AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Multiple Cam Camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2013
OK so the technically adept and practical will likely shoot this down immediately but anyway. :shame:

May have completely missed it but I've never seen a model use a number of webcams to provide different angles during a broadcast. I've seen picture in picture broadcasts but not live cutting between cameras. Say one front camera, one off to the side, and one at a higher angle. Is there reasonably priced hardware/software that would allow this seamlessly and reliably? Has anyone thought about, explored the idea, tried it out or seen it done? Or is it a somewhat silly idea that would not be worth the hassle or outlay in the first place?

OK so the technically adept and practical will likely shoot this down immediately but anyway. :shame:

May have completely missed it but I've never seen a model use a number of webcams to provide different angles during a broadcast. I've seen picture in picture broadcasts but not live cutting between cameras. Say one front camera, one off to the side, and one at a higher angle. Is there reasonably priced hardware/software that would allow this seamlessly and reliably? Has anyone thought about, explored the idea, tried it out or seen it done? Or is it a somewhat silly idea that would not be worth the hassle or outlay in the first place?
I know the highly controversial MFC model WhoreNickels has done it. It would be easy to do with Xsplit or OBS.

May have completely missed it but I've never seen a model use a number of webcams to provide different angles during a broadcast. I've seen picture in picture broadcasts but not live cutting between cameras. Say one front camera, one off to the side, and one at a higher angle.

I’m pretty sure CammiCams (Streamate and MFC model) does this? Two different webcams and two different computers, I believe.

As soon as my federal tax refund arrives in a couple days, I’m buying a second laptop (and a second webcam) so that I can try broadcasting on Chaturbate and MFC at the same time this way...without “splitcamming.” I really hate the whole ‘having to click back and forth between tabs to see when people in Chatroom A are talking to me, then to see when people in Chatroom B are talking to me’ method.

This 12 AM - 3 AM camming during the week ain’t gonna work for me anymore (I can only cam those hours on Friday and Saturday nights now), since I have to be up at 7:45-ish AM during the week, and I need to be able to get sleep. So I’d really like to make the most of my weekday daytime availability for webcam.

I know the highly controversial MFC model WhoreNickels has done it. It would be easy to do with Xsplit or OBS.

I thought I would have seen more models try it out. I assumed there was some technical hurdle in getting the broadcasting software or computer to recognise numerous webcams.

I’m pretty sure CammiCams (Streamate and MFC model) does this? Two different webcams and two different computers, I believe.

As soon as my federal tax refund arrives in a couple days, I’m buying a second laptop (and a second webcam) so that I can try broadcasting on Chaturbate and MFC at the same time this way...without “splitcamming.” I really hate the whole ‘having to click back and forth between tabs to see when people in Chatroom A are talking to me, then to see when people in Chatroom B are talking to me’ method.

I was thinking of just streaming on one site and using the cameras to provide different angles as the show progressed. Will you be just streaming to two different sites or providing angle changes through camera switching within your broadcast?

I was thinking of just streaming on one site and using the cameras to provide different angles as the show progressed. Will you be just streaming to two different sites or providing angle changes through camera switching within your broadcast?

Yes, two sites. And I'd like to try to have the webcams positioned so that when I do a tits/ass flash on Site A, only the viewers on Site A will see the flash (where the members on Site B will only see me standing up, but won't see the actual goodies...lol). Nothing fancy with different angles. Just wanna be able to get time on both sites during the day to hopefully increase my earnings.

Reactions: TokenGesture
I have seen one broadcaster doing picture-in-picture but alternating between the two streams in terms of which one is full-screen and which one in inserted. So part of the time their face was the main show and a body shot was inserted, and when some action was going on for which the body would want to be in focus the positioning of the cameras was switched... then the face shot became inserted. I think this is kind of similar to what you’re talking about, where you’re switching between angles, and it made for a nice effect.

I have seen one broadcaster doing picture-in-picture but alternating between the two streams in terms of which one is full-screen and which one in inserted. So part of the time their face was the main show and a body shot was inserted, and when some action was going on for which the body would want to be in focus the positioning of the cameras was switched... then the face shot became inserted. I think this is kind of similar to what you’re talking about, where you’re switching between angles, and it made for a nice effect.

I've seen a good many PIP streams but I'm surprised not to see the jump to full screen intercutting. Camera angle changes have been part of our visual culture pretty much since movies were invented, never mind television. I thought it would be matter of fact in camming and always felt stupid asking in case I was missing something blindingly obvious. :happy: I'm guessing cost and keeping it simple are overriding factors.

I thought I would have seen more models try it out. I assumed there was some technical hurdle in getting the broadcasting software or computer to recognise numerous webcams.
The payoff from the show is probably assumed to not be worth the effort.

I'm not sure if someone else might have a good way around it, but with two C920 cameras plugged into the same computer I had issues trying to get into the advanced settings for both unless I plugged them in one at at time. The Logitech software only wanted to pull up one of them, even though you can access both cameras with it and change the basic settings. I didn't mess with it for long because I also have a C930. I don't know if two of those would cause similar problems, but if you're going to try it I'd suggest getting two different models. I've used OBS to switch between cameras, and besides OBS and Streamate not getting along for me anymore, it's very easy to do.

If you ever catch GingerStCyr on Streamate, she's got multiple cameras in multiple rooms--and she switches hers through voice control! No idea what her setup is, but it's pretty nifty.

I really hate the whole ‘having to click back and forth between tabs to see when people in Chatroom A are talking to me, then to see when people in Chatroom B are talking to me’ method.
I've circumvented this by having a monitor plugged into my laptop so I have two monitors. When I still had my 9000 (it pooped out and quit working), I would use my c920 on one site (streamate) and the 9000 with the other (cams.com, allbbwcams, or kinklive.com), with each under the corresponding chat so I wouldn't look at the wrong camera to reply to a question.

