AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Most Popular Rooms - How's that working out?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
The MPR list has been available for a little while now. What kind of an effect is it having? It's helpful for members, but I wonder if it's narrowing the focus to models who are either already very popular, like Miss MFC, or models who are giving away more than most other models.

I don't think it is a good idea for MFC to put too much emphasis on a few models. The way I see it is that if a few models get all the attention, then there is less incentive for an individual member to tip, because, in a busy room, there's always someone tipping now and then. When there are a thousand people in each of two or three rooms, then those members are not visiting and chatting with other models, where their tipping, at whatever level, or lack of tipping is more noticeable.

That is one of the great mysteries about MFC.
Why do they certain things like the MPR?
At least that can lead to more competition between the models and that may be good for the business.
Another feature i cannot see the real purpose is the lounge or member rooms. They look like an open invitation to freeload.
On the other hand you need a communication between members so that spectacular events are promoted to all online members and therefore lead to a good memory for the member so they come back to mfc and wont run to other camsites.
If you are in for a very fast jerk off MPR may be one of the best ways to get it.

I was initially skeptical about this feature as well but my attitude has been adjusted since. MPR, for me at least, helps offset the effect of not having a five digit camscore when it comes to generating room numbers - and for me the practical application of room numbers is to build momentum among premiums to join in group.

Yes, MPR is also the All Penetration All The Time Channel and a very useful tool for useless tools to utilize when they're too lazy to click "next model" in search of a public show but for my purposes it helps generate the larger crowds that are ideal when you're heading off to group. It has in some ways released me from the shackles of camscore because MPR helps make page placement less relevant when it comes to generating new traffic. It certainly hasn't revolutionized my world but I've seen no negative effects from it.

Sevrin said:
The MPR list has been available for a little while now. What kind of an effect is it having? It's helpful for members, but I wonder if it's narrowing the focus to models who are either already very popular, like Miss MFC, or models who are giving away more than most other models.

I don't think it is a good idea for MFC to put too much emphasis on a few models. The way I see it is that if a few models get all the attention, then there is less incentive for an individual member to tip, because, in a busy room, there's always someone tipping now and then. When there are a thousand people in each of two or three rooms, then those members are not visiting and chatting with other models, where their tipping, at whatever level, or lack of tipping is more noticeable.

Traditio said:
That is one of the great mysteries about MFC.
Why do they certain things like the MPR?
At least that can lead to more competition between the models and that may be good for the business.
Another feature i cannot see the real purpose is the lounge or member rooms. They look like an open invitation to freeload.
On the other hand you need a communication between members so that spectacular events are promoted to all online members and therefore lead to a good memory for the member so they come back to mfc and wont run to other camsites.
If you are in for a very fast jerk off MPR may be one of the best ways to get it.

Nope, I've still never used it. Personally, I prefer to avoid the herd (or flock...) mentality and go for what I like rather than be channelled by what others may think I want to see. I am a man... not a sheep. Maybe I am also still one of the few members who NEVER goes by camscore either. I always arrange the page in alphabetical order and traverse it that way... some times top down, some times bottom up, so I get to see a wide range of rooms, rather than just starting at the high score end and going down... or up. As was said, a clutch of rooms will hoover up two or three thousand members and can leave many rooms totally deserted... for example I chatted with a Romanian girl Saturday night... she pm'd me and it turned out that I was the only person who came by in over 2 hours! Surely that is not right.

I believe that to actually highlight MPR with a list just serves to perpetuate the problem as it doesn't really help per se, it just makes members lazy, as too many of them will drift to those popular rooms, with the expectation of free shows because of the numbers and the majority of models will lose out.

So, is it good competition between models? Not a chance. It skews the emphasis towards the high earners straight away... so how can that be a good thing? It would be diverting business away from those rooms at the quiet end of the page, thus forcing those girls there to work harder for the same level of tips, from a reduced number of members and pouring it into the pots of the girls at the top instead. Wow... bad plan or what! It will be okay for those models with very busy rooms... and yes, I am saying that you do deserve to have those busy rooms girls... but for those models just starting out or already struggling its gonna make it very hard for them to compete. This is MFC tilting the table...

On that subject of the lounge freeloaders, well I sometimes enjoy the activity of drive-by tipping... finding a quiet room, where a girl looks bored or nothing much is happening and tipping from the comfort of the lounge... even just to see the surprised look on the models face when a tip arrives from someone not in her room. Priceless!

Overall though, as far as the MPR list is concerned I'm a thumbs down I am afraid.

Nil point!

-fin-​

well I sometimes enjoy the activity of drive-by tipping... finding a quiet room, where a girl looks bored or nothing much is happening and tipping from the comfort of the lounge... even just to see the surprised look on the models face when a tip arrives from someone not in her room. Priceless!

This ^^^ is beautiful, very sweet. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lydia_Deetz said:
well I sometimes enjoy the activity of drive-by tipping... finding a quiet room, where a girl looks bored or nothing much is happening and tipping from the comfort of the lounge... even just to see the surprised look on the models face when a tip arrives from someone not in her room. Priceless!

