AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Model can now broadcast from their Browser

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two times I tried broadcasting from my browser in Mac it slowed my cam down to where it looked like I was in slow motion.

This sounds awesome! I'm especially happy to hear that it won't reset token total (I HATE when that happens!). :-D

Thanks for the info!

EvaLee said:
Has anyone been using it with a Mac OS? Curious if there are any bugs with it. :-D

Works good. Just cant use third party software like Manycams.

AmberCutie said:
By the way, the audio issue I was having was due to Logitech's stupid software resetting my "rightsound" option to ON. NEVER use rightsound. It's wrongsound, fer sure.

I hate rightsound so much. It makes a room way to quiet.

Mikeythegeek said:
I can't find a good place for this and don't think it deserves a new thread, but I noticed this when I entered Lounge 1000 tonight.
The thing about playing with each other's wieners in Iggyville? I heard that too. I'm not sure how that's pertinent, though.

The lounge has always had a little notification like that if you scrolled to the top of the chat when you open the room. But now they made it prettier and more obvious.

I forgot to add a note about what may be the most exciting feature on the web version!

*Being able to click the name of the tipper when a tip comes in is GREAT! Their name shows up in the red/yellow tip as a blue link so you no longer have to ask them to "type in chat" so you can PM them.

I hate the "ding"! Which I can't turn off or down without turning the tip jingle down... :crybaby:

Tested on HTC Desire HD, webpage gives warning Flash will not be able to access camera. So not working at the moment..

JoleneJolene said:
I hate the "ding"! Which I can't turn off or down without turning the tip jingle down... :crybaby:

This annoyed me even though the room couldn't hear it. >_< I hope they add a feature to disable it soon.

I also noticed when I used this that after an hour or so of being on cam there would start to be a delay on my cam. It would seem like I was answering stuff 30 seconds or a minute after it was typed. I logged off, logged back on & it would fix it, but of course it would just start happening again. :\

Other than those two things, no problems so far. It's great MFC gave models a browsers based alt. the software.

My sound keeps cutting out on my mac via the browser.. I can't turn off the "rightsound" because logitech doesn't have any mac software that I can find. Very annoying, otherwise I would be using the browser all the time so I can avoid parallels :[

Anyone else conquered this issue?

LacieLaPlante said:
My sound keeps cutting out on my mac via the browser.. I can't turn off the "rightsound" because logitech doesn't have any mac software that I can find. Very annoying, otherwise I would be using the browser all the time so I can avoid parallels :[

Anyone else conquered this issue?

^ Ditto this. I am having the same problem with the logitech not having mac software :-( hopefully someone knows something we don't.

I have a member who uses macs and has a logitech camera, that supposedly has mac software. He tried downloading it from the site. it was crap. Not like they do for windows at all.

Anyone have any problems with the web browser? Tonight my room counts were totally messed up. I was seeing 258 in my room, everyone else was seeing 800+. I refreshed, it fixed, then it happened again about 45 minutes later.

Also, anyone ever have the issue with the freaking tabs screwing up, main chat disappearing, one tab atop of another? I think I have the world of problems. :lol:

EvaLee said:
Anyone have any problems with the web browser? Tonight my room counts were totally messed up. I was seeing 258 in my room, everyone else was seeing 800+. I refreshed, it fixed, then it happened again about 45 minutes later.

Also, anyone ever have the issue with the freaking tabs screwing up, main chat disappearing, one tab atop of another? I think I have the world of problems. :lol:

Amber had the room count problem all last night. It wasn't just you.

EvaLee said:

Yup to both! I've sent in detailed bug reports to the admin about the tabs screwing up and main chat disappearing. I haven't heard from him in over a week, though, and I'm scared that he's disappeared. It was going so well for a while, getting fast correspondence and such. I hope he returns soon, or at least someone gets the ball rolling again on bug fixes.

The room counts were very screwy last night. I opened a guest window just to see my actual room counts. I knew something was wrong when I had my pussy all up in the camera and only had 400 people in my room count. It was over 1k, but I'd never have known unless I asked my members, lol.

AmberCutie said:
Yup to both! I've sent in detailed bug reports to the admin about the tabs screwing up and main chat disappearing. I haven't heard from him in over a week, though, and I'm scared that he's disappeared. It was going so well for a while, getting fast correspondence and such. I hope he returns soon, or at least someone gets the ball rolling again on bug fixes.

The room counts were very screwy last night. I opened a guest window just to see my actual room counts. I knew something was wrong when I had my pussy all up in the camera and only had 400 people in my room count. It was over 1k, but I'd never have known unless I asked my members, lol.

Thank god it isn't just me. Although I really hope they will do something about it asap. I really hate having to F5 in the middle of things just to fix it and come back to 200+ people thinking I've left for the night.

For a split second I was like, okay I'll go back to the client tonight. But then I remembered I couldn't click on people when they tip me. Omg. The horror. :crybaby: Best freaking feature cocks down.

my logitech camera is detected on my photobooth so i know it's compatible but the browser won't pick up the logitech in adobe, only my main built-in camera that looks horrible. can anyone help me with this?

olivialuxxx said:
my logitech camera is detected on my photobooth so i know it's compatible but the browser won't pick up the logitech in adobe, only my main built-in camera that looks horrible. can anyone help me with this?

When the box came up to approve the camera, you should be able to click a drop-down and select the camera, in your case, probably USB. I don't know if this even makes sense, it's almost 5am here.

