledges the members on her page which is a nice change. Like I said, it is nice being part of a club. Not sure if it is worthwhile to do multiple identical tips if you are expecting more than the first initial offer (aside from just saying "thank you").

Last edited:
What demotivates me to join a club is competitive rank tiers. Tip more to get into a higher tier, but it's all contingent on A) if your team wins, and B) the model doesn't ultimately decide none of it is worth doing, or people didn't hit her invisible goals fast enough, or meh just bored with the contest move on to something else, or...etc.

Reactions: DuoShi
I've never been interested in model clubs. The ones I've seen don't seem worth it to me. Admittedly, none of the models I'd say are my favorites have ever offered one so that could be part of it too. The only thing that really interests me usually is Snapchat, but it depends on how each model uses it. Otherwise I'll just tip for fun.

I recently took another stab at a "club" one of my favorite models offered and granted I still tip like I normally do I haven't been blown away from my club status. I'm definitely more comfortable with my position choosing her lower tier club because if I had bought into the higher tier clubs I'd be really disappointed in what I've gained.

There was one perk to this club that I was interested in because of some other things she's changed over the last few months. But, of the additional perks I've gained this one perk she's basically been very spotty with.

As I've said I still tip like I normally do, but unless things change I really don't feel I've received anything exciting by being in the club. And I honestly don't think outside of my curiosity for the one perk I'm most interested in I'd stay in the club when my term ends.

Never. I just tip just to tip. I'm rarely into videos or any extra perks. I don't want any extra access or anything. I just tip in chat and offline. The only extras that interest me are custom videos but what I'm looking for isn't sexual, very much niche and vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.