AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Misunderstood Lyrics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bocefish said:
Jupiter551 said:
One of Amber's signature sexy songs - noticed this the other day, I've never had any idea what he said, now I realise he was doing a Nostradamus
"livin' like a lover with a red iPhone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AQ4xwmZ6zi4#t=45s

I thought they were saying radar phone and assumed that must be some UK terminology thing, no?
R2sVd.gif
One of the youtube comments says radar phone, but I have no clue what that is, probably a sleek and sexy futuristic gadget like this:

Attachments

• sexyphone.jpg
    sexyphone.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 90
Jupiter551 said:
RogueWarrior said:
Jupiter551 said:
A classic of the genre, Nightwish's Wishmaster:

Never heard that one before but really seem to be not a case of misunderstood/misinterpreted lyrics as uninteligible lyrics.

Lol well she's a Finnish opera singer singing at a fast pace!
Jessi said:
Why did I like this when I was 14 :shock:
I take it you don't anymore? Nightwish is great :p

Haha. I love Nightwish! ..I liked Tarja better, but whatevs.

That reminds me... I'm still trying to figure out the correct lyrics for Storytime by them. :p

♥ this song, though.

A painter on the shore
imagined all the world
within the snowflake on his palm
unframed by poetry
a canvas of awe
Planet earth
falling back into the stars :D

(I think those are the real lyrics. maybe. lol.)

Need some help here because I still don't know what the correct lyrics are. Creedence Clearwater Revival's " Out my Front Door".

Is it "tambourines and elephants, playin' in the band"
or "memories and elephants, playin' in the band"
or neither tambourines nor memories

At this point, I'm not ever sure it's "elephants"..

Pink Floyd - Time
"it's good to warm my balls beside the fire"

Real lyrics:
"it's good to warm my bones beside the fire"

:woops:

RogueWarrior said:
Need some help here because I still don't know what the correct lyrics are. Creedence Clearwater Revival's " Out my Front Door".

Is it "tambourines and elephants, playin' in the band"
or "memories and elephants, playin' in the band"
or neither tambourines nor memories

At this point, I'm not ever sure it's "elephants"..
First of all it's "Lookin' Out My Back Door" and yes I believe it is "tambourines and elephants are playin' in the band". The song is what he imagines seeing from his back porch while taking a rest after getting home from Illinois. >_>

While there are plenty of songs whose lyrics I probably mess up, none of them come to mind right now. One of the funniest ones to me (even though I don't care for the song) has to be the following:

Breathe with me.

Breathe the pressure,
Come play my game I'll test ya.
Psychosomatic addict, insane.
Breathe the pressure,
Come play my game I"ll test ya.
Psychosomatic addict, insane.

Come play my game.
Inhale, inhale, you're the victim.
Come play my game.
Bake sale, Bake sale, bake sale!

...I was super confused. These were obviously some hardcore bakers. Super serious about their muffins. I had images of them at a bake sale, wearing aprons surrounded by little old ladies. Even just by smelling their superior baked goods, the little old ladies knew they had lost this bake sale to a scary green haired hooligan and his gang.
I can't be the only one to hear bake sale right?

Not one of Em's warm and fuzzy feel good raps, but i think misinterpreted by most as having some sort of misogynistic slant, when it is obviously his apogee for sending mixed messages in the past, while he does his best to convince his female companion that he is through acting diffidently than how he really felt half the time and that from now on he is going to be straight up, no acting.

Simultaneously He is addressing all the Stan's of his fan base, and the message is much the same, though it is given as advice to try to do as he is, and be real with your ladies, (to make the song work lyrically it is obvious that he had to sub other terms in place of "ladies", or , "GF", or "significant other", but it is clear what he means.), and not to get all skichy being afraid to deal with your emotion. He's saying, "relax, and express your emotional being honestly, and openly, and everything else will work out." It is clear he wanted to make a positive impact on the less than perfect relationships of some of his flock if at all possible.

For Royce Da, we see an epiphany he has had, that he once was a stupid arrogant young man, that had no control over the different personal relationships that intersected his skewed life and perception of reality. The epiphany steps out from behind the curtain that are the years that hang between that young confused Ryan Daniel Montgomery and the mature confident, self aware rapper that stars back at him. (An indication of his self awareness, can be seen in the choice of identifiers the artist declares where 5'9 follows Royce Da, the perfect expression of the distance his body travels upward from the base of his feet to the top of his head when standing upright.) He lets us share his realization, and then with out being a bragger, makes a statement of pride that he has become the captain of his world, able to compartmentalize, and master manage the relationships of his life, and the woman who pursue them. (If you listen carefully, you can also hear what appears to be his preference of Porsche over Pintos.)

Or, maybe it is a gender specific hate song, IDK, I am still trying to work out the complexities of the message these rappers are trying to send. You know how there are some songs that seem to grab you at certain times in your life, but you don't really know why? Well for me this is not one of those.

RogueWarrior said:
With the recent commercial featuring Elton John's "Rocket Man" and how the lyrics have been misunderstood, I thought it would be interesting to see what lyrics people have misunderstood in the past only to find out later they were way off.

I do realize a lot of people on this forum do not remember when there wasn't a google machine at your fingertips to find out these things, but way back in the days of vinyl, 8-tracks and cassettes, if the lyrics weren't printed in the inserts, you were on your own.

A couple that I have heard from other people:

"Bingo Jed had a light on" for "Big Old Jet Airliner" by the Steve Miller Band

"There's a bathroom on the right" for "There's a bad moon on the rise" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Now for one of my own:

"She had a sankly size" for "She had the sightless eyes" from You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC. Have no idea what I thought "sankly" meant, but it sounded right.

i thought those AC/DC lyrics were "she had the sight and size" because that part of the song was about "American thighs"

I grew up singing the wrong lyrics to many songs! Please remember this was from before the internet and working the lyrics out from the radio!

The Go-Go's - 'Our lips are sealed', I thought was a song about 'Alex the seal!'

The Huey Lewis Song 'Power of Love'
The actual lyric is 'Change a hawk to a little white dove' and I still think it sounds like 'Change your heart to a little white dove'

Cold Chisel's 'Cheap Wine'
Once I smoked a Danneman cigar - I always sang 'Once I smoked a dynamite cigar!'
Cheap wine and a three-day growth - 'She whines like a feeding goat!' (and then when I worked out the lyrics couldn't be that became, 'Cheap wine and an R.D.O.' for quite a while.

Billy Ocean's 'When the going gets tough' I sang 'Go and get stuffed'

Oh, and that classic song from the Beatles - 'Chicken to Ride'

Status
Not open for further replies.