BuxomZoe said:
olivialuxxx said:

When the box came up to approve the camera, you should be able to click a drop-down and select the camera, in your case, probably USB. I don't know if this even makes sense, it's almost 5am here.

yes i tried that. my USB drive camera was my built-in camera that's low quality & can't pick up my voice. the other options on the drop down camera screen weren't detecting my logitech camera.
i emailed MFC and they've yet to get back to me. MACAM USERS = how does your macam work on the mfc browser broadcaster? should i buy one? like i said, my logitech camera works on my mac's photobooth, just NOT on the mfc browser.

JoleneJolene said:
This has been disabled completely for right now until they can add an option to turn it on/off in the options. :) A new version has just been launched with fixes to a few minor bugs I reported last night.

yikes - i see why i got no responses to my last question. it made NO sense!

sooo, it turns out my friend and i who cam on macs won't pick up either of our logitech cams on the browser broadcaster when not using parallels. the browser will pick up my built-in camera though, but it's such low quality that i don't want to use it. the logitech camera will only work on the browser on windows when she runs parallels. who else uses the browser to broadcast on their macs? have you ran into this problem, too?
are there any cameras on the market that work on the browser on a mac without using parallels?
i've been working at this for over a week now and bought two cameras that don't work, any piece of advice helps so much! thank you!

olivialuxxx said:

sooo, it turns out my friend and i who cam on macs won't pick up either of our logitech cams on the browser broadcaster when not using parallels. the browser will pick up my built-in camera though, but it's such low quality that i don't want to use it. the logitech camera will only work on the browser on windows when she runs parallels. who else uses the browser to broadcast on their macs? have you ran into this problem, too?
are there any cameras on the market that work on the browser on a mac without using parallels?
i've been working at this for over a week now and bought two cameras that don't work, any piece of advice helps so much! thank you!

^ having the same problem also from 2 different macs with logitech cams

I'm running Mac 10.6.8 with a logitech c270, haven't had a single problem with the camera connecting to the ModelBrowser...but I have had issues with my chat room appearing when i first connect. hope this gave a tiny bit of insight. are you running Lion? there was a firmware update recently...check your software updates!

Here's a history of the bugs reported and fixed so far (these were in email to AdminKevin, pardon the confusing details):

1. My Channel crashed on me at one point when switching to a new PM tab. I could see it was from WalkerBOOMz but there was no text in it. (It chimed like a new PM). When I came back from the PM, there was no My Channel, it just showed the PMs in it.
This has been looked into, and I haven't had an issue with it recently, but I don't think it was officially confirmed "fixed".

2. Having the PM windows take focus, leaving us unable to see our My Channel tab, is difficult. Being able to see the PM windows separately would be ideal, if possible.
This isn't something that they can fix immediately, but will look into for future versions.

3. I was hoping to be able to change the text size, but didn't see an option for it.
Fixed! It's an option in the settings panel.

4. When members did the emote {*emote*} function, it dropped their name from the message. Just showed a * instead. " * says good job " instead of " Mikey says good job". found that unusual.
Fixed!

5. Theres a little box that pops up when people are queueing for group show, but I hit the X on that to close it, and it never came back. From then on, I couldn't see when people were queueing up after that.
Closing the group queue box is currently disabled. The box covers the bottom portion of the window and is a tad annoying still, but eventually I'm sure this will be fixed.

6. When switching between tabs, the chat would scroll all the way to the top of the page.
Fixed for the most part, still happens occasionally when coming back from group.

7. There is currently no character limit number/warning for our topic. (I love that we dont' have to click EDIT on it anymore, just SET. Thanks!)
Fixed!

8. When I had enough PM tabs open that it went to 2 rows, the main chat tab bugged out a bit. It would put the bottom line of incoming chat into my text box. Closing extra PM tabs so that I only had one row of them fixed it.
I don't recall if this was confirmed fixed, but he said he was working on this.

9. I've also noticed that it's impossible to scroll up in the main chat. I was trying to scroll up to a tip that had gone off the page to click on the tipper's name, but when I scrolled up, it immediately forced me back to the bottom of the chat.
Fixed!

10. The options panel seemed a bit sluggish, wasn't registering my clicks on the check boxes or the save/cancel buttons very quickly.
No fix yet, but this may just be me. :)

11. Quite a few girls on my forum (and members, actually) have complained about the new PM chime. I think having a way to disable that would be great for the girls who get tons of new PMs popping up all the time. Some girls have been muting their sound entirely just to avoid it, but then can't hear the tip ding either.
The ding is temporarily completely disabled while they find a fix for this.

12. The apostrophe bug seems to have come back. "I'd" becomes "Iâd"
Just sent this today, no reply yet.

3. If I resize my Chrome browser while I have my cam and chatroom open, the broadcaster crashes and boots me to the log in screen.

4. If a message is denied in PM due to me not being on a person's friend list, I get no text warning (the software has this).

I'll keep this thread posted with more exciting updates as they come. :)

I am not recommending this or advising you use it because I have ZERO experience with it. But I did find iGlasses for webcam control. This might be what those with Logitech 9ks on MACs can use to control their settings. There is a demo version, I don't see that it is limited but it might be. Hope it helps but if this blows something up, you can blame me just don't ban me lol.

This info is in the install instructions on the site: Flash-based Websites: Right-click or control-click anywhere in the video window, and choose "Settings". Select the webcam tab and then select iGlasses from the Camera menu: <then it has pics showing this>

thanks for all of the responses. i have parallels running on my laptop now and my logitech webcam works fine on the browser now. i'm so excited to use my laptop for MFC now! oh the possibilites!

Miss_Heidi said:
olivialuxxx said:

^ having the same problem also from 2 different macs with logitech cams

Are you guys plugging the camera into the very first usb port (closest to you) if I don't my logitech won't work on the MFC browser software either. Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.