AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mods (moderators) and knights, what do you gain from what you do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

I just went to a room for a newer (to me) model for the second time. She has 3 mods working the room on a moderately active public chat, none of whom speak Spanish. They are getting on users who come in and are speaking Spanish in the chat, at one point a mod saying “if you guys don’t start speaking English only in the chat I’m going to tell her to stop the show.” LOL, nobody is here for you guys

Keep in mind, the model is Colombian and her profile says English and Spanish. It doesn’t say “English only” in the rules either posted on her profile or the rules the mods periodically post in the room. Many of the users speaking Spanish seem to be native Spanish speakers. Why would they assume to speak English given these circumstances?

Im sure it’s easier for the mods if it’s English only. That said, with 3 mods working the room, one can run down translations from the chat and moderate accordingly. Screams “over-moderation” to me. I went to this woman’s room once before and no mods were there - much different (and better) experience for me but I guess it works for her

To be fair in there possible defence, I have modded for Spanish or other non-speaking (or bilingual) models, and many do prefer English only, so it could be a rule of hers, despite the profile saying she speaks both languages, she may want only English.
I know with speaking only Spanish, it attracts a lot of greys and the English tippers see all of the chat in a different language and then they leave.

Reactions: Lou_King_
To be fair in there possible defence, I have modded for Spanish or other non-speaking (or bilingual) models, and many do prefer English only, so it could be a rule of hers, despite the profile saying she speaks both languages, she may want only English.
I know with speaking only Spanish, it attracts a lot of greys and the English tippers see all of the chat in a different language and then they leave.
100%. My assumption (for better or worse) is always that the model either has asked for the room to be moderated in the way it is or is aware of and OK with it. After all, she is the boss and it is her brand on the line.

That said:
  • You'd think that if this were the case it would make its way into one of the sets of rules posted in the chat or profile (especially since it is one of the mods who posts the rules in the chat every once in a while)
  • The idea that a mod/knight would STOP A SHOW over Spanish in the chat is laughable. That just screams self-importance to me
  • It is more the aggressiveness of the mods (maybe it was just one in particular) that stood out to me - you can correct people without essentially berating them. One poor guy with a username in Spanish (translated to "motorcycle man" or something) came is and was complimenting the model and then started tipping and he was interrupted by two of the mods pushing him to speak English. He did switch language, but he seemed genuinely confused because it was obvious he had read her profile and rules first. He says "the model speaks Spanish," and the response he got was "but the gentlemen don't." If that refers to the mods, that is not a good answer IMO
  • This was one of 3-4 examples of over-moderation I saw in the roughly 5 minutes I was in the room this morning
I don't know, I just think if that is the way this room is being moderated I probably wouldn't want to hang there much, despite the model being gorgeous and seemingly fun. Night and day (or should I say "Knight and day" since it is SC) from when I went to visit a few days ago with no moderators and the model on her own.

I have seen well-moderated rooms, but there is a point where mods need to understand they are there to support the show and the model, not be the show. Literally no one is coming to see/interact with them

100%. My assumption (for better or worse) is always that the model either has asked for the room to be moderated in the way it is or is aware of and OK with it. After all, she is the boss and it is her brand on the line.

That said:
  • You'd think that if this were the case it would make its way into one of the sets of rules posted in the chat or profile (especially since it is one of the mods who posts the rules in the chat every once in a while)
  • The idea that a mod/knight would STOP A SHOW over Spanish in the chat is laughable. That just screams self-importance to me
  • It is more the aggressiveness of the mods (maybe it was just one in particular) that stood out to me - you can correct people without essentially berating them. One poor guy with a username in Spanish (translated to "motorcycle man" or something) came is and was complimenting the model and then started tipping and he was interrupted by two of the mods pushing him to speak English. He did switch language, but he seemed genuinely confused because it was obvious he had read her profile and rules first. He says "the model speaks Spanish," and the response he got was "but the gentlemen don't." If that refers to the mods, that is not a good answer IMO
  • This was one of 3-4 examples of over-moderation I saw in the roughly 5 minutes I was in the room this morning
I don't know, I just think if that is the way this room is being moderated I probably wouldn't want to hang there much, despite the model being gorgeous and seemingly fun. Night and day (or should I say "Knight and day" since it is SC) from when I went to visit a few days ago with no moderators and the model on her own.

