AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New model, tanking badly!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2015
So happy to have found this forum,
BUT this new model is tanking and tanking badly!

I feel I am mainly being taken for a ride by a lot of the guys who come into my room and they are wasting my time on PM's and not (barely) tipping. I am feeling really taken advantage of. I know I need to sit down and devote some time studying this forum, but I guess I wanted to vent a little.

Also my biggest query straight off the bat is guys contacting me offering to 'help' me get better. I had one guy on my first day flog me with PM's telling me he could help me increase my camscore and get tips, but he actually never told me anything but kept wanting me to do a small skype show for him way below my minimum set for Skype. I fell for him at first, but thankfully didn't do anything for him and have now ditched him as he was getting super creepy and possessive. Then Saturday I was contacted by a guy who seemed more legit and hasn't asked for anything in retune, but still hasn't provided any solid advice - do I ignore or do I take a punt and trust him?

Any and all advice will be grea fully received.

Thanks

I'm not a model but I'll offer some very general advice.

1. Set PM's to Friends Only
2. Charge people a set amount for a Friend Add and PM privileges (that way you're only ever diverting your attention away from the main chat for members who have actually tipped you). Anything from 50-150 tokens for a Friend Add seems to be the standard.
3. Take anything a member tells you as far as camming advice goes with a huge grain of salt. A lot of members prey on new models who don't know any better.
4. Register as a model here, and you're likely to get much better advice in the Models Only bit from models who aren't out to fleece you for free Skypes of content.
5. Watch other models to get ideas. Don't steal ideas directly but see what works for them and what you think might work you and for the kind of room you want to create and the type of member you want to attract, and tailor it to your own personality, style, comfort zone, etc.

Bob is so right about #4. Getting verified model status allows you access to the ACF mansion, aka Model's Only Section. You'll find other models I'm sure that can give you much better advice that we lowly members...plus, they're really some great ladies posting there.

Or so I'm told. ;)

Thanks for the tips. I have cleared my account on MFC for now while I regroup and decide what I am going to do moving forward.

5. Watch other models to get ideas. Don't steal ideas directly but see what works for them and what you think might work you and for the kind of room you want to create and the type of member you want to attract, and tailor it to your own personality, style, comfort zone, etc.

It's a good idea to watch other models, but if you can make someone else's idea work for you, go ahead and I'd say go ahead and steal it. No one stopped listening to Prince because Sinead O'Connor did a better version of Nothing Compares 2 U. This is your livelihood, and you've gotta do what you gotta do. You're a different person and whatever it is, it'll be different just because it's you doing it, and over time, you'll make it your own. There's very little that hasn't done before, so if you see someone doing something, it's unlikely that they're the first ever to do it.

I feel like you should never take advice from a member who comes in your room specifically if they say something like "I can help you raise your camscore." or "I can help you become successful." But little things like "Maybe try new angles" or are fine. New models are like fresh meat, it's annoying, but it happens. If a member comes in and offers to help you become successful don't give them extra attention anyway. I'm not in their mind, but from my own personal experience it just feels like they're trying to get brownie points, free attention and a shot at getting close to you on a personal level. This site is great because a lot of the older members here tend to be pretty genuine and there are also models here who want to help you succeed. I've had instances where models have given me tips that did not help me in the long run, in fact some have hurt me, because they were thinking of the competition. (Not at all saying all models are like that, but be careful who you trust anyway!)

Some viewers have actually helped me a lot and given me information before I started using these forums. In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have had to rely on their help because it makes me come off as so unknowing, but I feel better now that I'm past that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I've experienced both positive and negative advice or rather attempted advice from members so far. I've had some awesome members especially my first few days on MFC that gave me pointers like how to easily mute guests and basics, how to ban, etc. But I've also had the "I'm looking for a full time online submissive in exchange for my services to make you an amazing cam model". To this I just simply politely declined. I've also had genuine guys interested in making GIFs for future videos for me but I probably will just learn on my own because I'm not one who likes feeling like I owe people things.

So far the taking members advice with a grain of salt is pretty solid advice. Obviously there are many genuine guys out there who really are just trying to help out but there's equally a lot of people who are just in it for themselves.

The only way you are going to be able to sort between good advice and bad, whether from models or viewers, is educate educate educate. This is your business and you need to know your business. Find out all about it you can..... And this next bit of advice many may disagree with as you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you but I think it is kind of good to secretly look down on the guys a bit. Most are just broke freeloaders anyways. The websites would have the exact figures and my figures are just a guess, but I would probably say %99 of your tips are going to be coming from %1 of the guys. The %99 of guys can offer all the free advice they want but the best advice is coming from that %1... a tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.