AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MTV's True Life "I Live Another Life On The Web"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen MTV's True Life "I Live Another Life On The Web"? One girl on there is a cam model named Judy who talks about her life as a cam model and suffering from anxiety. I found it kind of interesting and to be honest, I did not know about this profession until I saw this episode.

It was made in 2008 but you can still watch the full episode on mtv.com

While I don't remember any details, I remember being irked by this chick for some reason. Plus I believe she's what most people would consider an independent cam girl. She doesn't work off a site like MFC or SV, she created her own little blog where people can setup dates to cam with her. I think it'd be interesting to see the differences between an indie cam girl & a site based one.

That was odd. I couldn't understand the deal with the bigger girl. One was a musician in Second Life, the other was a full on cam girl, but the other girl all they said was she talked to guys on the internet and would flash them. Was she doing that without getting paid?!?! Lol. SLUUUUT! As Amber would say, you are only a slut if you don't get paid for it! Hehe.

(Yes yes, I know webcam sex *does* exist without people paying for it)

I just found it amusing that she was doing all this without getting paid, yet breaking down and crying about it. Cuz you are doing it all wrong! Hah.

Frankie said:
While I don't remember any details, I remember being irked by this chick for some reason. Plus I believe she's what most people would consider an independent cam girl. She doesn't work off a site like MFC or SV, she created her own little blog where people can setup dates to cam with her. I think it'd be interesting to see the differences between an indie cam girl & a site based one.
Yeah I would really love to see a little documentary about a camsite camgirl. If I recall (I watched the episode when it was new, years ago) the "cam girl" on the episode seemed to make most of her income off of one guy who paid her rent if she had sexy online dates with him. It's more like having an online sex relationship with one person who shares money with you as if you were their girlfriend.

Certainly different than having 1000's of people watch you and chip in for your paycheck daily.

Yeah the one that was making money seemed to mostly be supported by the one guy, and he'd do things like pay for her rent. But she did have her own independent website that she was trying to get up and going and promote herself.

But yeah it definitely would be nice to see a commercial camgirl nowadays. The closest I have found is there's a documentary on youtube that's decent, but it starts with the original camgirls from waaaay back in the day. I'll see if I can dig it up again.

CurvyDDMarie said:
Was she doing that without getting paid?!?! Lol. SLUUUUT! As Amber would say, you are only a slut if you don't get paid for it! Hehe.

(Yes yes, I know webcam sex *does* exist without people paying for it)

I just found it amusing that she was doing all this without getting paid, yet breaking down and crying about it. Cuz you are doing it all wrong! Hah.

I had the same thought. I usually do now a days lol. Flash on yahoo? For free?...it seems so taboo to me now.

I think some modern documentaries would be interesting. And to be honest don't include a Howard Stern interview because that gives a fake perception on how one can act >_>....just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.