AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC - Tipping Annonymously

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
For the MFC models out there, when you run your monthly report for how much certain members have tipped, does it count the anonymous tips we have tipped you?

Yes. The tips are listed as "anonymous" so if we're adding up individual tips we won't know who it is from, but if we look at our top contributors for the month any anonymous tips will be listed in the gross total. Still, I don't usually pay enough attention to those to keep track of the anonymous tips...it would take a SIGNIFICANT number of anonymous tokens for me to notice the 'nonny tokens tacked onto someones total, personally! But some girls keep a closer eye on those things than I do, I'm just lazy. :p

We have 2 lists in our admin. One is top tippers for the month, and one is all time.

The one for the month *used* to count anonymous tips in with member's regular token total, but that has been fixed (it was a bug, shouldn't have been happening.)

The one for all time does still seem to group anonymous tips in with member's regular token total. I don't know why that hasn't been fixed yet or if it's like that on purpose.

So as it stands right now, if a person was trying to hide behind anonymous tips for long enough to show up in our "all time" list, we could eventually be able to figure out who they are.

It would be nice if there was another variation for Anon tips in which only the model would see the tipper's identity. This could be useful for countdowns that are moved by public tips but not by hidden "ninja" tips. Plus the tip could be included in the member's monthly and overall totals.

Just thinking out loud...

Reactions: Always_Tim
wjr3 said:
It would be nice if there was another variation for Anon tips in which only the model would see the tipper's identity. This could be useful for countdowns that are moved by public tips but not by hidden "ninja" tips. Plus the tip could be included in the member's monthly and overall totals.

That's kind of exactly what a ninja tip is... I mean, couldn't a person ninja tip and tell the model to put it towards the countdown? Are there actually any models who would strictly deny their tips going toward the countdown just because he hid his tip/identity from the room? :?

Reactions: SexySteph
motherbrain said:
wjr3 said:

That's kind of exactly what a ninja tip is... I mean, couldn't a person ninja tip and tell the model to put it towards the countdown? Are there actually any models who would strictly deny their tips going toward the countdown just because he hid his tip/identity from the room? :?
I don't count ninja tips toward any countdowns and explicitly state that in the topic. (I use an automatic tip counter "Cootie Board" and it cannot recognize ninja tips, by design.)

I can see his point. Big tippers sometimes don't want their name put on blast on tips because they get hounded by the shady little greedy models that spy in other girls' chat rooms to find who her tippers are. But they still like to help with countdowns, so it puts them in a conundrum.

AmberCutie said:
motherbrain said:
wjr3 said:

I don't count ninja tips toward any countdowns and explicitly state that in the topic. (I use an automatic tip counter "Cootie Board" and it cannot recognize ninja tips, by design.)

I can see his point. Big tippers sometimes don't want their name put on blast on tips because they get hounded by the shady little greedy models that spy in other girls' chat rooms to find who her tippers are. But they still like to help with countdowns, so it puts them in a conundrum.

I see. I guess it just depends on the model and how she runs her room then! Personally I don't have a problem with counting ninjas toward countdowns if they request it, but I could see such a system being somewhat beneficial. For example I don't like when my ONLY tipper at the time is ninja-ing toward the count because it doesn't show up in the room.. viewers/tippers are more likely to accumulate when there is yellow on the screen.

Where do I find "Cootie Board"???

I notice most girls don't count ninja tips towards topic... Is the golden rule only to count it IF, in TIP NOTE?

MarisaLynn said:

I notice most girls don't count ninja tips towards topic... Is the golden rule only to count it IF, in TIP NOTE?
There's a link to it on my profile. It's mine, though, not something others can use.

MarisaLynn said:

If you'd like take a look at MFC Assistant that was created by KradekMFC. The script is here: https://github.com/KradekMFC/MFCAssistant/blob/master/mfcassist.tamper.js and with the help of Rey_Smith & Chitown73 I created a quick installation & configuration guide here: http://pastebin.com/uLxkgAez.

Note: As I'm not a model I cannot verify if the script will only read public tips or ninja + anon tips. I'd guess ninja would be fine as the script looks for a specific shade of yellow along with a specific text string. I do not not know if it could read the gray of anon tips but it's easy enough to correct the count if you'd like.

-UrsusMaritimu

Travis970 said:
MarisaLynn said:

If you'd like take a look at MFC Assistant that was created by KradekMFC. The script is here: https://github.com/KradekMFC/MFCAssistant/blob/master/mfcassist.tamper.js and with the help of Rey_Smith & Chitown73 I created a quick installation & configuration guide here: http://pastebin.com/uLxkgAez.

Note: As I'm not a model I cannot verify if the script will only read public tips or ninja + anon tips. I'd guess ninja would be fine as the script looks for a specific shade of yellow along with a specific text string. I do not not know if it could read the gray of anon tips but it's easy enough to correct the count if you'd like.

-UrsusMaritimu

When it comes to computing and your new-fangled scripts, I'm woefully ignorant, so I might well have completely got the wrong end of the proverbial stick here, but are these instructions on how to use the same "Cootie Board" that Amber just said is not for other models' usage?

mynameisbob84 said:
Travis970 said:
MarisaLynn said:

-UrsusMaritimu

When it comes to computing and your new-fangled scripts, I'm woefully ignorant, so I might well have completely got the wrong end of the proverbial stick here, but are these instructions on how to use the same "Cootie Board" that Amber just said is not for other models' usage?
A long while ago, our ACF friend Kradek created a counter-type assistant script that members can use. I don't believe it works on the modelweb broadcaster for models to use while they're broadcasting, though, which means it would only count public tips.

My Cootie Board is a completely custom page that works off of the modelweb broadcaster. When I say it isn't for others to use, I mean because it's only available to me. :) It's mine.

AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Travis970 said:
MarisaLynn said:

-UrsusMaritimu

A long while ago, our ACF friend Kradek created a counter-type assistant script that members can use. I don't believe it works on the modelweb broadcaster for models to use while they're broadcasting, though, which means it would only count public tips.

My Cootie Board is a completely custom page that works off of the modelweb broadcaster. When I say it isn't for others to use, I mean because it's only available to me. :) It's mine.

Ah, I see. In that case, please disregard my ignorance :)

mynameisbob84 said:

Instructions for Models who want their own Cootie Board

Phase 1: Find your own Jawbs.
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit

Always_Tim said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Phase 2: Find another friend to design, from scratch, your own cute creatures that AREN'T "Cooties"!
Added phase 2. :D

AmberCutie said:
Always_Tim said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Phase 2: Find another friend to design, from scratch, your own cute creatures that AREN'T "Cooties"!
Added phase 2. :D
I only feel mildly guilty for laughing at this exchange. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.