AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Most important part of camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2017
I'm a new model and wanted to ask what you feel the single most important thing you can do to make money?
My husband says its consistency. I really need to make 500 a week and I'm trying to see what I can do to help reach that goal. Is 500 a week a unrealistic goal? TiA

I wouldn’t say that one thing is more important than others. You can be a super hot chick, consistently on the same hours every day, but if you don’t have any personality, then it’s still possible you won’t make much. Another semi-attractive girl might be on for only a few hours a week, but have an amazing personality & she makes a ton of money. And another girl can be hot, consistent schedule, personality, but doesn’t have the content for shows that users are looking for, and so she makes hardly anything.
Most girls have to experiment with their hours, content, tip menu, etc. for a while before they will get into a place where they will see any type of consistency for how much they make.
Will consistency help? ABSOLUTELY. Will it be the ultimate deciding factor in how much you make...nope.
Making $500 a week is not unrealistic. You’ll just need to experiment to see what is going to work for you, and that could take weeks to months to see if you figured it out & if the $$ will stay regular.
We just came out of the summer slump, but holidays are approaching now. Which means users might not be as loose with their wallets. If you don’t have any other job, then you can play around with your schedule a bit to see what days/times you draw a good tipping crowd.
I’ve had the same consistent schedule since I started 9 months ago(on CB). I can do a show one night & make 500 tokens, but the next week do the same show(same day and time) and make 6,500 tokens.
You just never really know.

What she said! ^

But to answer your question really directly :

what you feel the single most important thing you can do to make money?

I would say the single thing that would apply to ALL camgirls is : persevere!

I think it might be the hardest for some, because camming seems to rarely be an instant success! I've only been at it for a couple of months, doing it part time only and it's starting to pick up for me. But I'm far from doing 500$ a week, I just made my goal of 500$ a month for September!

In any case, registering on this forum was a good thing for sure, the community support is really helpful, when things are going well and not so well!

• Helpful!
Reactions: JoeSpod
boundaries.

As far as tech goes;
Good internet
Good lighting
And a computer that can handle the load of streaming.

As far as your job goes;
Consistency is good, but at the beginning you're gonna have to find your best traffic times. Try a few different shifts a day for the first few months and see where you get the most traffic.
Being interactive with your room is huge! The more fun it looks like you're having, the more fun your room will have and you'll draw in more members.
Also; finding your niche! What you specialize in will draw your crowd! Try a few different things and see what you like and what gives you a good response.

500$ a week isn't unrealistic, but it could be really hard at the beginning. If you're willing to put in the hours and the work you have a good shot of making it.
If you don't make it every week, don't get discouraged. The longer you do this, and the more regulars you build up; the better your chance of hitting and surpassing your goals.

• Helpful!
Reactions: oowapp
Confidence

When we first started doing couple shows, I had very low self confidence and it reflected on camera. I was consistently checking my angles, my hair, my makeup, my clothes etc so much so that I couldn’t focus on developing conversations with fans, I only looked at my reflection on the screen to figure out how to make myself look better.

Recently I’ve had to step up and start doing solo shows. With every single one I am gaining more and more confidence in my lighting, my outfits and looks, my abilities,
what draws fans to my room, how to speak to them, how they should be allowed to speak to me, what I am capable of, and how to run a successful show... every night. I’m not the prettiest girl on there, I’m not the smartest, I’m not the nerdiest, but I go in every single show with a smile knowing someone out there is jacking off to me.

lol the post started successful and ended with jacking off, but you get the message. Allow yourself to develop. If you aren’t willing to adapt and grow, and gain confidence with the website and yourself then you’ll remain stagnant.

Agree with all above posts but also want to add, don’t overwhelm yourself while you’re still learning. It’s easy to get flustered learning something new, so take it step by step and try not to burn yourself out.

Consistency is key, but I find having a personality is a big one too. maybe this is just me, but nothing annoys me more when someone just tries to sit and look hot and think thats the only thing they have to do. It might work at first, but pretty soon it will get old. Personally i like to be really personable with my members and make sure that the most people are having the most fun possible. not everyone will like what you're doing on cam, but its pretty much majority rules.

Reactions: Ccallen28
Working long shifts has been the #1 most helpful thing for me while I'm starting out, as the longer I'm on, the more viewers I have! If I'm only on for 3 or 4 hours, I don't do very well. But when I work 6 or 7 hour shifts I make most of my tokens in the last 2 or 3 hours.

Reactions: EmiliaSong
I've been camming for roughly 5ish months now. I've gotten as high as #413 so far, and hopefully higher this month, so i hope i can help. for me, one thing that really stuck with me is the longer i'm on, the more money there could be made. if someone else is making the money that i want, then i find out ways that i can make that money mine. consistency, long hours, staying super fucking focused on your members. making content (i like it, but it's not everyones cup of tea, but i started making more money when i started making content). and just making sure that you're camming with your best self. i hate logging on when i'm in a shitty or "off" mood because it rarely makes me as much money as being fun does. & it's less fun for viewers. like legit no one wants to cam for 13 hours in a shitty mood. just drink some redbull and pretend you've almost made $1000 that night. it'll help you be in a better mood. also! practice your sexy selling voice. like you know how youtubers always have their little lines where they try to make you subscribe or click links or buy their shit, just work on selling. because ultimately, you're selling a great experience. you're selling these guys a good time, because a good time + a boner, is a great time. hope this helps & i hope it wasn't too much!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vanessa27 and Kirby
I've been camming for roughly 5ish months now. I've gotten as high as #413 so far, and hopefully higher this month, so i hope i can help. for me, one thing that really stuck with me is the longer i'm on, the more money there could be made. if someone else is making the money that i want, then i find out ways that i can make that money mine. consistency, long hours, staying super fucking focused on your members. making content (i like it, but it's not everyones cup of tea, but i started making more money when i started making content). and just making sure that you're camming with your best self. i hate logging on when i'm in a shitty or "off" mood because it rarely makes me as much money as being fun does. & it's less fun for viewers. like legit no one wants to cam for 13 hours in a shitty mood. just drink some redbull and pretend you've almost made $1000 that night. it'll help you be in a better mood. also! practice your sexy selling voice. like you know how youtubers always have their little lines where they try to make you subscribe or click links or buy their shit, just work on selling. because ultimately, you're selling a great experience. you're selling these guys a good time, because a good time + a boner, is a great time. hope this helps & i hope it wasn't too much!
Not to much at all , Thank you! By content are you referring to videos and pictures?? We are planning on doing that. I appreciate all the info so much :))

Thanks everyone. You all are so sweet and helpful I appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out :). We have all the technical down my husband frys to get the best cameras and lighting etc. We are committed. I had a baby this past may and before that I came for a couple of months and did okay. Now I want to cam but I'm not feeling great about my body so I'm trying to wait until January when I get a mommy makeover and get some nice tits again. I feel like my confidence would help tremendously!

Status
Not open for further replies.