AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mr Chaturbate, your latest site "tweak" broke my browsers...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gringo_pete

Banhammered
Jul 6, 2021
My Firefox worked fine with CB 16 hours ago, as it has for the last few months, but currently NFG. Also broke PaleMoon (an open source browser)

By "broke" I mean a few seconds after loading a page at either chaturbate or the affiliate myclearsky, all the browser's tabs freeze, something no other website has ever done that I can recall.

Tried the usual things (reboot, clear cache, clear cookies), still NFG. Even loading the "are you over 18" entry page causes the lock-up (i.e. nothing to do with any HTML5 and/or Flash video loading), as does loading Google's cached copy of CB.

Curiously, if I bypass the usual main page AND specify full-screen mode it works fine
e.g.
https://chaturbate.com/fullvideo/?b=xxx (where xxx = broadcaster's name)

I assume it's related to this new "Discover Page" feature that was just added. :wacky:

Curiouser and curiouser...

If I load a normal CB page in Firefox, and leave it in its "frozen" state long enough, I see memory usage increasing gradually until FF finally crashes after a few minutes due to memory exhuastion.

In the PaleMoon browser I see a similar weird gradual rise in memory usage until it farts out an error message. This dump might help your $3 p/hr programmers in India in fixing the bug (I assume the :5 in the URL indicates the line number of the fault)

"Warning: Unresponsive script
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.
Script: https://chaturbate.com/:5"

Hopefully your Men In Mumbai will resolve this quickly, I've still got 50t in this account (and 400t in "gronkertip") that I'm keen to blow ;)

Upvote 0
Are you using vanilla versions of both? Could also be your add-ons if you're using script blockers or popups. Firefox isn't exactly the robust browser it once was...

Alternatively if you *are* using vanilla versions, script blockers might fix this.

Upvote 0
Are you using vanilla versions of both? Could also be your add-ons if you're using script blockers or popups. Firefox isn't exactly the
No add-ons with my Firefox. Pretty sure it's something CB did with their code as FF & CB worked fine together for months before the freezing suddenly started. Probably doesn't help that I'm the last person on the planet still using version 56...

I gave up and just run Chrome now for CB, and FF for all other sites.

For the benefit of Google searchers, I'll add that Chaturbate's video streams running inside Chrome would BSOD my system. Turned out my old Nvidia card's drivers didn't like something in CB's stream. The fix for me was to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome's Advanced settings.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.