AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mold.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyBakes said:
I'll give a try but I think wearing it all day may be slightly impractical. And my face will get all hot and sweaty and gross.

But thank you! I'll probably just go to fleet farm or something on Saturday! I'll let you know when I get one!

But it won't matter because you have a mask on!

really though, the comfortable ones are nothing like that. I used to wear them for 8 hour shifts and got nothing but a red mark like I'd been wearing glasses. They were really easy to fall asleep in

LadyBakes said:
ahaha, thank you so much! I had a feeling after getting the email that it may have been you! Which unsexy motherfucker do I need?

Will sleeping in respirators actually help? My boyfriend is going to think we're all crazy when i tell him this, lol.

WELL, alien Lady here i come.

That is the right filter to clean with, but sleeping in it would not be possible or recommended. The strain of using a respirator can cause heart attacks if you have breathing problems. Properly fitted it should be slightly uncomfortably tight against your face and leave red pressure marks when removed. Most men wear mediums, and women often need a small. That style filter is rated for 8 hours of use. On the crappiest job I ever had I had to use a cartridge that was supposed to be good for 40 hours, but still required me to leave every 30 minutes or so and beat it clean just so I could breath.

Reactions: GingerAnn
Interesting. I really do not know anything about these at all, but it's sounding like wearing one all day and night is not an option, and to do so would mean spending lots of money on filters.

LadyBakes said:
Interesting. I really do not know anything about these at all, but it's sounding like wearing one all day and night is not an option, and to do so would mean spending lots of money on filters.

A good hepa air purifier would be a better value and something you could keep using even at your new home when you move.

I have a hepa air purifier in my bedroom already. It'd be nice to have one for the common area. *shrug*

But I most certainly will buy a respirator mask even if I only wear it on cam. ;)

Shaun__ said:
LadyBakes said:

A good hepa air purifier would be a better value and something you could keep using even at your new home when you move.

LadyBakes said:
I have a hepa air purifier in my bedroom already.

But I most certainly will buy a respirator mask even if I only wear it on cam. ;)

:-D

might be worth checking what your filter does, as most don't seem to be rated to stop mould spores.

This thing does according to this review.

http://hepa-air-purifier.org/195/surrou ... er-review/

Wow, that's a pretty badass air purifier. But holy expensive!

I'm fairly sure the little holmes guy i have doesn't do mold.

Shaun__ said:
LadyBakes said:
ahaha, thank you so much! I had a feeling after getting the email that it may have been you! Which unsexy motherfucker do I need?

Will sleeping in respirators actually help? My boyfriend is going to think we're all crazy when i tell him this, lol.

WELL, alien Lady here i come.

That is the right filter to clean with, but sleeping in it would not be possible or recommended. The strain of using a respirator can cause heart attacks if you have breathing problems. Properly fitted it should be slightly uncomfortably tight against your face and leave red pressure marks when removed. Most men wear mediums, and women often need a small. That style filter is rated for 8 hours of use. On the crappiest job I ever had I had to use a cartridge that was supposed to be good for 40 hours, but still required me to leave every 30 minutes or so and beat it clean just so I could breath.

Some respirators are much better than others. We used to have these shitty (google spell checker corrected "shitty" :-D ) black rubber thing with the 2 side filters, but they were replaced with this lightweight grey thing that had about 5 times the filter area which you could jog in.

Alright, well... Red, just tell me what to buy with the money you sent, lol. I don't know what I am supposed to do now. :p

I'm pretty sure Fleet Farm sells cheap gas masks in the military surplus section. I get the feeling you really want to see a naked chick in one, so I can at least do that.

LadyBakes said:
Alright, well... Red, just tell me what to buy with the money you sent, lol. I don't know what I am supposed to do now. :p

I'm pretty sure Fleet Farm sells cheap gas masks in the military surplus section. I get the feeling you really want to see a naked chick in one, so I can at least do that.

Attachments

• g20_47172-.JPG
    g20_47172-.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 207
  • hello-kitty-gas-mask-girl.jpg
    hello-kitty-gas-mask-girl.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 207
  • gas-mask_620x350.jpg
    gas-mask_620x350.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 207
LadyBakes said:

Not too fussed really doll. You have at least a couple months in a really fucked house, try the respirators and see what is possible. A good one might give you a break of a few hours from the mould when your wearing it - since you are home all day - looking as hott as fuck wearing it is just a bonus :)

The money is just to help you get better quality air doll, its your body, so how you go about it is entirely up to you.