This ^^^ is beautiful, very sweet. :clap: :clap: :clap:

That is super sweet!

I havent had anything change for me since they added this feature

Reactions: WickedTouch
I click through the list to see how busy MFC is. It's a fun way to get a little snapshot of what's happening on the camfront, and if a room with 40 people in it makes the the most popular, I know not to expect a major crowd.

As a model with a stupid low cam score, I like MPR. I can get a lot higher in that list than on the homepage when sorted by cam score.

WickedTouch said:
Nope, I've still never used it. Personally, I prefer to avoid the herd (or flock...) mentality and go for what I like rather than be channelled by what others may think I want to see. I am a man... not a sheep. Maybe I am also still one of the few members who NEVER goes by camscore either. I always arrange the page in alphabetical order and traverse it that way... some times top down, some times bottom up, so I get to see a wide range of rooms, rather than just starting at the high score end and going down... or up. As was said, a clutch of rooms will hoover up two or three thousand members and can leave many rooms totally deserted... for example I chatted with a Romanian girl Saturday night... she pm'd me and it turned out that I was the only person who came by in over 2 hours! Surely that is not right.

I believe that to actually highlight MPR with a list just serves to perpetuate the problem as it doesn't really help per se, it just makes members lazy, as too many of them will drift to those popular rooms, with the expectation of free shows because of the numbers and the majority of models will lose out.

So, is it good competition between models? Not a chance. It skews the emphasis towards the high earners straight away... so how can that be a good thing? It would be diverting business away from those rooms at the quiet end of the page, thus forcing those girls there to work harder for the same level of tips, from a reduced number of members and pouring it into the pots of the girls at the top instead. Wow... bad plan or what! It will be okay for those models with very busy rooms... and yes, I am saying that you do deserve to have those busy rooms girls... but for those models just starting out or already struggling its gonna make it very hard for them to compete. This is MFC tilting the table...

On that subject of the lounge freeloaders, well I sometimes enjoy the activity of drive-by tipping... finding a quiet room, where a girl looks bored or nothing much is happening and tipping from the comfort of the lounge... even just to see the surprised look on the models face when a tip arrives from someone not in her room. Priceless!

Overall though, as far as the MPR list is concerned I'm a thumbs down I am afraid.

Nil point!

-fin-​

Yep, I pretty much agree with Wicked here. Never used it myself. Looks, personality, and activity (sorry...I'm shallow) are the drivers on whether I visit a room or not. Just because a room has ump-teen thousand viewers doesn't mean I'll find what I'm looking for there. It'd be interesting to see the breakdown of prems/basics/guests in the MPR stats. Still wouldn't change my mind, but it would be interesting, nonetheless.

As far as "drive-by tips", is it me, or has something changed lately? I was under the impression that they came in as "anon". I've seen in the last couple of weeks that 2 of mine came up as "anon" to the model, but had my name in the room.

schlmoe said:
As far as "drive-by tips", is it me, or has something changed lately? I was under the impression that they came in as "anon". I've seen in the last couple of weeks that 2 of mine came up as "anon" to the model, but had my name in the room.

Last one I did was about 4 weeks back... the model must have seen who it was from as I got a PM from her within a few mins saying thanks and about an hour later she sent me a nice MFC mail to say thanks again. However, I thought they only came in as "Anon" if you selected that feature in the tip window when selecting the amount?

I think it's a quick list of where the free shows are personally. The biggest benefit is to basics and guests (and they also equal the biggest percentage of numbers).

I like the pop rooms link.

I like it too for the same reasons LL gave about the shackles of camscores and room numbers :)

I think it might have it's advantages and disadvantages.

For models with a low camscore (broken) it's a great way to get some new people in your room. But the majority of the members getting in your room through MPR are freeloaders that just want to get some sexual statisfaction.

I, myself, am not a big fan of this feature. It brings too much freeloaders in to the room, who most likely will never become a premium, because MFC is making it so easy for them to find girls doing shows. The same applies to cam preview display type.

Maybe the admins should consider these features to be available for premium members only. Less freeloaders without losing the chance to get some new regulars in your room.

Reactions: EllaXoXo
I agree that MFC shouldn't give all the attention to just a few models. I think that a lot of models feel shitty because they're not in the top 100 or they only have a certain number of guys in their room, etc. I think it's great that the top performing models are rewarded but is it because they are awesome or is it because they have a studio tipping them? Or, is it because they are just a mystery and no one really knows why they are so popular? MFC is a mystery to me. lol.

Raven69Skye said:
I agree that MFC shouldn't give all the attention to just a few models. I think that a lot of models feel shitty because they're not in the top 100 or they only have a certain number of guys in their room, etc. I think it's great that the top performing models are rewarded but is it because they are awesome or is it because they have a studio tipping them? Or, is it because they are just a mystery and no one really knows why they are so popular? MFC is a mystery to me. lol.

