AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MISS mfc changed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nzhere

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Sep 6, 2010
The Miss Myfreecams page now lists the top 100 no just the top 20.

Interesting sexycallie who is top in the Miss Asian MFC is ranked 43rd in the Main Miss MFC

HollieCakes said:
Okay now I'm totally bummed that I didn't make a play for top 100 this month like I was planning at the start. Actually seems potentially attainable. I think this is probably going to make a looootttt of girls more competitive.
I am one of those girls lol! I love it, and hats off to the MFC team for this to increase game amongst the "not-top-20" girls lol. Top 100 does seem attainable and it is so interesting to see who is in there. I am on vacation in October, but will definitely be working towards a top 100 finish in November. It will do me good to try! Top 20 is so eh! I will never end up there! Top 100? not so scary!

KarmelKiss said:
HollieCakes said:
Okay now I'm totally bummed that I didn't make a play for top 100 this month like I was planning at the start. Actually seems potentially attainable. I think this is probably going to make a looootttt of girls more competitive.
I am one of those girls lol! I love it, and hats off to the MFC team for this to increase game amongst the "not-top-20" girls lol. Top 100 does seem attainable and it is so interesting to see who is in there. I am on vacation in October, but will definitely be working towards a top 100 finish in November. It will do me good to try! Top 20 is so eh! I will never end up there! Top 100? not so scary!

Yeah I'm betting at least initially this is probably a super good business move for MFC. Pushes more girls a bit.

Awesome! However, I'm doubting the final list will be more than 20. So to have your name visible after the month ends, still have to finish top 20. That's just my assumption, though.

:think: if you know the amount of tokens 2 or 3 girls in the top 100 have this will also allow you to have a good idea what other models avg per day.

:twocents-02cents:

Something is off about this and not updating correctly. Either the Miss MFC link in our model section isn't updating correctly, or the public Top 100 isn't updating correctly. When I go into my model account it says I'm currently ranked #26. Sooo.. I click Miss MFC to see the top 100 and it lists me as #28.

Is this a cruel joke of wanting to get me all excited? :crybaby: Anyone else's wonky?

EvaLee said:
Something is off about this and not updating correctly. Either the Miss MFC link in our model section isn't updating correctly, or the public Top 100 isn't updating correctly. When I go into my model account it says I'm currently ranked #26. Sooo.. I click Miss MFC to see the top 100 and it lists me as #28.

Is this a cruel joke of wanting to get me all excited? :crybaby: Anyone else's wonky?
The last day of every month is like this. Trust the one that's updating (the list of names) not the "you are currently ranked xx" part. I don't know why but each last day of the month, MFC has issues with the rank page.

Here's the problem I have. As it is, Miss MFC is pretty much a virtual catfight for many models and their fanbases. That's especially true in the top 3.

Now imagine this scenario. Model X is ranked #52 and she sees a model she absolutely hates (we'll call her Model Y) 3 spots above her. Model X starts saying to her viewers "hey, get me to #49 and I'll fist my ass for you right here"

Well, Model Y sees this and jumps on cam to fight back. Eventually, it devolves into a virtual catfight with each model's fans shit talking the other model and the models begging for tokens.

For any model who's never been involved in the top 20, you might be wondering if I'm crazy. But this already happens in the top 20 as it is! Any model who's spent time in the top 20 will confirm this!

And now you're expanding that drama from 20-22 models to 100-105? So for the next 2 1/2 hours (as of this writing), I can go on MFC and hear 20-25 models begging for tokens to move up just 1 or 2 spots. Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun... NOT! Frankly, I'd rather be buttfucked with no lube by Jawbs. I would've said bawksy, but we all know I wouldn't feel his toothpick sized dick.

MFC says that the rankings are "just for fun so we ask all of our models and members not to take it very seriously." But we all know that many models take it quite seriously. To the point of obsessing over it. All this "improvement" does is make it many times worse. And frankly, I can't fap to that drama.

:twocents-02cents:

Attachments

• captain-obvious-5-nobrain.jpg
    captain-obvious-5-nobrain.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 360
While I do agree with you, Mikey - I feel like it may create more drama - I also think it is more fun to be able to see the top 100 models. In the past few months, I have made it into the 200s, which I feel is a great accomplishment for me, and while I don't really give two shits about being a top 20 model (frankly, I don't really want to work that hard or that many hours considering I start going a little loopy after two hours on cam), I do like that it is a good way to track one's progress.