I have seen well-moderated rooms, but there is a point where mods need to understand they are there to support the show and the model, not be the show. Literally no one is coming to see/interact with them

That does seem way overboard, although I get Brett’s point too (and I’ve run into that before many times myself).

There’s a tactful way to correct members if they’re doing something against the (apparently unwritten in this case) rules. But also, the mods need to read the room better. Interrupting a well-behaved tipper over a language “rule” is crazy. Was the model responding to him in Spanish too? That’s all the more reason to stay out of it, IMO. Especially if it’s her first language.

That does seem way overboard, although I get Brett’s point too (and I’ve run into that before many times myself).

There’s a tactful way to correct members if they’re doing something against the (apparently unwritten in this case) rules. But also, the mods need to read the room better. Interrupting a well-behaved tipper over a language “rule” is crazy. Was the model responding to him in Spanish too? That’s all the more reason to stay out of it, IMO. Especially if it’s her first language.
No, the model was away from the keyboard doing a sexy dance or similar and to be honest based on my small sample size it seems like she kind of lets these dudes run the public chat when they are there

I guess my feedback on giving a reason why it would be English only in the chat would be some flavor of "because the model wants it that way," not anything having to do with the mods or other users. And it should be in the room rules if it is a big issue.

the model either has asked for the room to be moderated
After all, she is the boss and it is her brand on the line.
It is my understanding that this is not always the case, particularly with those so-called "studio" models., but I might be wrong. Their mods might be their studio managers, though. I can also tell you for a fact - and this because a model on CB told me - that sometimes you might even have mods tipping (a rare sight, indeed!) in her room, but their tokens are not even theirs. They somehow talk models into sending them tokens, so they can tip her back and get the chat and show going. This in their opinion. They are just hobby-wankers, as I have often found them called in the forum.

It is a way - I have been told they say - to get users engaged, so basically they try to - what's the English verb (poach?) - get other people tipping. The end result is that a model is doing a show for free for everybody with her very tokens, and nobody is tipping and taking her private because others are tipping. Business-wise, not a great move. I would say.

Never tipped or taken into private a model with a mod. Problem solved. Imagine If I could give a fuc*k about a pimp-mod who is not even tipping, and asking others to tip. Unbelievable. Also, a woman who needs a "pimp", is not my kind of woman anyway.

Last edited:
I would occasionally mod for a Colombian model on CB whose English was limited. I frequented her room quite often and she asked could I mod. I primarily dropped in funny gifs encouraging the users to reach goals. Of course I tipped a lot to help reach those goals. I would not ask of others something I am unwilling to do. It was a fun experience. Outside of occasionally silencing overly disrespectful greys, it was a good experience. She did not get a lot of visitors. Usually about 40-60 on average.... and topping out at around 100. So it was easy to manage.

It is my understanding that this is not always the case, particularly with those so-called "studio" models., but I might be wrong. Their mods might be their studio managers, though. I can also tell you for a fact - and this because a model on CB told me - that sometimes you might even have mods tipping (a rare sight, indeed!) in her room, but their tokens are not even theirs. They somehow talk models into sending them tokens, so they can tip her back and get the chat and show going. This in their opinion. They are just hobby-wankers, as I have often found them called in the forum.

It is a way - I have been told they say - to get users engaged, so basically they try to - what's the English verb (poach?) - get other people tipping. The end result is that a model is doing a show for free for everybody with her very tokens, and nobody is tipping and taking her private because others are tipping. Business-wise, not a great move. I would say.

