AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model Advocacy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutiepiemaryxx

Cam Model
Oct 19, 2022
Twitter Username
@Cutiepiemaryxx
I find that on the site there is an EXTREME lack of advocacy. I was recently told that a warning was already previously given to Stripchat about a particularly large couples page and nothing was done about it and so another person fell victim to these people.

As models we shouldn’t have to contact support just to have a bot let us know the message as been added to queue and never looked at.

Plus as a model that had gone through her fair share of trauma you need to feel heard and cared for.

We need better advocacy. We should be able to have a point of contact that is actually going to advocate for us in our scariest moments.

Someone that tells you to “stop spreading rumors” or tells you after an unfair ban “it should be for longer” is not the advocacy we need. I am so sad to say I have come across many stripchat models that have fallen pray to the aforementioned page that could’ve been avoided if when it was first brought to light someone advocated for us.

Reactions: BikerBabeBonnie
Solution
Just in case you didn’t know this is the definition of advocate.

ad·vo·cate

noun
noun: advocate; plural noun: advocates
/ˈadvəkət/
  1. a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
    "he was an untiring advocate of economic reform"

2. a person who pleads on someone else's behalf.
    "care managers can become advocates for their clients"

When I say SC should have someone I within the company to advocate for models it means that I would love for someone within the company to do exactly what I’m doing right now, pleads justice in behalf of the models in cases like these. Almost like an HR department.
So, I think the closest thing I am aware of are model liasons or model...
THANK YOU!!! Yes!!! This is extremely helpful!
Yeah for sure.
Thank you! If you remember the name please let me know 🙏 that’s the only step we are missing as we have proceeded with all the other advice!
The model union is called APAG - they have problematic leadership. Do your research before going to them.

There is also cupcakegirls. Also problematic but they may be able to help.

SWOP is a sex worker led non profit that might also be able to assist

There are lots of resources and groups out there that are separate from the companies that advocate for us. There are often local organizations too, i know in New Orleans there was Women With A Vision which had advocacy for sex workers at its core.

Upvote 0
Double posting to say audri is right about pineapple supports advocacy. My therapist I got through them was initially cost covered by them. She is an active sex worker, a licensed therapist and an active sex worker community advocate. She has guided me through many things over the years including navigating housing descrimination due to my job, and a stalker situation that involved the police. So PS does absolutely provide advocacy as part of their support.

Upvote 1
The model union is called APAG - they have problematic leadership. Do your research before going to them.
that's it! they do have contacts for resources but don't ever rely on them to make positive changes to legislation, like with their support of the AB5 in California, or pass off tabloid journalism as investigative journalism.

alana does mean well, but they have made problematic influences on cammodels and the industry that overweighs the good they mean to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there is a cammodel union that was around for awhile. I cannot remember their name for the life of me. If they are still a thing, they might be able.
Thank you! If you remember the name please let me know 🙏 that’s the only step we are missing as we have proceeded with all the other advice!
If it's APAG that Audrey is thinking of, please tread carefully. They've not been a 100% benefit to adult workers, actually have done some disservice to them. I'd actually not recommend getting involved there.

Upvote 0
that's it! they do have contacts for resources but don't ever rely on them to make positive changes to legislation, like with their support of the AB5 in California, or pass off tabloid journalism as investigative journalism.
Ah sorry didn't refresh page before I replied. Yeah so this is what I'm referring to. I don't endorse them.

Upvote 0
Ah sorry didn't refresh page before I replied. Yeah so this is what I'm referring to. I don't endorse them.
i know they do have contacts and connections in the industry. other than that, tread carefully. take them with a grain of salt and don't expect much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.