Maybe I'm just not a catty bitch, but I was really happy to see some of my friends like Amber or Jolene or some of our other forum friends up there in the top 100. I never would have known that they were doing so well without the top 100 being shown! I am so proud of them, and all of the other models on that list. I also noticed that not all of the models in the top 100 was a cookie-cutter, toothpick chick with fake tits, a tan, and a badass attitude (no offense at all to those of you who are), and that also made me squee because hey, we are all different and wonderful in our own ways (damnit, I sound like a Hallmark card).

So, yes, I see where this cattiness could get worse, but I would like to invite all of the models on here to take a different approach - let's celebrate other models' success while striving to be better ourselves instead of stepping on all the other girls to get a foot in the door. Because, when it comes down to it, we can ALL be successful - we can ALL have our own niche following depending on our personality, looks, fetishes, etc. There are several thousand models on MFC, and I will bet that there are about as many business strategies as there are models. Let's not tear each other down, let's build each other up! :twocents-02cents:

And with that, I feel like that chick from Mean Girls:

Crying girl: I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...
[about to cry]
Damian: [shouting from back] She doesn't even go here!
Ms. Norbury: Do you even go to this school?
Crying Girl: No... I just have a lot of feelings...
Ms. Norbury: Ok go home...
[girl walks off stage]
Ms. Norbury: Next!

Sorry for the sunshine and rainbows post - and HELLO to everyone, since I haven't posted in a long time!!

We all obsess over it anyway. At least now, 80 more girls' hard work can get recognized on the public list. Lots of girls are excited about the change.

Mikeythegeek said:
Frankly, I'd rather be buttfucked with no lube by Jawbs. I would've said bawksy, but we all know I wouldn't feel his toothpick sized dick.

I see, so you'd rather FEEL the dick as it buttfucks you (with no lube) :think:

I think, sadly, Miss MFC makes money for the site (the token inflation in the competition confirms this) precisely because models and by extension their regulars get a little crazy over it. If this extends to the top 100 at all I suspect, logically, the site will continue to increase profit and the feature will remain.

The best we can hope for is it spreads a little of the wealth and attention pouring onto that top 20 more evenly over the other 80.

Don't forget, you can still OPT out and be anon

^ Well that's just stupid...

anyways, I figured they would've done top 50 if anything, just to try it out, to see the top #100 is kinda crazy/much but eh.
At least they're not crashing every day anymore.

Have asked for a minor addition. An up / down /same placing arrow icon that shows the changes after each miss mfc update.

e.g model A is moving up model B is moving down

I have already heard models talking about getting to the top 100. It is kind of depressing that the drama from the top 20 is spreading. I would much rather see a simple goal or board to clear instead of tip me more money than those other beyotchs are making( that is lie by the way please make that your topic).

I just do not see this as rewarding models for their hard work either. I go hopping room to room when bored and I see models working hard on every page of MFC not just the top one. Saying only the top 100 money makers are worth while models is wrong.

I think this will just discourage models who can not get into the top 100 and cause hurt feelings. I also think MFC will clean house with it and I expect a full list ranking all models by money made before the year is out. I also expect the ability to sort the main page by gross income as well instead of cam score.

Agree with Sevrin. This is just to make more money for mfc :D Models enjoy the ranking and pressure members to tip more to help them (see topic titles of rooms). This extends pressure to a much wider group of members.

I'm not against it, I spend what I want not what I can afford...but I do think it is worth acknowledging what it is done for. It isn't for models enjoyment or fun. It is to bleed members of cash.

It is only about money. So enjoy the fun, but don't forget that :p

nzhere said:
Have asked for a minor addition. An up / down /same placing arrow icon that shows the changes after each miss mfc update.

e.g model A is moving up model B is moving down

OMG why, that's going to make models angry and members go broke lol...that's like the worst aspects of miss mfc condensed into one feature

All I can say is that the only month I have EVER set a ranking goal within the top 100 and made it semi public for my cammiversary month they bring this feature out and people loved it! I also loved seeing my name up there and it made my heart feel good, like my hard work had paid off! The dudes that were contributing and wanting to make it happen could finally see it for themselves too and it made them feel good as well!

@shaun Having a ranking goal and going for it does not have to be a cut throat bash fest on other girls. I can just be about that one girl, as it should be.

So funny. When a feature comes out that the members like, models freak out, and when a feature comes out that models like, members freak out. Good shit!

