AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Men Using Beauty Products - Your Opinion?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I am very curious about this because I think even now it varies hugely among different women and men. And I think even now there is some weird stigma to it - "straight men" who use beauty products are not "real men" or whatever, you know.

What is YOUR opinion on MEN using beauty products? Which products are "ok" and which are not ok to use? Or is everything perfectly fine if it helps them look and feel better (for themselves and for your sake)? Does your partner use any now? Did he always or did you introduce him to doing it?

I never used to use products but for me, it was honestly not knowing what to use, the expense (assuming it would be a fortune each month).
Now, I don't use too many things but I do use a few products on my face and they definitely help me hugely. I used to have terrible skin (lack of caring for it + redhead/ginger with pale, sensitive skin) but started to look after myself simply using a face cleanser and moisturiser and a bar of natural soap. I also use blackhead masks on occasion when I need to, and also clay masks. I truly understand why you ladies love this stuff.

For me, it was also a case of "I thought everything was just fake and trying to get you to buy it"

Going back to the part of me thinking it would cost a fortune, they really don't and they each last me months.
For example, this clay mask I have was £7 ($10) and I have used it basically once every 2 weeks and had it 4 or 5 months and I still have 90% of the tub left.
I thought I would be needing to buy these things on a monthly basis. So it was one big thing that put me off and I figured "better spend money elsewhere".

I also use a beard shampoo quite recently too, which I never considered and they really do help/work.
The bonus is, with the beard shampoo or the moisturiser I have, they both smell amazing and once I have used them I can't help but try to smell my own face.
(beard shampoo lathers up like regular shampoo so you only need a tiny bit - plus it can be a facial wash too)

Reactions: MarieElise
Hmm. I've never used any traditional beauty products, just regular shower soap.
But now that I'm in my 40's, I've been thinking about moisturiser. I spend a lot of time outside, and here in Australia the sun and UV is fierce.
To me, this is about trying to stop my skin ageing prematurely and looking like a dried prune, as well as aiming to avoid the likelihood of a skin melanoma.

You probably won't find a more 'blokey' culture than exists down here, and I think many men would see the use of beauty products as vanity rather than maintaining skin health.
But I could not care less about what anyone else thinks. Not real keen on having cheeks like 80-grit sandpaper.
So, to answer your question, it's ok to use whatever you like and find is of benefit to you.

What is YOUR opinion on MEN using beauty products? Which products are "ok" and which are not ok to use? Or is everything perfectly fine if it helps them look and feel better (for themselves and for your sake)? Does your partner use any now? Did he always or did you introduce him to doing it?

I don't care too much, honestly. I don't think any one beauty product is more okay than another one. If it makes him feel good, then that's all I care about.

My last ex was very into his looks. His hair routine took longer than mine, and I have very long, past my tiddies, hair. He used a substantial amount more of hair products than I ever did. He had exfoliating scrubs for his body and face and aftershave that he would use. I'm pretty sure he also used moisturizer. None of that bothered me. Well, it was a bit annoying when he would take forever staring at his hair in the mirror to make sure it had just the right Jersey Shore-esque look to it... but that's another story.

The guy I am currently casually seeing just does the basic personal hygiene stuff. Shower, wash hair, shave, brush teeth. Nothing fancy. And I'm also okay with that.

I don't know if this falls into the beauty product category, but I will say, I am into guys who don't wear cologne and strong (or any) deodorant. Most colognes give me a headache or mess with my sinuses and I personally prefer to smell a man's au naturel scent. Like, I mean, obviously I want the guy I'm with to keep up with his personal hygiene, but yeah... The man I've been seeing doesn't wear cologne or deodorant and I swear, I think I must be inhaling his pheromones or something when I'm around him because....

Aroused Threes Company GIF

I don't know if this falls into the beauty product category, but I will say, I am into guys who don't wear cologne and strong (or any) deodorant. Most colognes give me a headache or mess with my sinuses and I personally prefer to smell a man's au naturel scent. Like, I mean, obviously I want the guy I'm with to keep up with his personal hygiene, but yeah... The man I've been seeing doesn't wear cologne or deodorant and I swear, I think I must be inhaling his pheromones or something when I'm around him because....
Oh yeah. When I was in my 20's, I used to splash the after-shave. Must've bought into all the marketing hype, and thought girls really liked it. All it probably ever did was keep the flies at arm's length. Haven't used it for maybe 15-20 years now.

I am very curious about this because I think even now it varies hugely among different women and men. And I think even now there is some weird stigma to it - "straight men" who use beauty products are not "real men" or whatever, you know.
Oh yeah I know guys that think like that. They tend to stink to high heaven! It's awful. Fine in theory or whatever, but not in reality. Trust me a few shandy's do not smell very good, after sitting overnight and fermenting, further in some horny hairy bastard.
What is YOUR opinion on MEN using beauty products?
Like everything else in life, walk the middle path. All good things come in moderation.
Which products are "ok" and which are not ok to use?
That expensive cologne Lawyers and Judges wear is, ahem, decent enough.
I'd prefer no man used any of my beauty products that I leave laying around, that I use on a daily or bi-daily basis. He can fuck around with the old shit all he wants, or buy his own fresh stuff.
Or is everything perfectly fine if it helps them look and feel better (for themselves and for your sake)?
I mean whatever keeps him happy, you know.
Does your partner use any now? Did he always or did you introduce him to doing it?
Yes, he uses many. I did not introduce him to any of them ( well except for one specific facial lotion). Thank God!!! I also actually turned him on to using an original barber's type razor, and he's been loving that. The shave is unbelievable close, if you do it slowly and don't press in too hard. But if you are a guy who's tired and distracted a lot, I wouldn't go near one, they nic like hell! It was actually the models from here who got me going on these, and they really are amazing! Of course, disposal of blades (in both an ethical and safe manner) takes some thought and effort too. So probably not best for the traveling businessman or salesman type guy.
I never used to use products but for me, it was honestly not knowing what to use, the expense (assuming it would be a fortune each month).
Yes, it seems like it, I know what you mean, but it's not really that bad. A bunch of expenses at once, but then a lot of it really lasts a loooong time.

Oh whoops, sorry for the novel, I'm just a very sensual type of woman.. I guess ... lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotYou
Oh yeah. When I was in my 20's, I used to splash the after-shave. Must've bought into all the marketing hype, and thought girls really liked it. All it probably ever did was keep the flies at arm's length. Haven't used it for maybe 15-20 years now.

That reminds of AXE body spray. I think I was in middle school, maybe high school, when it became super popular and I just remember the guys I went to school with just dousing themselves in it to where you could smell them before you could even see them. So bad.

I'm a big believer in attraction and compatibility not just being physical or mental, but also chemical. So, it's terrific to me when someone I'm into isn't covering up their natural scent with artificial fragrances because then I can be attracted to them on a whole other level. It just makes things more intimate, imo.

I wish more men would feel comfortable enough to use beauty products! Taking care of yourself shouldn't be considered a feminine only thing. Toxic masculinity is so harmful. A good skin care regimen is excellent for self care. To me, it's really attractive when dudes smell good and feel soft. I like people who invest time and care into themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.