AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mods (moderators) and knights, what do you gain from what you do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I laugh reactiond at it, because I took it the same way Audri did, and the way TG meant it. I don't want you guys to think I was laughing at you, or being mean, by reacting to it that way.

Apologies @Smoothie that you got that impression from my post. There was no intent on my part to clown any individual or group. Prompted by the quotes early in the thread, my post was meant as a playful affectionate observation on the serendipity that brings some mods and models together.

👍

I understand now. I’m sorry I took it the wrong way. I detected sarcasm, but if there was none, then no harm done.

Reactions: Lou_King_
I modded in the same room for about two years.
It was a room that I spent a lot of time in so I offered to help out if desired.

At first I was really thrilled about the pontential to help improving the room.
Did a lot of research, helped with bots, graphics and more as well as being a regular "presence" in the room.
I like to think that I never overestimated my influence. The model is the star, mods are just there to help out when needed.
But at times it was satisfying to catch a viewers interest and lead them to tip for something or join fanclub.
Not in a malicious money hungry way but to help both the viewer and the model.

Getting in closer contact with the model was undeniably a bonus and we did talk a lot both on and off stream.
This was during the corona days and I spent 2 years in home office so some extra social interaction was greatly appreciated.

It was fun for the most part but time demanding since I stayed for all her 8 hour streams which almost made it into a second job.
I meet some real nice people that actually enjoyed what I did as a mod and I still keep in touch with them.
But after 2 years I had seen just about everything and the time spent really took a toll on my sleep.
So I stepped down. But it was a interesting and educational experience.

I asked my friend in PM if she could have mods (actually, knights) in her room. She just looked confused and eventually replied "Have to ask admins".
I would actually love to be a knight for her, but it is probably a good thing I am not. I absolutely bristle at some of the things guys say to her in chat. I especially hate those who call her "slut" or "whore". I swear cam sites can be a magnet for misogynists. My friend doesn't speak any English, and only addresses those that tip her, so she is mostly oblivious to it, but I would really enjoy kicking them.
I guess I am the black sheep in the crowd, an example of wanting to be a mod for the wrong reasons. I don't feel bad about it though.

I have never seen the role of a knight to be a mentor!
The model must run their room as they see fit. A knight is a helper, not a teacher.

I got a 100% pay rise from my model friend recently...... twice zero is zero :rofl:
I cannot image my days on without the mods .. Of course they know exaclty what i need from them, not tokens but to mute fast the rude coments becouse im getting angry and im losing my good mood, if they kick them fast i dont even have time to read that coment usually . When u are on a site only and not lots people on cam yeah might deal alone but lately we keep 2. 3 sites like few thousand people in the rooms, some mods help is really good for me at least . Wish there been filters from the site to just mute automaticaly rude coments that start with words like whore, ugly , slut, stupid ,etc , unfortunalty not yet :) I also dance far of pc and bothering me to stop my dance tease to go to pc to kick each rude one out and is not one per hour , maybe per minute , to avoid this sometimes i dont alow greys to talk wich i dont agree with, losing oportunity to meet new nice greys that will become tippers...

As long as the model tells a moderator what behaviour they consider unacceptable, and the mod is consistent in applying that, it can be helpful in keeping the chat clean and flowing well.
But many times, I see mods who are clearly too close to (even in love with) the model, either driving users away by being aggresive in defending them, or even muting those they see as rivals for attention.
That's a huge overstep of the boundaries IMO, and a massive turn-off too.

This actually reminds me of a girl 8 did follow she hated seeing rude messages from people, I mean obviously but she would get really emotional if she was too many and yet she wouldn't get a mod to silence those people before she could see them.
I think the messages get everyone down at some point but if someone really cant cope with hurtful messages then perhaps that is the time to get a mod.

With staying on whole time with a model that does more then few hours streaming I wouldnt advise it. U need a life away from cb just as much as the models do.
I do remember a lady that always took her problems out on her mods she felt that it was a second job to them and got angry if they happened not to be around, it was very abusive relationship to the point that I refused to mod for her. She really did a guilt trip on one of them.

I was asked to mod for a girl who I've been a regular tipper/fc member for about 7 months. I'm not her biggest tipper by a very long way, and in the 7 months I've known her, she's has only ever had one other mod that she's known for a much longer time (also not a big tipper), so it felt like I was being invited into a very exclusive 'inner circle' of trustworthy people, which was initially very flattering. When she asked, she seemed really bashful about asking and made it clear she'd understand completely if I don't want to do it. I think most people are happy to help out others, especially people they already like and get along with, it also makes you feel good in return, so I'd say that's the main thing I get out of doing it. And honestly, silencing annoying assholes is quite satisfying, although it is rarely necessary in her room.

Something she told me that I found interesting is that simply having a red name present in the room seems to be enough to deter the most brazen assholes from doing their thing. Not sure how true that is, but I find it believable there are assholes deliberately seeking out un-modded rooms because they think they'll get away with their bullshit for longer.

