AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New ACF forum April 2019!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Sorry we were down so long today!

There was a HUGE forum software update we had to finally give in and install after putting it off for a while. There are probably a lot of little quirky changes we'll have to adapt to, and lots of visual differences that we'll all get used to soon, but here's a couple of major points for now. (I'll update more in the next couple days as it's late tonight and I still have to get screenshots and instructions put together for more stuff.) In no particular order:

*Obviously the look and layout are different. We were forced into switching up the theme as our old one is no longer supported in the new software. The default is dark mode but you can switch to light mode at the bottom left corner of the page. You can also click the arrows to change the width of the content on your browser here as well.
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 9.42.20 PM.png

*Browser push notifications: You can set up notifications here - account preferences (note: you may need to click the checkbox to enable regular alerts in order to uncheck the push notifications boxes on your settings page. Then once again uncheck the box for alerts to completely turn off any sort of notification per subject.)

*Post ratings: there are no longer any negative post ratings (no poo flinging or facepalming, sorry!) There are a handful of simple and only positive/neutral "Reactions" for posts now, and the rating on members' profiles have been simplified into reaction scores. The previous positive ratings have been transferred into this new points system, and all the negatives have been trashed, so to speak.

On a post, hover over the "Like" option at the bottom right (or on mobile, press and hold) for the options.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 9.44.22 PM.png

*There are a ton of new "Smilies" available for posts now.
😍🤪🤯

*We've integrated Giphy into the text editor toolbar, so now just like Twitter you can reply with your reactions in gif (hard g, by the way, ahem) form now. We have a sample version now but will work on getting a higher level version ASAP so just in case you run into issues, that's why!
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 10.00.28 PM.png
Just click that and type in the search word and find the reaction that suits your mood.

That's it for tonight! We need some sleep. :)😴

Last edited:
I moved this into the random section so if people have questions or need to report a problem they can reply here! (The announcements section doesn't allow replies, methinks.)

Something I failed to mention last night: BOOKMARKS!

If you make a helpful post that you want to share with people often, or if you're in the middle of a long page of replies and can't get through them, you can now bookmark a post to easily come back to! Your bookmarks are listed if you click your avatar at the top right, where you'd fine your user settings and profile info.

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 9.32.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 9.34.40 AM.png

And another helpful note: AVATARS

Avatars are now all perfectly square, so many of you probably need to go into your account settings (again at the top right) and re-crop your current avatar or upload a new one that is square. As it is right now, there are some people missing heads and whatnot because the forum auto-cropped you into a square with the update. 😂

example: our friend @Miss_Behayvin here is missing a forehead now, oops!
Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 9.39.05 AM.png

Let me know if y'all have any other issues or questions!

*Post ratings: there are no longer any negative post ratings (no poo flinging or facepalming, sorry!) There are a handful of simple and only positive/neutral "Reactions" for posts now, and the rating on members' profiles have been simplified into reaction scores. The previous positive ratings have been transferred into this new points system, and all the negatives have been trashed, so to speak.
The agree and disagree also disappeared, I am going to miss those.

Previous agrees were transferred into likes, which is I suppose how people will show agreement now. We wanted to get rid of some negativity caused by the disagrees and the troll ratings. Also WTFs and Facepalms were transferred into the current "Wat?!" which hopefully will be less negative or irritating than getting a facepalm. :)

Previous agrees were transferred into likes, which is I suppose how people will show agreement now. We wanted to get rid of some negativity caused by the disagrees and the troll ratings. Also WTFs and Facepalms were transferred into the current "Wat?!" which hopefully will be less negative or irritating than getting a facepalm. :)

I didn't think 'disagree' was ever a problem because at least it's intention was clear. facepalm and chill pills were a bit more antagonistic and people would use them for ambiguous reasons that you sometimes didn't know if they were being associated with. I guess the pro to getting rid of 'disagree' is people actually have to write why they disagree rather than leaving it unexplained with an emoji. I'm worried keeping everything only positive will guide people to only read the 'approved' comments enforcing some echo chambering and not reading the 'challenged' comments to understand the context of the discussion as a whole.

chill pills were a bit more antagonistic
Oh yeah I forgot about chill pills! Those were trashed completely as well.

I didn't thing 'disagree' was ever a problem
I assure you it was.
people actually have to write why they disagree rather than leaving it unexplained with an emoji
and that was a big part of it. If people were disagreed with, most times they wanted to know why and often it was left unexplained, which left confused and unhappy feelings.

Reactions: EspiKvlt
I guess I never saw the disagree as something negative I just viewed it as someone having a different opinion then me and that they didn't agree with an argument I had made.
Unfortunately not everyone is that objective during discussions.

Reactions: EspiKvlt

Reddit is having some real issues with toxic forums.
I like that your trying to keep things positive.

I know I tried to avoid getting bad troll attempts. Even though I know the psychology of positive reinforcement is much more effective then negative reinforcement.

Some times when reading some thing you'd see many disagrees on a post, which made it easier to see when an opinion or view was not popular. It made it harder for people to strong arm a narrative.

It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Considering how Tumblr is no longer sex friendly. You consider replacing it on the account profile with maybe another site? Maybe a justfans, modelcentro, skyprivates or livejasmine for example?

Considering how Tumblr is no longer sex friendly. You consider replacing it on the account profile with maybe another site? Maybe a justfans, modelcentro, skyprivates or livejasmine for example?
No but we could just remove it altogether.

Thank you for the update, Amber! Very nice. Now to just get used to the new format...

and that was a big part of it. If people were disagreed with, most times they wanted to know why and often it was left unexplained, which left confused and unhappy feelings.

This was the only thing I didn't like about the disagree, is that people clicked it and didn't give an explanation. I know in some of the older threads, there were some people who were rather emotional about some of the topics and just clicked "disagree" to anything someone they didn't like posted. But, it's all part of the internet to interact with all different kinds of people. :)

Reactions: AmberCutie

Hahaha... I just wanted to post this somewheres today.

The layout and update looks good.. Had to switch to light mode in a hurry though. Did not like how dark mode looked. Had a hard time reading anything.

I noticed likes and other post interactions don't stack like they used to. I get multiple notifications for the same post.
I could swear the same thing happened with alerts on the previous version. I think it depends on how much time is in between?

I'll turn mine on and see what's up.

I will miss being able to view who voted for "Bad troll attempt", but the new layout and theme is looking awesome.
It was always an easy sign of people who would end up banned or in the doghouse!

Love the way the scaling works in this new version of the forum software!

Well done! :)

Reactions: AmberCutie
I must be in the minority, not liking this new set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.