AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Camscore Correlation With Earnings Per Hour

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starj50

Cam Model
It's my birthday!
Jan 7, 2018
Ugh, I made a mistake in the title and am unable to edit it. I meant "MFC RANKING Correlation With Earnings".... nothing to do with cam score

I have found a lot of older threads about this topic but I figured some were outdated and that the info may not be accurate any longer as it probably gets more competitive over time... I also did read that thread about where MFC accidentally made the number of tokens the top models received public via a glitch... but that was a few years ago.

Can anyone estimate what the hourly or monthly pay would be (before taxes) in relation to rankings? Doesn't have be per hour but can also be monthly before taxes...

It appears that #1 would be over 100k?

Top 10 I am guessing over $20k a month?

What about Top 30-50

Top 50-100

Anything below that? .

What ranking would you need to make approx $35 an hour?

Also what kind of cam score do you generally need today get in the top 50... and then top 100... its a bit hard to tell as many models have hidden their cam scores?

I don't know what it would translate into with rank, but 35.00 an hour would be 700 tokens an hour assuming models still get .05 per token.

I don't know what it would translate into with rank, but 35.00 an hour would be 700 tokens an hour assuming models still get .05 per token.

Yes I’m very well aware that it’s .05 cents per token. That wasn’t my question. I can do math and know how how many tokens it would take to make $35.

Im asking about rankings as well as cam score correlation to income.

I don't know if that is as easy of a metric to estimate though. For example if you are in the top 500 and making 700 tokens an hour but there are a significant number of the top 500 ranked models also on at the same time pulling in just as much or more your rank probably won't go up because theirs isn't going down. But you are still making 35.00 an hour.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Ok forget about $35 an hour; let’s just discuss correlation between earnings and rank/ camscore. It’s difficult to estimate but surely not impossible. Btw: I’d rather ask the models if you don’t mind and not a customer (if you are one). No offense.

I could be wrong but I think a lot of models try to keep this stuff out of the members view.

So you may struggle to get answers about this until you have started camming (I think I recall you are still in the research phase)

Rank has nothing to do with hourly pay. How much you are making per hour has more of an effect on your camscore.
If 2 models log on unranked at the beginning of the month, let's say model A stays online for 1 hour and makes $100 whereas model B stays online for 5 hours and makes $101, model B will still be ranked higher than model A despite having a lower hourly.

I am pretty sure now that making around $100 an hour will get you in the low 200's rank wise; I was in this models room who is in the lower 200's ranking and she is making way over $100 an hour (I was adding up her tips).... She got to $100 in 45 minutes... so it's probably reasonable to guess that being in the lower 200's like 200-225 one would be making over $100 an hour... once you get to the lower 200's like 201,202 etc... it's probably a lot more... I was only able to count the public tips (not the ninjas obviously).

Literally rank does not correlate with money per hour. It's total money earned. A girl who makes $50 an hour can get rank #50 and a girl who makes $1000 an hour can get rank #1000. It's about hours worked. If you are not also keeping track of how many hours the girl works you are not gonna know the monthly income of a certain rank.

Just a random question, but i float around rank #3000's, how would I be able to get enough traffic in my room to get it up to the 1000's? and What's the new "prize" for the top 1000 now?

I think your understanding of math does not show through in your line of questioning here. I log into MFC once a year maybe for an hour or two. I do pretty well in that time because it's a novelty. Making good money per hour doesn't get you ranked unless you continue to put in hours. You haven't asked a single question here that anyone can answer even if they wanted to. If your question were "Can a girl who makes less per hour rank higher than someone who makes more per hour?", the answer is yes. If you're wondering the lowest per hour $ it would take to rank, you could just search out lower camscore models who've pulled it off recently.$35/hr is doing a bit better than average on MFC, but it would take a lot of hours to make that add up to what the big girls are making. Doubtful.

Just a random question, but i float around rank #3000's, how would I be able to get enough traffic in my room to get it up to the 1000's? and What's the new "prize" for the top 1000 now?
From the MFC Wiki:

"Miss MyFreeCams
In addition to regular payouts, the top 1000 highest-earning models each month will earn a bonus as part of our Miss MyFreeCams contest, with the top prize being $1500 and all prizes totaling over $100,000.

Models receive this bonus as a tip from the username MissMyFreeCams on the last day of the month."

Given that information, it's safe to assume the lowest-tier prize for ranks 251-1000 would be about $100.

I'm just a member, so I am only talking from the 'member' point of view..
There are so many variables that change each month. Your traffic in November may be awesome, but you may see a big dip in December or July because of member travel, family expenses and other factors. But it may not take as many tokens to finish top 500 in one month compared to another. And the number of members/models also keeps changing. A lot of new girls decide to take the plunge into camming at the beginning of the year, so it may effect the rankings. The total token amount that gave you a January top 100 finish in 2016 might only give you a top 250 finish in 2018. I don't know if there is a set formula. I do know that any top 250 finish usually translates to a really fantastic amount of earnings for a month (at least what I consider fantastic).

Reactions: AmberCutie
Well I found my answer by watching one of Oliva4Naked's old radio shows on youtube. She's been #1 and #2 on Miss MFC around 2015 or so... and she said that at the time #1 was making around 100-150k a month and #2 around 100-120k.... She said she was #2 and that's how much she was making. She also said there can be a huge gap between #3 and #2 but not always.. but the gaps between a #2 and #3 can be as much as 80k.... She also estimated that #100 probably makes 10k a month... Basically that is all I wanted to know. Perhaps I phrased it weird but I wanted to know an approximate correlation between ranking and income.