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I've circumvented this by having a monitor plugged into my laptop so I have two monitors. When I still had my 9000 (it pooped out and quit working), I would use my c920 on one site (streamate) and the 9000 with the other (cams.com, allbbwcams, or kinklive.com), with each under the corresponding chat so I wouldn't look at the wrong camera to reply to a question.

^This. As long as your computer can handle it, you can accomplish all that by just adding another monitor and camera. There's no need for a second computer to do all that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox

If I could plug my living room T.V. into my laptop (Shout-out to Dad for giving me their spare T.V., and carrying it all the way up to my 3rd floor apartment), and then just buy myself a second webcam tomorrow, that would be awesome for daytime camming while my son is in school. The natural sunlight coming in from the living room balcony window makes camming from the living room the BEST option.

Eeeeeek, I'm so excited! Lmao.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I'm not sure if someone else might have a good way around it, but with two C920 cameras plugged into the same computer I had issues trying to get into the advanced settings for both unless I plugged them in one at at time. The Logitech software only wanted to pull up one of them, even though you can access both cameras with it and change the basic settings. I didn't mess with it for long because I also have a C930. I don't know if two of those would cause similar problems, but if you're going to try it I'd suggest getting two different models. I've used OBS to switch between cameras, and besides OBS and Streamate not getting along for me anymore, it's very easy to do.

If you ever catch GingerStCyr on Streamate, she's got multiple cameras in multiple rooms--and she switches hers through voice control! No idea what her setup is, but it's pretty nifty.
I know on xsplit you'd get to cam settings via the cam source right on xsplit. I know logitech drivers are super picky so I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to do it on those windows.

• Helpful!
Reactions: emahlee

Xsplit is great for this! But OBS is also wonderful because you can set it up to automatically change cameras (I've used this during a JtM concert with 3-4 different cameras and it was the coolest effect). Sadly OBS isn't compatible with MFC or I would do it more. But Xsplit does great multiple cameras and PiP.

Xsplit is great for this! But OBS is also wonderful because you can set it up to automatically change cameras (I've used this during a JtM concert and it was the coolest effect). Sadly OBS isn't compatible with MFC or I would do it more. But Xsplit does great multiple cameras and PiP.
OBS got a plugin for webcam output through directshow recently, but it is Windows only. https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/

Having trouble connecting more than four USBs and I don't wanna sacrifice my external microphone so I'm gonna settle for three cams tonight. I ordered a powered hub and I'll try plugging all of them in when that arrives.. I have 7 cams at my disposal. >.>

Just an fyi, the error message I was getting is "USB Controller Resources Exceeded".

It went... pretty well. I really wanna see what I can do with all 7 cams though. I hope the new hub can handle all of it. I'm thinking a Brady Bunch type grid screen at one point.
It might not be the hub that is the problem but the USB controller on the motherboard. I have had similar issues with having to many USB devices and what you can do is to make sure that you are plugging the hub into a USB 2.0 port. Otherwise you can get a controller card for pci-e if you are using a desktop pc.

Having trouble connecting more than four USBs and I don't wanna sacrifice my external microphone so I'm gonna settle for three cams tonight. I ordered a powered hub and I'll try plugging all of them in when that arrives.. I have 7 cams at my disposal. >.>

Just an fyi, the error message I was getting is "USB Controller Resources Exceeded".

That means you're exceeding the number of devices the USB controller can handle. It's not a power problem or a port problem. A USB hub won't solve that unless you get a USB 2.0 hub. That would downgrade everything plugged into it to USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is a trade-off of number of devices supported for more bandwidth. So, a USB 2.0 hub might fix your problem, assuming you're not then creating a bandwidth shortage problem. See: https://plugable.com/2015/09/08/not-enough-usb-controller-resources/

Yes I have seen one model a few times, she had a cam under the table, and one on her face, on mfc, ever since i've been wanting to get my hands on this awesome technology!!!

I know on xsplit you'd get to cam settings via the cam source right on xsplit. I know logitech drivers are super picky so I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to do it on those windows.

Thank You!!!

I've been camming with three webcams every night. I finally got four to work last night. I think its a nice gimmick to switch to other angles and surprise people. Mostly, I do just stay on the angle that shows my face though. I noticed that other body angles improve my room count but people don't tip as much. It seems tips still mostly come when I'm showing my face. I think it's because members want to see the reaction on my face when they click send?

Either way, I am hella pregnant now and having the ease of showing different angles without having to move has been so helpful. I wouldn't say my setup is earning me more money or viewers, if anything it might be doing the opposite. (I think this might be because lying down on cam is seen as lazy and not entertaining.) But its so much easier on my body right now so I will continue.

I've been camming with three webcams every night. I finally got four to work last night. I think its a nice gimmick to switch to other angles and surprise people. Mostly, I do just stay on the angle that shows my face though. I noticed that other body angles improve my room count but people don't tip as much. It seems tips still mostly come when I'm showing my face. I think it's because members want to see the reaction on my face when they click send?

Either way, I am hella pregnant now and having the ease of showing different angles without having to move has been so helpful. I wouldn't say my setup is earning me more money or viewers, if anything it might be doing the opposite. (I think this might be because lying down on cam is seen as lazy and not entertaining.) But its so much easier on my body right now so I will continue.

YAY!!! Congratulations Momma!!! :) Yes absolutely, please, lay back, relax, take it as easy as possible!

Oh, I do love the idea of not having to mess with my cam angle, just already having them set up!!

*Booty angle* *face angle* *dancy angle!* haha ya know... :h:

I haven't watched your shows with the multi-cam setup, but have you tried doing a picture in picture thing so you can have your face in the corner if you are doing an angle where your face is not showing?

Status
Not open for further replies.