Never tipped or taken into private a model with a mod. Problem solved. Imagine If I could give a fuc*k about a pimp-mod who is not even tipping, and asking others to tip. Unbelievable. Also, a woman who needs a "pimp", is not my kind of woman anyway.
Erm just to say if you ever see me modding in a room, that I tip, I always tip a girl when I visit her, I cant tip hundreds but I always support financially.
Dont know what rooms u visit but most ladies I visit have well tipping mods which is more then I can say for the 100s of other coloured guys who just sit there and watch or make demands.
I mod based on how the girl tells me how to mod. If she wants me to advertise I'll advertise. If she wants me not to but just silent rude customers then I do just that.

Also some of the ladies that have 1000s of viewers can get overwhelmed with the questions/comments. Even with bots. So dont really blame some of the popular broadcasters if they choose to have people to help them.

Ofc there r plenty of assholes mods.

I have been a mod for many. When they learn the ropes I let them do it. I do believe new models need that reassurance and I teach them how to interact then I go away. I tip them to get it started and my only wish is that they succeed. Is a job like any other and is helpful if you can advise but not try to rule the model.

I responded to this subject earlier but I will say again. I mod for many new models. I help them along until they can do it then I leave them alone. I tip them to get others to also. I never ask for anything I only do it because I want them to succeed. I don't try to control them or anything like that. I am 74 years old I can't lol. I only wish a good life for all.

HI. Just shared my personal, user experience which does not hold any universal value apart form being just my personal experience. So, just take it for what it is: just my personal experience and what a model told to me.

I also want to point out that, I believe, there are lots of guys here on forum who "mod" for models in their spare time, and - from what I have read - I am sure they are also great at their modding. What I have said is just just my personal experience and preference. Take it for what it is it.

lol

I just went to a room for a newer (to me) model for the second time. She has 3 mods working the room on a moderately active public chat, none of whom speak Spanish. They are getting on users who come in and are speaking Spanish in the chat, at one point a mod saying “if you guys don’t start speaking English only in the chat I’m going to tell her to stop the show.” LOL, nobody is here for you guys

Keep in mind, the model is Colombian and her profile says English and Spanish. It doesn’t say “English only” in the rules either posted on her profile or the rules the mods periodically post in the room. Many of the users speaking Spanish seem to be native Spanish speakers. Why would they assume to speak English given these circumstances?

Im sure it’s easier for the mods if it’s English only. That said, with 3 mods working the room, one can run down translations from the chat and moderate accordingly. Screams “over-moderation” to me. I went to this woman’s room once before and no mods were there - much different (and better) experience for me but I guess it works for her
If none of the mods can read Spanish they should leave those for the model to handle. If they're that worried about it they could run some of the problematic words in Spanish and use that as a reference.

There are a fair number of models that like using their first language. I'm surprised she hasn't limited them.

Hehe, actually over the years, in my model friend's room, there have been a few users who seem to have formed an attachment to me. (Unfortunately none have been comely maidens wanting to liaise with an old Australian guy!)

One almost always asks if I am in the room when he arrives! ... at least he does greet my friend first!!! :rofl:

• Funny!
lol

I've always assumed that when a model states one or more languages in their bio, those are what they're happy to chat in. Moderation of the chat is a totally separate issue, and often in multi-language rooms the appointment of mods covers those bases.
In this example, I'd think mods who only speak English would stick to moderating comments in English, the model would handle any comments in her native language, and there would be a gentle reminder to anyone who posts in yet another language to keep to those listed by the model.

I am curious, was the model engaging with the Spanish language users in Spanish herself? I must admit that when there are a lot of Spanish messages in my friend's room it sometimes gets a little less interesting for me, But I always think to myself that it must be like a breath of fresh air for her to be able to talk in her own language for a change.

Im sure it’s easier for the mods if it’s English only. That said, with 3 mods working the room, one can run down translations from the chat and moderate accordingly. Screams “over-moderation” to me.
Sounds like those knights are jerks, or there is an unwritten rule of English only.

It is not really that hard to moderate (or in my case "knight") a room with Spanish comments / messages. I do it every day. It really takes very little to translate. I have a shell script (I run Linux) that allows me to highlight text and hit a hotkey combination which causes a pop up window with the translation. I am sure there are Windows programs to do the same. I would use Chrome's built in auto translate, however when I use that, the ability to mute users (or indeed tag them in messages) is disabled.