The coolest part of that radio show? The microphone and the white chair are real.. But I'm pretty sure a lot of the background is chroma-keyed (green-screened)..
I did not like everything that Olivia did, but I always gave her points for creativity.
*I don't know this for sure, but I remember seeing some weird pixel-ations in the background during some of those shows*

But I'm pretty sure a lot of the background is chroma-keyed (green-screened)..
If you look at some of Liv's emotes you can see a bit of her actual setup. She is in a room. Not a radio studio.

Edited to add: She actually has a voice!

Perhaps I phrased it weird but I wanted to know an approximate correlation between ranking and income.
Yeah I think the biggest problem was you seemed to want to know how much it takes per hour to rank high. Which you can't really quantify because it's different with every model, and hourly is more to do with camscore than rank.

But yeah, Olivia's video is referenced often by people who like to gawk at how much the top spots make. So I'm glad you've found a satisfying answer.

I was under the understanding it's quite taboo and rude to specifically mention how much models are making publicly where there are non models.

Well; Olivia mentioned it herself live to all her viewers and publicly so obviously doesn't care. She literally said she didn't give a damn so not sure why I would either.

I don't really care about what others consider taboo or rude; as long as I'm not breaking forum rules I'll discuss whatever I feel like.

Well; Olivia mentioned it herself live to all her viewers and publicly so obviously doesn't care. She literally said she didn't give a damn so not sure why I would either.

I don't really care about what others consider taboo or rude; as long as I'm not breaking forum rules I'll discuss whatever I feel like.

Just because one model doesn't care doesn't mean the rest don't. I know at least some models feel it hurts their hustle to have people know how much they make.

Maybe most models don't care. How would I know? BUT you should at least care and consider how they might feel about it before making the decision to discuss it. You may be free to say what you wish but you should at least be considerate of your fellow models before discussing what they make. If people see you saying you can say whatever you want they may be much less likely to help you or trust you with other "insider" information.

Olivia was basically the Marilyn Manson of camgirls. Oooh so edgy. I doubt it hurts any of the big money girls for members to realize they're making bank. It's kind of obvious. Unfortunately, it probably hurts mid-level girls who members might assume are doing better than they are.

Olivia was basically the Marilyn Manson of camgirls. Oooh so edgy. I doubt it hurts any of the big money girls for members to realize they're making bank. It's kind of obvious. Unfortunately, it probably hurts mid-level girls who members might assume are doing better than they are.
Sometimes I comment on the vast spread between the top spots, the mid miss mfc spots, and behind. The gaps are drastic. Yes the top girls are making BANK. It is not a shock, and sometimes when people think otherwise, I do like to remind them the case. The actual amount for ranks change month to month, but some folks are SO misguided in a way that stunts their participation, that I want to correct them.

Is it really rare for a model now in the top 100 to have ever debut with a cam score lower than 500 once her "new tag" is gone? (I am aware of the difference between MFC rankings and cam scores) I looked at MyCamGirl stats for many of the top girls in the top 100 and it looks like most of them, especially the ones in the top 20 have never had really MFC low rankings even going back 3-6 years back... The lowest MFC rank would be in the 200s etc and that is quite good actually. Many of the models in top 50 seem to have well done right out of the bat as their first recorded MFC ranking was in the 200-300's.... I haven't seen one model in the top 50 that had a really low ranking in the beginning; it seems that most started out fairly strong. At least they never did terrible if they debut. Again, MyCamGirl doesn't show history for ALL their usernames right because I see that many have changed their nick names often....

Which makes me think if you get a super low cam score like 500 or below after the "new tag" is gone it's pretty much irrecoverable... Is this right?

Rank has nothing to do with hourly pay. How much you are making per hour has more of an effect on your camscore.
If 2 models log on unranked at the beginning of the month, let's say model A stays online for 1 hour and makes $100 whereas model B stays online for 5 hours and makes $101, model B will still be ranked higher than model A despite having a lower hourly.
Awesome! This was super helpful :)

Is it really rare for a model now in the top 100 to have ever debut with a cam score lower than 500 once her "new tag" is gone? (I am aware of the difference between MFC rankings and cam scores) I looked at MyCamGirl stats for many of the top girls in the top 100 and it looks like most of them, especially the ones in the top 20 have never had really MFC low rankings even going back 3-6 years back... The lowest MFC rank would be in the 200s etc and that is quite good actually. Many of the models in top 50 seem to have well done right out of the bat as their first recorded MFC ranking was in the 200-300's.... I haven't seen one model in the top 50 that had a really low ranking in the beginning; it seems that most started out fairly strong. At least they never did terrible if they debut. Again, MyCamGirl doesn't show history for ALL their usernames right because I see that many have changed their nick names often....

Which makes me think if you get a super low cam score like 500 or below after the "new tag" is gone it's pretty much irrecoverable... Is this right?

Two different top models have posted in the models-only archived section about having camscores below 1000 when they first started. They both said something to the effect that they stuck it out and eventually found great success, over time. I’ve also heard this is true for another top model as well, although a member posted that anecdote, not the model herself. I think it does happen though.

If you’re really worried about your score, if you delete your account and then take a 6 month (minimum) break and make a new account, mfc in my experience will grant you a new one. But you have to have taken a break from the site, not be currently active on it. You may not get the new model tag though, but a fresh score. I think this can be successful if your low score is due to not having had time to really give it your all - and if you come back on your fresh account ready to work full-time.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.