At least part of it is momentum (which camscore and miss mfc help create), the more popular a model is the more likely your average member/basic/guest is to stop by their room. The more people in a room the more lively it's likely to be, the more tips are going to flow, the more action that will create because tokens are flying around, the action entices new people to enter...and so forth.

To be honest, I had forgotten the MPR list even existed. I certainly don't use it.

Camscores also don't mean diddly to me, and I've always kind of had a thing for underdogs. I sort models alphabetically, not by camscore, and keep several in my Friends list. Looks may draw me in initially (although that's not always how I discover someone new to follow), but it's personality that keeps me hanging around. (And there are some I'd hang around with more often if our clocks would just line up more frequently!)

Amber's one of the few Top 20 models I even give the time of day. And, really, I got to know her via Twitter through other models and member friends before I ever spent any time in her room.

WickedTouch said:
schlmoe said:

Last one I did was about 4 weeks back... the model must have seen who it was from as I got a PM from her within a few mins saying thanks and about an hour later she sent me a nice MFC mail to say thanks again. However, I thought they only came in as "Anon" if you selected that feature in the tip window when selecting the amount?

I do it from the lounge fairly often and I get PM thanks about 70% of the time, so I don't think anything has changed.

Goal said:
To be honest, I had forgotten the MPR list even existed. I certainly don't use it.

Camscores also don't mean diddly to me, and I've always kind of had a thing for underdogs. I sort models alphabetically, not by camscore, and keep several in my Friends list. Looks may draw me in initially (although that's not always how I discover someone new to follow), but it's personality that keeps me hanging around. (And there are some I'd hang around with more often if our clocks would just line up more frequently!)

Amber's one of the few Top 20 models I even give the time of day. And, really, I got to know her via Twitter through other models and member friends before I ever spent any time in her room.

YOUR AVATAR FUCKING ROCKS!

Back on topic, I have nothing to say about this since my room doesn't rank (I don't think anywho), but I had noticed this persons avatar a few times & finally watched the episode it was in the other day. Yeah, random.

>_> Carry on...

Reactions: Goal
I've used it to see which models have been getting the most freeloaders for their public shows. That's about the only reason its there for that I can see. :twocents-02cents:

I am sure the ones who are pokin' in free chat has noticed a dramatic increase in numbers while they are in full thrusts with the Hitachi or dildo, but the real question I guess to those models is if they are also noticing an increase in tips as well to go along with the increase in members? I am going to stab at the wind here and say that the only increase they can see is the number of people in the room and not actual tokens. . After all the guys who are sitting around with dick in hand watching "MPR" tab are waiting for others to foot the bill for the "cum show" so they can come in and "finish off", they are probably not to interested in participating in the countdown in the first place or they would of been in there the whole time. This is my big argument with even offering shows in free chat and why I am so so against them.. but I will not get in to that here because that is not the question at hand.

So to answer, for someone who follows the rules.. it has not worked for me. . I would be curious to see the models who are lower cam score who normally don't get those sorta numbers if it has helped a lot get more people in tipping. From what I can imagine is that once the show is over the free loaders bail . . and I for one would rather have a room of 80 guys then 800 freeloaders any day.

I personally have noticed that since the MPR feature came into play, whilst my room numbers may shoot up if I'm doing a public show of some sort, none of the new people in the room tip, whereas before it existed I used to be able to guarantee that I would get random tips during and at the end of a show both from my regs and from new people. So whilst it might give a bit of publicity in the direction of people who might not have found you otherwise, the majority of them aren't exactly the kind of people I'd be looking to encourage anyway. Large room numbers may be momentarily gratifying but ultimately for me it's about quality over quantity any day of the week.

The only thing I would say is that I may have ended up meeting some people this way who didn't tip initially but who have come back and tipped and joined in the conversation since. I might have to start doing a bit of a straw poll with new guys to find out how they discovered me at the point where they start properly participating in my room, just to see...

Sevrin said:

Very good point - What I have noticed fits well with this theory.

For a nobody, I'm almost always in the MPR listing when online... Usually no higher than 60 or so... I'm not certain being in there has really done much for me. I figure most fellas have found what they're looking for with the MPR by the 15th model down the list. But I'm not opposed to it's existence... it is what it is.

JickyJuly said:
I click through the list to see how busy MFC is. It's a fun way to get a little snapshot of what's happening on the camfront, and if a room with 40 people in it makes the the most popular, I know not to expect a major crowd.
I like it for that reason. It's one thing to know a model is popular. It's another to see a list of models with 2000+ people in their rooms. :eek:

Of course, 1900+ are probably guests and basics, but, meh.

Kittycatpurr said:
The only thing I would say is that I may have ended up meeting some people this way who didn't tip initially but who have come back and tipped and joined in the conversation since. I might have to start doing a bit of a straw poll with new guys to find out how they discovered me at the point where they start properly participating in my room, just to see...

That's a good point, maybe it entices people to click on new rooms that they otherwise wouldn't have seen for whatever reason - and sometimes that is enough to get people hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.