I went to this woman’s room once before and no mods were there - much different (and better) experience for me but I guess it works for her
I think that one must always assume that a room is being run the way the model wants it.

I reeeeeally hope mods/knights reply my question, instead of others in their behalf. So what do you gain from being one?
I get that it can be something concrete or pretty abstract; just please try to explain it the best you can.

And this is actually for a talk I'm working on for a camming training event. Thanks in advance!
I have room helped for some people on MFC, I get thanked for doing it and I like to think that I and everyone else get a slightly better environment to hang out in. It can be helpful to have someone help out during certain shows when the model cannot use the mouse and keyboard or pay enough attention to successfully enforce the rules, but it is just a slight quality of life thing and not necessary. Anything more than a thank you for something that only takes a few minutes of my time at most over an entire cam session seems excessive.

there is a point where mods need to understand they are there to support the show and the model, not be the show. Literally no one is coming to see/interact with them

Damn right! Also this made me chuckle, thinking about this scene from The Temptations movie. 😂 The "Ain't nobody comin' to see you, Otis!" line that went viral, and became one of the most memorable (and laughed about) lines from that movie. Lol.

From what I've been reading, I would say that my experience with being a mod/knight is different than most. I'm currently a knight for a model on Stripchat who chooses her knights based on their history with her and/or whether she really enjoys the person's company. I've told her many times that she has poor judgement in choosing knights as we often will ignore the expected duties of a knight and would rather spend our time joking around and teasing her. For the most part, we're all really laid back and are very welcoming to anyone so long as they respect her and don't spam or promote others in the chat. Although we often annoy her, she enjoys our company and loves a lively chat with lots of laughter and believes it's good for her business. However, I will admit that occasionally we will take things a little too far and and can turn her mood sour.

Now for things I gain by being a knight is that first, I like to have my profile listed on her page as I will frequently modify it to aid in the jokes that I make. For example, most recently, one of the other knights suggested that she make a poll asking who they were there to see, me or her. Ignoring my warning, she made the poll and I won an overwhelming majority of the votes and she was left speechless. So, I modified my profile to include a screenshot of that poll amongst other things to remind her that I was the main attraction of her show. Although initially annoyed, she found it hilarious and so did many of her other regulars. Obviously, she's the reason why people are in her room but many of her regulars love these type of interactions that we have so I'm happy to oblige. The second reason is simply because by being a knight, other knights can't mute me and it's one additional step for her to mute/ban me temporarily if I do take some of the jokes too far. I went from being muted/banned several times a week to a single temporary ban every other week since becoming a knight so, I think it's helping.

If you believe that I'm a terrible mod/knight, I will 100% agree with you and that she really should unknight me permanently. I love encouraging the non-tippers to ask her stupid questions and have befriended many of her other regulars to get them on my side when we have our arguments. That being said, she chooses to keep me around and always asks me to join her chat so I guess I must be doing something right.

Last edited:
I have always said that if someone wants to be a mod they shouldn't be a mod.

My biggest duty seems to be explaining what users say to her in tip notes. A lot of fetish and general sex idioms do not translate too well.

Most of her visitors are well behaved so there isn't a lot else for me to do. ❤️

This tracks. I checked out the "new" tag on CB for the first time today, and every room I went into had 2-3 grays trying to convince the model to make them mod and trying to "mentor" them. It's so sketchy.

The user list in a “New” model’s room is often a cesspool of the worst types. The “mentor” scammers, the pushy and disrespectful demanders, the price-hagglers. It’s no wonder the turnover rate on new models is (from what models here have said) very high.

I'm purely a LiveJasmin and Streamate user over the years so I've not encountered Knights or Moderators because they are not part of the setup there. I can only speak from my experience on these two platforms and mainly as part of my friendship with a model in Colombia which has been ongoing for some months. I've no power to silence users and I've no desire to be a white knight when someone is being rude because it's her decision how she interacts with that person and she's tough enough and capable enough to kick them or call them out. Generally speaking, if someone comes in to the room and is vile and demanding then I often just make my presence known by slipping out of hidden chat and into the visible chat with a greeting - a quick hello to the new user. I'm always amazed how much of an impact just knowing that another guy is in the room chatting with the model has on someone's behaviour and language. I'm never going to come out and say "don't speak to this beautiful human being like that" but I'm happy to help them work it out for themselves.