Congrats on the great month, JJTwat!

JoleneJolene said:
All I can say is that the only month I have EVER set a ranking goal within the top 100 and made it semi public for my cammiversary month they bring this feature out and people loved it! I also loved seeing my name up there and it made my heart feel good, like my hard work had paid off! The dudes that were contributing and wanting to make it happen could finally see it for themselves too and it made them feel good as well!

@shaun Having a ranking goal and going for it does not have to be a cut throat bash fest on other girls. I can just be about that one girl, as it should be.

Does that mean you will not set your topic as "Tip me more money than those other beyotches." for me. :crybaby: You are so cruel JJ. Why must you crush my dreams of hundreds of models having the same topic.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
I've always said that if a model can make the top 100 one month, she can try for the top 20 the next. Also, having a goal is a way to power the room and keep them focus, and not just the model. The top list makes it extremely easy to do that.

I like it. It'll only cause drama in rooms where there already is drama, but overall it'll just give people something to be happy with and strive for while still getting public praise for it.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Jupiter551 said:
Mikeythegeek said:
Frankly, I'd rather be buttfucked with no lube by Jawbs. I would've said bawksy, but we all know I wouldn't feel his toothpick sized dick.

I see, so you'd rather FEEL the dick as it buttfucks you (with no lube) :think:

I think, sadly, Miss MFC makes money for the site (the token inflation in the competition confirms this) precisely because models and by extension their regulars get a little crazy over it. If this extends to the top 100 at all I suspect, logically, the site will continue to increase profit and the feature will remain.

The best we can hope for is it spreads a little of the wealth and attention pouring onto that top 20 more evenly over the other 80.
No, the joke is that getting fucked by bawksy would be like getting fucked by an ant whereas getting it from Jawbs would actually be akin to punishment. But I'd rather do that than listen to a model beg to make the top 100.

Meanwhile, I notice that the Miss MFC page is only showing the top 20 from last month. #21-100 is nowhere to be found. So what's the point in fighting for spots 21-100? Getting a couple of extra people in the room for the month? Ego?

If my (currently non-existent) girlfriend or wife was in this business, I'd tell her to not even worry about it. Just try to make your income goals and let whatever happen, happen as far as the rankings. At the end of the day, I think the model who takes that attitude will be better off in multiple ways than the model who worries about her rankings and what other models are doing around her.

As far as why MFC is doing this...

Sevrin said:
I think MFC is seeing their revenues drop as the economy goes downhill and are hoping to motivate more members to buy tokens to tip their favourites.
Bingo. I mean, Amber was worried about making her token goals for the month for September for a while yet her camscore was as high as 18974 at one point in the last few days, according to her MFC profile.

So it does seem like MFC is seeing a slow down and this is a weak attempt to boost things. Of course, there are better options.

I think it's great :)

Myself, I have only been online enough hours to make top 20 one month. It was a great month but I doubt I will ever make top 20 again. I just don't have the time to commit to the site.

But I always though top 100 would be just as fun to shoot for, if only our regulars could view those rankings also. In the past, when my ranking has been in the 21-100 range, I have had so many guys ask "How do I view your ranking?" and now, they actually can!

Most of the guys I know on the site have wanted access to these rankings for some time now and as far as any extra drama goes, I have a pretty drama free room anyways, so I am on board :)

Mikeythegeek said:
Sevrin said:
I think MFC is seeing their revenues drop as the economy goes downhill and are hoping to motivate more members to buy tokens to tip their favourites.
Bingo. I mean, Amber was worried about making her token goals for the month for September for a while yet her camscore was as high as 18974 at one point in the last few days, according to her MFC profile.

So it does seem like MFC is seeing a slow down and this is a weak attempt to boost things. Of course, there are better options.

I get most of what you're saying but not the bit about Amber...isn't camscore more-or-less related to earnings/time online? How does Amber having a stratospheric camscore indicate the site isn't making much money? She had an almost 19k camscore but was struggling for tokens? I don't get it.

As for the economy...MFC might be better off than most since guys still want tits regardless of the world's economic state, but they aren't (and shouldn't expect to be) completely immune. Leo certainly knows that.

Same goes for the girls - and I know some models do care about their regs enough that they don't want them spending more than they can afford. It seems slightly unethical to be trying to squeeze MORE tokens out of the members at times when (on average) they are doing it tough like everyone else.

On cracked I saw a perfect mascot for MFC this morning.
rXSpi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.