AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC On NetBooks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, waiting for arach to reply to this one. :)

It looks fine. The numerous sections are smaller, which means a bit more scrolling. The actual video window is obviously smaller but looks crystal with a good netbook screen. Try to avoid rooms with heavy image use... The numerous animated gifs and rapidly passing text can really drag down the video stream.

Get the best processor you can afford. If you have other programs running it will help keep everything running as smoothly as possible. If you can get one with its own descrete video, it will help also.

Shara said:
hmmm. It's just because I'm buying a laptop exclusively for MFC. I'll probably end up with a 15" screen though.

If you're buying one from the model perspective for MFC, go with a 15". I used the MFC software once on a netbook. I could see the ban person link & I also would get lagged out as fuck if anyone used ANY big emotes. Not worth it if you're looking for a "work" laptop

I use a 10" netbook. Runs fine, is kinda small. However, the netbook is great for travelling.

At home, I connect my netbook to a monitor.

I've been running this set up for a year and it is good. Use it 10X more than my pc

It's a cheap alternative.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I wanted to get opinions from any models that happen to be using netbooks exclusively for MFC. I have a friend who is a model, and I just ordered her a Dell Inspiron 11z thinking that it would be convenient to move around to different locations and generally easier to deal with than a full-fledged laptop. However, reading through different threads it seems like this might have been a bad call because of the small screen size (11") in conjunction with the MFC software. Since I obviously have no experience using that software I just wanted to see if any other models are actively using netbooks of similar size with MFC and your experience. Thanks!

P.S. This is my first post so please be gentle :)

Reptilian97 said:
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I wanted to get opinions from any models that happen to be using netbooks exclusively for MFC. I have a friend who is a model, and I just ordered her a Dell Inspiron 11z thinking that it would be convenient to move around to different locations and generally easier to deal with than a full-fledged laptop. However, reading through different threads it seems like this might have been a bad call because of the small screen size (11") in conjunction with the MFC software. Since I obviously have no experience using that software I just wanted to see if any other models are actively using netbooks of similar size with MFC and your experience. Thanks!

P.S. This is my first post so please be gentle :)

Actually I think this is a decent res-erection, certainly better than most. However, before you expect anyone to help you out, you should go here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32 and introduce yourself properly.

Welcome to the site, its great to have you here.

Jebbaz said:
Actually I think this is a decent res-erection, certainly better than most. However, before you expect anyone to help you out, you should go here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32 and introduce yourself properly.

Welcome to the site, its great to have you here.

Thanks for the welcome, and I agree a proper introduction is in order. Will go do that now :) Sorry, just freaking a bit as it seems I may not have thought this purchase through completely and it's already on it's way to her, so any insight both positive and negative is greatly appreciated.

I have used my Samsung Netbook (10" screen, I think) during my mobile shows and it can be a little difficult to work with. The PM window takes up half the screen so there's no way I can even consider responding to PM's while still keeping an eye on my chat room like I typically do. Additionally, it doesn't really give me the option to ban people from the chat room window. I have to open the other screen with my ban list and add them there. Same goes for adding people to my friends list. It's really just annoying. However, it's great for camming "on the go" so to speak and I don't regret the purchase at all.

On the flip side, I used my netbook during the KittysKult raids this past week and I couldn't have the text box where you type in chat and the entire video on the screen at the same time. Now, it may just be that I have to rearrange some things to give me more space, but I just found navigating the site a little more difficult than when I'm on my larger laptop.

I hope this helps a little....

xo
Kitty

Thank you so much for your input. I actually did a bit more research on the screen resolution of the model I purchased (Dell Inspiron 11z) and I'm thinking that she may be alright, as it's display is 1366x768 while my full-size laptop screen is 1280x800. This means she'll actually have a bit more on the width than my own laptop, but a little less on the height. Of course the screen itself is smaller but as long as she can see everything she needs to see in the MFC software that's all I'm concerned about. I think I lucked out by choosing a netbook with an HD display but we'll know for sure in a few days :) Again thanks for the info.

KittyWilde said:
I have used my Samsung Netbook (10" screen, I think) during my mobile shows and it can be a little difficult to work with. The PM window takes up half the screen so there's no way I can even consider responding to PM's while still keeping an eye on my chat room like I typically do. Additionally, it doesn't really give me the option to ban people from the chat room window. I have to open the other screen with my ban list and add them there. Same goes for adding people to my friends list. It's really just annoying. However, it's great for camming "on the go" so to speak and I don't regret the purchase at all.

On the flip side, I used my netbook during the KittysKult raids this past week and I couldn't have the text box where you type in chat and the entire video on the screen at the same time. Now, it may just be that I have to rearrange some things to give me more space, but I just found navigating the site a little more difficult than when I'm on my larger laptop.

I hope this helps a little....

xo
Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.