LadyBakes said:
I have it in my apartment, and am pretty sure it's the cause of my health problems. going to move asap, but in the meantime I'm pretty freaked out.

What are your experiences with mold?

ahhhh well! The house I currently live in was built in 1963, so pretty old. When I first moved into this house it seemed as if all of the sudden I was starting to falling apart. I was in and out of the ER with skin infections, eye infections, sick all the time, etc. It was HELL! Sometimes my eyes would itch BADLY for weeks at a time... I obviously started to wonder WTF was causing all of this?! I tried to see if it was new makeup, new cleaners, what?! All that it came down to was this POS house that appeared to be in GREAT condition when I first moved in. After a month of two of living here I started to REALLY check out the house... A couple of the rooms have wood paneling along like 1 or 2 walls...when u look close u can see water damage...The house was poorly built and had an additional room built onto it that I started to notice when it would rain that water would ACTUALLY GO between these two rooms under the tile...I have to pressure wash my house WAY more then normal due to mold growing so quickly. After all of this crap and talking with my doctor she told me it was most likely mold and in the area I live in, it is extremely common... So....MOLD u fucking suck! And needless to say, either my body has adapted, I haven't experienced any kind of sickness or infection in a year now and I'm STILL in the same house. I am moving in a couple months.... and even though I don't have an EXTREME mold problem, nothing u can SEE other than around the side of my house outside... Even the smallest amount of mold can fuck u up =P Sorry for the HUGE ass paragraph....
This also reminded me the other day, on Christmas Eve, I was cleaning one of my patio chairs, using my pressure washer and Mold & Mildew cleaner, that had a little bit of mold on it...I literally, within 2 minutes of cleaning it got a sore throat for the rest of the day...I blame it on the mold.

So I'm pretty sure I am about to purchase a fucking $300 air purifier. >_<
But after lots of research I'm fairly sure this is the best choice and the best way to get the most for my money. I don't want to spend $100 and have zero results, you know. Shit.. i don't know. I'm sick of feeling like crap and i feel like this is going to help a lot. And it'll be useful anywhere I move, especially since i have horrible allergies in the summer.

http://www.amazon.com/Alive-Air-Pur...N1WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325710681&sr=8-1 (I'll probably buy it directly from the company, not through amazon. but there are great reviews there)

Anyways, Red, that's what your donation is going towards. :h:

Reactions: Red7227
Interesting. I did see a page earlier where a doctor had commented somewhere on the consumer report website complaining that they only had reviews of the really popular models and that he uses and recommends the alive air and some other one. Afterwards a few other people posted positive things about it as well.

BUT I will def look into the top ones listed. Thanks! I didn't want to subscribe to the site, so this is super useful. :h:

look at the list below and shop around. all are just re-branded and re-designed cosmetically, if not at all. buy the one with the best price since they are all generic off-brands. should buy it through amazon just to guarantee satisfaction/return/exchange if anything happens. the filters are the same for most and are interchangeable. just double check.

japanese original:

mitsubishi mhi-6800

chinese / re-manufactured clones:

surround air xj-3800 intelli-pro
multi-tech intelli-pro
advanced pure air newport 9000/ap-9000
heaven fresh hf-380-a/xj-3800
naturopure hf-380
alive air hf-380-a
airpod as
maier biohepa hybrid mhi-6800
... and many others.

So I guess all of these, including the one Red posted, are pretty much the same. Based on reviews of all of these I think any would be a good choice. *sigh* The expensive one I originally posted is the prettiest but that's silly reason to spend extra moneys.

Just bought a respirator and a fancy smancy air purifier!

Well worth the money, I'm so effing sick.

Red, i'll send you some pics with it on as soon as i get it!

:think: :think: maybe its just me.. I always question the wisdom when I hear someone talking about breathing problems and air filters and then literally fire up a pipe and then a ciggy in the same breath..... cough cough. hack. :naughty:

I know smoking is bad for me, but when I am only sick when I am at home you know that's not the only thing causing problems.

Our roommate has been sick ever since moving in, practically.

I have no doubt something is wrong here.

Reactions: Nordling
:lol: sorry, but I always get lolz at the often used phrase.. "I know smoking is bad for me, BUT"....

Mork said:
:think: :think: maybe its just me.. I always question the wisdom when I hear someone talking about breathing problems and air filters and then literally fire up a pipe and then a ciggy in the same breath..... cough cough. hack. :naughty:

The symptoms of Mold inhalation are pretty all over the place and effect far more than just breathing, if you had read this whole thread you would have learned that. Sorry, I just really hate when people *cough cough hack* and shake their judgmental finger at smokers for having health concerns NOT related to smoking. I swear if I broke my leg tomorrow some anti smoking nurse would find a way to blame it on cigarettes.