Something she told me that I found interesting is that simply having a red name present in the room seems to be enough to deter the most brazen assholes from doing their thing. Not sure how true that is, but I find it believable there are assholes deliberately seeking out un-modded rooms because they think they'll get away with their bullshit for longer.
I've definitely seen this, both from being a regular in many rooms, and from being a mod in one in particular.
As mod, I used to leave the room when taking a break, and always on returning, there would be a bunch of rude and demanding comments - and most of them from usernames that I recognise as being there regularly.
The model asked if I would stay signed in to the room when AFK, and the difference on returning was very noticeable - usually hardly anything out of line in the chat, yet the same users were still present.
Then I understood why she asked me to do that.

The users on cb that go from room to room and want to be moderator mainly want free access to ticket shows I think. The standard settings of most ticket show apps allow the moderator to add users including themselves. It's a chance to see shows without paying.

Also a lot of these use it as a way to earn/gain trust and seem good/nice etc and then take advantage and exploit the models, I have seen that too much.

yeah.. nah. don't try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

If you haven't been a (at least moderately) successful model, keep your advice to yourself. I am embarrassed to say that in my very early days I tried to advise a new model who made me a knight, and in hindsight I was an absolute idiot! (albeit genuinely well-intentioned) :shy:

Unless a model asks for my opinion (not my advice -- a subtle difference) I would rarely offer it. And actually I would only offer an observation to my friend for whom I knight and who I have known for some years now. But it is NEVER advice. I offer an opinion / observation, she reads it, takes it on board or ignores as she sees fit, and we move on to discussing or sharing the next example of decadently tasty but bad for you food; how stupidly difficult we each think the other's language is to learn; or some other random shit.

Often it is me sending her photos of my latest home or garden renovation project and her making appreciative noises in response much like a parent does to a favourite but rather untalented child when presented with coloured daubings on a piece of paper :rofl:
Fair points, unwanted advice can be a pain.

Reactions: MarieElise
I've definitely seen this, both from being a regular in many rooms, and from being a mod in one in particular.
As mod, I used to leave the room when taking a break, and always on returning, there would be a bunch of rude and demanding comments - and most of them from usernames that I recognise as being there regularly.
The model asked if I would stay signed in to the room when AFK, and the difference on returning was very noticeable - usually hardly anything out of line in the chat, yet the same users were still present.
Then I understood why she asked me to do that.

I'm going to start doing this, I think. Just PM the model to let her know I'm leaving but leave the browser window open. It's no skin off my nose, and if there's any chance it helps then it's worth trying. This model has a strict no ditry-talk in public chat rule, it's definitely the most common reason for people to be silenced, and her opinion is that this tends to be violated more if there's no moderator present.

Fair points, unwanted advice can be a pain.
its also the worst when it's coming from a member who has a very thin perspective and passing his personal preferences as advice. we call it camsplaining when a member goes out his way to explain how to cam to a cammodel. when you are a new model those type of members are gnats. it also comes across as grooming. lots of members have shared with us how they "help" and it's downright predatory behavior.

i get it may come from a possible innocent want to feel important and helpful, but it can also be very damaging to new models. what models should be doing is gathering their advice from other models. it's beneficial to of course ask for audience opinions to get gauge things but you dudes don't know what you are talking about most of the time.

Well, personally, I am not a mod. I've been asked "to mod" for a model once, though. Perhaps, It was because I would visit quit often a model and there had been lots of ptvs and chit chat here and there. Or It might well have been - as @AudriTwo rightly suggests - that she wanted to make me a mod for other reasons. Anyway, my reply was: "TF is a mod? In any case, I have no time for that. Thank you". I am sure I would be a terrible mod.

I am bewildered by how active the forum is... especially in 2022! Most of the ones I used to participate are pretty much dead right now. Wow :D!

Brett M, would you please explain to me a bit more about the ways in which certain models are exploited by particular mods/knights?

AudritTwo, the idea behind "camsplaining" is very revealing! I see how it can easily be related with mods; that probably is one of the reasons for your negative opinion about the subject. Am I right? 🤔... patriarchy is definitely very present in cam sites, as pretty much everywhere else. (I'm probably opening a can of worms :worried:)
PS: That's a villain from Sailor Moon! Used to watch it... loved Sailor Jupiter .

Thank you all for feeding the thread. I appreciate it very much!