It's her business to run her room, not mine. However, if she asked me to step in then I would go in with both feet. The conduct of some of the guys who visit cam models is appalling. Especially when speaking to Colombian models who seem to be fair game for guys who want to treat them like shit. Some of them forget they have mothers and daughters. I get horny and like to go pvt as much as the next guy but it's not hard to be respectful.

Reactions: inertvolcano
Hello everyone. I was able to read not through but enough about this topic.

Although, I have some questions regarding the CB Mod's privileges based on the CB App for Password-Hidden shows.

I hope I did not misundestand it but I have doubts and am hoping to look for answers here.

On CB PW-Hidden show tab, there some settings that make me wonder how far a mod can go or how much he can get:

"Allow moderators to add/delete users (and themselves) to the show?:"

This means that a MOD can join in a PW-H show if another user requested it for an Exclusive show with the model?

"Allow moderators to change the ticket price for you?:"

What does this exactly mean? Are not the model and the user who define in mutual agreement the price for this type of show?

"Automatically give Mods a ticket when they enter the room?:"

If I read correctly, a MOD can enter anytime a PW-H show if this is selected with a "YES"?

And the last one, I care the most as I am myself a Fan Club Member of this particular model"

Automatically give Fan Club Members a ticket when they enter?:

If selected Yes, this means that a FCM has granted access to any PW-H show?

Thank you for those who took the time to read it carefully and can come up with some answers!

Although, I have some questions regarding the CB Mod's privileges based on the CB App for Password-Hidden shows.

I hope I did not misundestand it but I have doubts and am hoping to look for answers here.

On CB PW-Hidden show tab, there some settings that make me wonder how far a mod can go or how much he can get:

This means that a MOD can join in a PW-H show if another user requested it for an Exclusive show with the model?

What does this exactly mean? Are not the model and the user who define in mutual agreement the price for this type of show?

If I read correctly, a MOD can enter anytime a PW-H show if this is selected with a "YES"?

And the last one, I care the most as I am myself a Fan Club Member of this particular model"

Thank you for those who took the time to read it carefully and can come up with some answers!
The automatically for mods and fanclub means that yes they can get into password shows for free. The first two means a mod can add someone without them tipping or change the cost of a ticket.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but ^this wording (in particular) sent up a big red flag.
Being a Moderator should be about supporting and helping the broadcaster, not about trying to get perks and benefits.
Again, maybe I've missed your intent, but.......
Agree with you!

I found that CB app page where you can set up these settings and showed them to my favorite model!

Now, she understands it much better and has a better picture of this! I am his Fan Club Member and the last thing I want for her to be surrounded by bossy mods who is not supporting as he is supposed to

Thats why you use App/Bots with chaturbate & go threw there settings for all these thngs. By default i belive no one gets "FREE" anything shows/tickets etc. The mods/fans etc parts you can give a percentage/discount off for these things & yes you can set it so its FREE for them also, BUT password private they still have to enter the password to view your cam/room, it wont automatically let them in from that i hear. I use the password part often & anyone i have given it to keeps asking me "Whats your password again" lol Mind you maybe if i add there name to the LIST for FREE something it might let them in then. Something now I will have to look into, would make it easier then always having them to enter password to watch me LOL

How much ability for a moderator to change things depends on who the mod is.

When I did couple shows, the "moderator" was the 2nd computer my wife was using, so the moderator had as many privs as the site/app allowed to be given.

what I find weird is all the "pseudo-knights," users who are not actually knights for the model but are running around the public chat telling people to tip and other "knight stiff"

I really don't get the motivation behind it for most. Some I think are "auditioning" and trying to convince the model to make them a knight and some hope that by doing it the model won't notice that they aren't tipping (lol). But for most I just don't get it

Reactions: Ozzie_
Status
Not open for further replies.