JoleneJolene said:
Mork said:

The symptoms of Mold inhalation are pretty all over the place and effect far more than just breathing, if you had read this whole thread you would have learned that. Sorry, I just really hate when people *cough cough hack* and shake their judgmental finger at smokers for having health concerns NOT related to smoking. I swear if I broke my leg tomorrow some anti smoking nurse would find a way to blame it on cigarettes.

lol.... you're most likely right about the nurse and the leg thing..
As for being judgmental... look in the mirror dearest .... This had nothing to do with the thread but What I saw and heard in her room after I saw a posted pic of her ....

PS to LB .. glad your filter is working out for you. Quite the machine.
:hello2:

Mork said:
JoleneJolene said:
Mork said:

As for being judgmental... look in the mirror dearest .... This had nothing to do with the thread but What I saw and heard in her room after I saw a posted pic of her ....

Sorry, didn't mean to jump all over you. Your post just seemed kind of rude and I'm protective of my little ladybakes.
Shake hands?

I have to agree with JJ and LB on this one. Making a post questioning a person's wisdom just because they smoke is a pretty ignorant and rude thing to do. Everybody knows smoking is bad for your health, it's also harder to quit than most hard core drugs. If anybody should be apologizing it's not them. If it had to do with more than just a judgmental sniping, that should have been explained.

Bocefish said:
I have to agree with JJ and LB on this one. Making a post questioning a person's wisdom just because they smoke is a pretty ignorant and rude thing to do. Everybody knows smoking is bad for your health, it's also harder to quit than most hard core drugs. If anybody should be apologizing it's not them. If it had to do with more than just a judgmental sniping, that should have been explained.
Sometimes I want to hug you Boce...

JoleneJolene said:
I swear if I broke my leg tomorrow some anti smoking nurse would find a way to blame it on cigarettes.

Already hard at work on it. How did you know?

Reactions: JoleneBrody
JoleneJolene said:
Mork said:
JoleneJolene said:
Mork said:

Sorry, didn't mean to jump all over you. Your post just seemed kind of rude and I'm protective of my little ladybakes.
Shake hands?

Np JJ.. I'd support and/or protect her too were she actually attacked and in need.
Perhaps my phraseology and choice for the word "wisdom" wasnt the most accurate.
A comment on the "Irony" of the situation would have been more succinct perhaps.
Whats done is done.....

dear Lady, I hope you didnt take anything as a personal affront. It wasn't intended that way.
I was just checkin out your shiney new machine.

As for Boce... don't really need your :twocents-02cents: in this instance..
When you have lost 3 family members to lung cancer and severe emphazema,
perhaps then you can attempt to educate others on the associated problems of smoking.
If I ever say anything related to the addiction of smoking and it creates even a half second of
thought about it, then I will continue to talk.
Just like you will [and do] carry on endlessly about things you feel strongly about,
and as smokers will always come to the defense of other smokers,
herb "consumers" to the defense of that, etc etc etc.....

No hard feelings, Mork. Sorry to hear about your family members. My grandmother has all sorts of breathing problems and I am sadly quite aware of the devastation smoking can cause. I want to quit and have tried many times, it's just not that easy.

I also just wanna throw out there that I smoke a lot more on cam, since it's a nervous habit, than I do off-cam.

JJ, I love you. Thanks for looking out for me! :h:

I'm loving the air purifier so far. It automatically detects when the air is especially nasty (like when we're smoking) and kicks into high gear. It hasn't been long enough to tell if it's helping with the whole mold thing, but it's definitely taken out any traces of smokiness and made the place pretty much scent-free. Usually when we come home we can smell either smoke, trash, something we cooked recently, or a mustiness from the mold. But now we come home and smell nothing! :D

Mork said:
As for Boce... don't really need your :twocents-02cents: in this instance..
When you have lost 3 family members to lung cancer and severe emphazema,
perhaps then you can attempt to educate others on the associated problems of smoking.

Once again, another rude and ignorant statement. I'm sorry for your loss but you don't know squat about what family members or friends I've lost due to smoking... just as I didn't previously know your family history. Regardless, that had nothing to do with what I said. And for the record it's spelled Emphysema.

Reactions: Marokite
Status
Not open for further replies.