Reactions: MarieElise
AudritTwo, the idea behind "camsplaining" is very revealing! I see how it can easily be related with mods; that probably is one of the reasons for your negative opinion about the subject. Am I right? 🤔... patriarchy is definitely very present in cam sites, as pretty much everywhere else. (I'm probably opening a can of worms :worried:)
PS: That's a villain from Sailor Moon! Used to watch it... loved Sailor Jupiter .
people who sought out to be mods are 100% camsplainers but there are plenty of members who still camsplain and dont mod. we see it all the time. here, social media, obviously cam, and in our inboxes.

but that's not the core of why i dislike them. i think mod's are 100% unnecessary and useless. i worked chaturbate and mfc. there are bots available to handle spammers. mods can sometimes overstep and might also chase away your clientele. intentionally or not. im one who likes full control. i recognize the benefits other models get and the hustle tactics that can come with having them, but i dont have to like mods. also being here and hearing a lot of toxic mod confessionals/experiences really turned me off more.

i work a site that doesnt have them and also requires payment info at signup. while we dont get grey/basic users, there is still a very steady stream of traffic with their affliate/whitelabels. chats still can get super busy, and i can still maintain my chat.

there are mods, and newer models who became convinced they are absolutely necessary. quite honestly im confused why there is even a desire for a training seminar other than a two-paragraph word doc. it's a really niche experience that is limited to sites. the benefits a mod may get from model will vary from different model to model, from jack shit to SNAPCHAT FOREVER. i think it creates unrealistic expectations for other members who may mod or not.

I understand what a mod is, but what is a knight?
It's a Stripchat thing. Models have the ability to turn users into Knights which makes them kind of like mini-mods. I believe they only have the ability to mute other users for 24 hours, but I don't really use Stripchat so someone else might correct me on that.

It's a Stripchat thing. Models have the ability to turn users into Knights which makes them kind of like mini-mods. I believe they only have the ability to mute other users for 24 hours, but I don't really use Stripchat so someone else might correct me on that.
You are right, they can only mute people for 24h.

I have 2 great Knights who mod for me on all the other sites where I work as well, so 4/5 at the same time and I do give them, especially one of them a lot of benefits.
They have all day access to me, get a few pics or a vid every now and then for free or really cheap. I do some free stuff in my streams that I know they like ( and it brings me a few viewers and tippers because I'm not just sitting there), etc.

The one who has been with me since I started camming does so much for me on and off the site I can't think of why I would't talk to him for free and show some appreciation from my side too. I feel like it goes both ways in such cases, he not only helps me in streams and supports me there but spoils me rotten with gifts, treats and has lots of great advice when I ask for his opinions so I am happy to snap a few photos or chat when I can. I know a lot of models will think I'm running a bad business doing so much for free but, that man spends so much time on me I sometimes wonder how he manages to do anything else, so money here doesn't matter. Even if he never tipped me again, I'd still chat to him every day. It's a wonderful friendship :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I've been made a mod, always without asking. May be it a way to show some favor or appreciation I don't know. Never used the 'powers' of a mod. Personally I don't like them. I avoid rooms with mod as they tend to be self important. I generalization I know. There tip her comments have the opposite effect on me, I'll tip because I want to tip. And also I'm not interested in chatting with them, plenty of other social media sites to chat with others.
I've also never used mods because they don't know me and react as I would, I'm quite capable of muting or banning myself.

Reactions: Lou_King_
I am bewildered by how active the forum is... especially in 2022! Most of the ones I used to participate are pretty much dead right now. Wow :D!

Brett M, would you please explain to me a bit more about the ways in which certain models are exploited by particular mods/knights?

Thank you all for feeding the thread. I appreciate it very much!

I won't say much except for one that is obvious, I don't want other guys stumbling upon here and then reading it and getting ideas, but the obvious one I see way too much:

these "nice" mods exploit the kindness and naivety of models and say "I'm a moderator for 20 other models" (red flag instantly, but they see it as a good thing because they don't realise).. but then these guys will DIRECT the model in what to do during her shows. Quite literally "Do this, and now do this and now this and this"... basically getting their OWN free show, telling the model what pose to do, when, for how long, etc.

I won't say much except for one that is obvious, I don't want other guys stumbling upon here and then reading it and getting ideas, but the obvious one I see way too much:

these "nice" mods exploit the kindness and naivety of models and say "I'm a moderator for 20 other models" (red flag instantly, but they see it as a good thing because they don't realise).. but then these guys will DIRECT the model in what to do during her shows. Quite literally "Do this, and now do this and now this and this"... basically getting their OWN free show, telling the model what pose to do, when, for how long, etc.

There is a special place in hell reserved for such individuals who try to pull this crap! :grr:

lol

I just went to a room for a newer (to me) model for the second time. She has 3 mods working the room on a moderately active public chat, none of whom speak Spanish. They are getting on users who come in and are speaking Spanish in the chat, at one point a mod saying “if you guys don’t start speaking English only in the chat I’m going to tell her to stop the show.” LOL, nobody is here for you guys

Keep in mind, the model is Colombian and her profile says English and Spanish. It doesn’t say “English only” in the rules either posted on her profile or the rules the mods periodically post in the room. Many of the users speaking Spanish seem to be native Spanish speakers. Why would they assume to speak English given these circumstances?

Im sure it’s easier for the mods if it’s English only. That said, with 3 mods working the room, one can run down translations from the chat and moderate accordingly. Screams “over-moderation” to me. I went to this woman’s room once before and no mods were there - much different (and better) experience for me but I guess it works for her

Status
Not open for further replies.