AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC goes mobile

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Here's the mobile site they just announced on Twitter!

Models: you need to select "Super High Definition" on the video tab in your options window on the Model Web Broadcaster in order for people on mobile to see your video stream.

Attachments

• mobile mfc.jpg
    mobile mfc.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 551
  • mwb mobile.jpg
    mwb mobile.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 550
I've been wondering about that. Been seeing 'mobile' on some avatars when I'm on my tablet for a few weeks now, but hadn't been able to notice any difference.

Loading on Firefox - MFC serves up a '"application/vnd.apple.mpegurl"' - which somewhat breaks things.
Seemed to work on chrome on android.

And unless I'm more than usually confused, 320*240 is not usually considered 'super high definition'.

Will be interesting to see what happens next.

If members need to use mobiles to get yet more mfc then they really need to reassess life priorities...

I'm all for progress, but in this case the question is "why can you not live without..." :D

Reactions: goldenaye666
Kickaz said:
nicely done mfc! wonder if that option is on the software as well?
I don't believe it's available on the software.

Reactions: Kickaz
Zoomer said:
If members need to use mobiles to get yet more mfc then they really need to reassess life priorities...

I'm all for progress, but in this case the question is "why can you not live without..." :D

'Mobile' in this case can mean 'things that don't do flash'.
Tablets, TVs, Google Glass (sorta-kidding).

I truly hope nobodies using it in unsavoury ways in public - but...

FifthElephant said:
Loading on Firefox - MFC serves up a '"application/vnd.apple.mpegurl"' - which somewhat breaks things.

And unless I'm more than usually confused, 320*240 is not usually considered 'super high definition'.

Might want to reinstall your Firefox. Just checked mine (android on a Samsung Note) and it pulled up mfc great. No lag, full video and sound.

Attachments

• 2014-05-02-15-31-50.png
    2014-05-02-15-31-50.png
    622.6 KB · Views: 484
JerryBoBerry said:
FifthElephant said:

Might want to reinstall your Firefox. Just checked mine (android on a Samsung Note) and it pulled up mfc great. No lag, full video and sound.
That doesn't look like the mobile version.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
FifthElephant said:

It may be different on a tablet vs. a phone. I specifically typed in m.myfreecams.com and that's what loaded up.

Edit. Never mind. Evidently my firefox pulled up the desktop site anyway. grrr.

FifthElephant said:

Will only work with Chrome because it's a mpeg stream. Too bad because it looks better in Firefox than Chrome so far:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-02-22-38-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-22-38-26.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 478
  • Screenshot_2014-05-02-22-38-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-22-38-44.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 478
Zoomer said:

It's not far off, where, for a large percentage of people, tablets will be their main computing device. There's no real need for a laptop or desktop for those people.

JerryBoBerry said:
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
FifthElephant said:

It may be different on a tablet vs. a phone. I specifically typed in m.myfreecams.com and that's what loaded up.

Edit. Never mind. Evidently my firefox pulled up the desktop site anyway. grrr.

Okay, got it to load the 'mobile' site instead of the desktop site, so i see the difference now. I didn't get the same error. But I also couldn't get any video to play. So I guess it still needs a bit of work. I'll just stick to the regular site on my tablets with flash video.

Chrome did work for me too. It's still in Beta so there's bound to be a few things to improve. Overall a good first step.

Attachments

• 2014-05-02 15.47.11.png
    2014-05-02 15.47.11.png
    340.8 KB · Views: 474
Reactions: LadyLuna
Kradek said:
Zoomer said:

It's not far off, where, for a large percentage of people, tablets will be their main computing device. There's no real need for a laptop or desktop for those people.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/26 ... ht_design/ comes to mind.

Attachments

• fleshlight_ipad1.jpg
    fleshlight_ipad1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 472
Kradek said:
Zoomer said:

Agreed. One of my neighbors is elderly man and was given a tablet by the government. This is the only computer he has. Also many of the students in my college are going with tablets and their phones only. Computers aren't really needed anymore now.

I have been, using it for about a half an hour and it all seems to be working fine. The only problem is it does not show my friends list to me :( That and so few models have turned on super HD yet.

AmberCutie said:
Here's the mobile site they just announced on Twitter!

Models: you need to select "Super High Definition" on the video tab in your options window on the Model Web Broadcaster in order for people on mobile to see your video stream.
What does this "Super HD" mean outside of being mandatory for models who want to be watched on mobiles? :think:

Reactions: SexySteph
FifthElephant said:

320×240 has always been the default MFC resolution. Currently on the normal website, model Violet420 has the HD tag, but if I check her mobile stream, it's still 320×240.
But since I've never been quite sure what HD meant in normal MFC, I'm not sure if they reencode all their mobile streams in that resolution or if it's actually the original resolution.

Before the mobile site no rooms had sound and video was like stop motion animation

And it's the same on the mobile site as well

I used to see models in white & highlighted in green, now I also see them in pink

I selected esmerelda bel as it specified "mobile feed"
I still had no sound in her room, video was like a slideshow and If I slected the Mobile option all i got was a white screen

On a samsung galaxy

Attachments

• main page screen.jpg
    main page screen.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 391
  • model room.jpg
    model room.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 392
The Insider said:
Before the mobile site no rooms had sound and video was like stop motion animation

And it's the same on the mobile site as well

I used to see models in white & highlighted in green, now I also see them in pink

I selected esmerelda bel as it specified "mobile feed"
I still had no sound in her room, video was like a slideshow and If I slected the Mobile option all i got was a white screen

On a samsung galaxy
You went to "www.m.myfreecams.com", which does not go to the mobile site. You need to go to the actual mobile site, "m.myfreecams.com" (I linked it in the original post)

The full website with a Flash-enabled browser is still the way to go if you want to have sound and video, it seems. I can't tell the difference between a model's who's "mobile" from one who isn't as far as that's concerned.

Everything else works better on the mobile site, now that I figured out the "toggle video" thing. :oops:

Sevrin said:
Models who are, should add "mobile", etc. to their tags. If a member is on the main site and wants to see which models he can view on another device, there's no other way to search for them.
Good idea!

Reactions: missmeowmixx
Sevrin said:
Models who are, should add "mobile", etc. to their tags. If a member is on the main site and wants to see which models he can view on another device, there's no other way to search for them.

rather than relying on the 0.001% of models who will do that, you could just go to m.myfreecams.com.
On the models tab, click on the 3 horizontal lines on the right side of that tab. (what is that called? its like the menu button in chrome)
This opens the model list options menu.

select show models with mobile feeds.

Reactions: goldenaye666
i've been playing around a bit on my blackberry, seems to be almost working fine except when typing in a room i get a big red X so not sure if i was seen or not ( or possibly ignored)
thought i'd mention, in case it wasn't only me

edit, works if i don't use emotes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.