AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Most popular room on MFC right now...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the number of guests. Just a script loading a bunch in a room to get the count up. One of the main reasons mfc needs to discount guests as counting toward most popular rooms.

I just want to say, in case anyone wants to get up in arms about this to the girl, that there have been quite a few members botting random models as of late. So this most likely isn't just girls trying to get attention, but members maliciously trying to fudge their room count. Why this is entertaining? I don't know.

I have been botted twice in the past week, for example. If it happens to you just IGNORE IT and put something in your topic about how you got botted so people don't come through and constantly ask.

This has happened a lot lately but it doesn't really affect the genuinely popular rooms. It's not taking traffic away. Personally, I'd hate to be "botted".

Look at the number of guests. Just a script loading a bunch in a room to get the count up. One of the main reasons mfc needs to discount guests as counting toward most popular rooms.

Or better yet, just drop the most popular room all together. Isn't camscore, Miss MFC, and models you may like sufficient to funnel viewers into the most popular rooms?

Or better yet, just drop the most popular room all together. Isn't camscore, Miss MFC, and models you may like sufficient to funnel viewers into the most popular rooms?

Disagree. If a model without a particularly high cam score is putting on a great show and has a lot of viewers, by all means, rank her high. Camscore is a cruel mistress, gotta give the other girls a fighting chance to build their following. It's hard on MFC.

But yeah, fuck bots. That's a completely different story.

Not for me. If I'm browsing around, "Most Popular Rooms" is more useful than any other list for checking out an unknown model.

(I realize it looks like a chicken-and-egg problem for new models, but I don't think "lazy" members like me are that unusual -- we let other members do the work of finding models.)

No way, MFC is doing their best to create multiple ways for girls to be noticed other than simply camscore. Getting rid of that isn't the solution.

Reactions: Picnic
This is the plague that is bots.

Word of it got to my room while I was on cam too. Distracting uselessness.
By the way, in case it wasn't actually bots and she was doing something highly entertaining, good on her. But her profile is hidden to me, she must block WA so I wouldn't have been able to see what was happening even if I tried.

Not for me. If I'm browsing around, "Most Popular Rooms" is more useful than any other list for checking out an unknown model.

(I realize it looks like a chicken-and-egg problem for new models, but I don't think "lazy" members like me are that unusual -- we let other members do the work of finding models.)

Don't get me wrong, if I'm looking to find a room where a girl is doing a cumshow for a quick fap than the most popular rooms is a great feature for members. It's especially great for freeloaders who don't want to waste their time waiting for a countdown to get off. It is actually not as bad for new models who at least have a new model tag. as for the 99% of models who aren't in the top 250.

If one of the ideas behind camming is that there is a model for every member tastes and almost every model has a potential audience, then the most popular room does nothing to help that discovery process.. There are times when less popular model get 500 or 1,000 people when they are doing a cumshow, and I'm sure at times it is a way that models find new tipping members. Generally though when a girl's room spikes during cumshow she may get 4 or 5 new tippers, but 99% of the new viewers aren't tipping. That is the positive side of the most popular room. The negative side of the most popular room is that the vast majority of the time that puts me a top models room, sure because I'm lazy, but also because MFC doesn't actually provide tools to find non-top models.

I think the bots actually proves my point. My experience with going into the rooms with lots of bots was to find roughly 2300 guest/bots and 200-300 premiums and basics, not the 16 Ozzie found. In all three cases, the models weren't doing anything special. Without the bots, I suspect the models would be lucky to have a dozen people in their room, so getting a couple hundred added viewers is a big deal for these models. So the rooms were popular not because of the quality of the performance but solely because they were popular.

Raise your hands if you've been personally victimized bots!

*raises hand*

:grr::grr:

• Funny!
Reactions: Picnic and Gen
Im confused about this whole bot thing. Forgive my lack of knowledge im still new. Who puts the bots in the room? The model? Or the member? I get why a model would but if its the member that does it why does he do it? How does this whole "bot" thing even happen? Is it like a software or something? (No im not asking because id wanna do it im asking because im nosy and curious) ...again sorry if any of those questions are dumb and make you wanna bang your head into the wall a couple times. Still figuring things out.

Im confused about this whole bot thing. Forgive my lack of knowledge im still new. Who puts the bots in the room? The model? Or the member? I get why a model would but if its the member that does it why does he do it? How does this whole "bot" thing even happen? Is it like a software or something? (No im not asking because id wanna do it im asking because im nosy and curious) ...again sorry if any of those questions are dumb and make you wanna bang your head into the wall a couple times. Still figuring things out.
Generally its going to be bored trolls that want to get under your skin. In my case I had nothing to do with the bots, I had trolls that played around and added 4,000 to my room count. I would imagine some women would use that to gain more traffic.

• Helpful!
Reactions: CamilaCherryMFC
Generally its going to be bored trolls that want to get under your skin. In my case I had nothing to do with the bots, I had trolls that played around and added 4,000 to my room count. I would imagine some women would use that to gain more traffic.

Wow smh. Thanks for the tip!

Excluding guests (even guest and basics) from the popularity count would be ideal, searching by room count would mean something then. I suspect MFC wont change that though due to how how much instability it would cause in that list.

Reactions: ramblin
people bot random room's to show that there service work and so if any one buys there service, MFC are not going to just ban them, because they can pull the "ohhh i did not buy it, im just getting randomely botted" card...

Reactions: RubyDimples
Maybe it's just me...but I was pretty sure that was Egypt Beauty in disguise. Same chair. Same face. Same voice. Same attitude. Same phrases. Same color hair just worn differently...and there are quite often bots in Egypts room.

Maybe the joke is on me and everyone realizes this and is just joking around by not mentioning it?

I happened to be looking at most popular rooms when I saw that going on in your room a week or two ago. You handled it with class.

I happened to be looking at most popular rooms when I saw that going on in your room a week or two ago. You handled it with class.

That makes me so happy to hear that!

I tried to keep things chill. Like no huge reactions of any kind...that emotional rise trolls look for. Didn't want to give them satisfaction.

• Hugs
Reactions: MsAllyCat

Interesting, up until recently I saw bots mostly in studio models rooms, I assumed that studio were using them to boost the room counts for their models. I guess it has changed.

Interesting, up until recently I saw bots mostly in studio models rooms, I assumed that studio were using them to boost the room counts for their models. I guess it has changed.
I'm in no way involved with the bot scam....its just obnoxious and I wouldn't even have the server for it.

I'm in no way involved with the bot scam....its just obnoxious and I wouldn't even have the server for it.

I agree, and just to be clear I wasn't suggesting you were. I understand using them to boost room count. I just find it a strange thing to troll people with. I guess it would be pretty upsetting to see thousand of guests and probably the nasty comments that go with it. Sorry you were a victim. As others have suggested eliminating guest in the room count would go a long way to eliminating the appeal of bots.

My favorite comment from members is as follows

"Oh my god look at all those guests!"

"way to scam fatty"

"why is this room popular?" x10000000000000000000000000000000

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Oh. My. Goodness. So happy to be done with MFC.

I feel so bad for the models that have to go through that... how awful. Just one more thing MFC cam models may have to deal with :/

Status
Not open for further replies.