AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Questions: Price list, BBW, etc

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissAshley

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 29, 2016
Twitter Username
@M3rmaidGrrl
MFC Username
MissAshy
Streamate Username
MissAshy
So I'm "new", kind of. I did the cam scene back in 2005-2007(i lived with my mom and she found out, so i had to stop) and now I've decided to give it a go again. So it's been awhile!! I've been browsing MFC for over a week now, trying to get a feel for the price lists, what girls do, etc. I'm a bigger girl, and I've noticed there aren't very man BBW girls on MFC. And the ones that are on there charge like 80% LESS than the thinner girls. Why is it? I haven't started yet, because I want to do all my research and have all my ducks in a row before I actually start. I want this to be successful for me and I want to do this as my full time income. I plan to dedicate a lot of time and energy to this.

I'm just trying to figure out if the lack of BBWs or low priced BBWs on MFC is because they don't charge enough, or members aren't willing to pay that much? Is there not really a market on MFC for girls with a little extra? (I'm not like 300lbs+, i'm 235lbs, 5'4" and I go to the gym everyday.)

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Well my stats are pretty much the same as yours and my answer to you question about charging less is because a lot of bigger girls (like me) are still looking for their exposure. If you noticed in other plump ladies rooms, not as many people are in there compared to the more fit models because different reasons (members shallowness is maybe the most). Its kinda hard to explain because I don't want to say that they're desperate for someone to tip but the tip to girl ratio is much lower.

So I'm "new", kind of. I did the cam scene back in 2005-2007(i lived with my mom and she found out, so i had to stop) and now I've decided to give it a go again. So it's been awhile!! I've been browsing MFC for over a week now, trying to get a feel for the price lists, what girls do, etc. I'm a bigger girl, and I've noticed there aren't very man BBW girls on MFC. And the ones that are on there charge like 80% LESS than the thinner girls. Why is it? I haven't started yet, because I want to do all my research and have all my ducks in a row before I actually start. I want this to be successful for me and I want to do this as my full time income. I plan to dedicate a lot of time and energy to this.

I'm just trying to figure out if the lack of BBWs or low priced BBWs on MFC is because they don't charge enough, or members aren't willing to pay that much? Is there not really a market on MFC for girls with a little extra? (I'm not like 300lbs+, i'm 235lbs, 5'4" and I go to the gym everyday.)

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Check out this girl: @housewifeswag http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Taylor
She is amazing

My two cents, as a BBW: when I click the BBW tag on MFC, the first few are usually bubbly, cute young women with pretty faces and decent lighting, decent can quality, talking to viewers. Further down are the older women sitting in the dark on a built-in cam, usually not doing much.

So this brings up several points:
1) This is similar to what you see with slim models -- those with a higher camscore are more likely to have good quality equipment, be outgoing, be made up and dressed cute, and be pretty. If you scroll lower, you'll often find slim models with bad lighting, ignoring the room, etc. So it's similar for ALL models, there are just less BBWs in general so the effect is more noticeable.

2) it IS harder for BBWs, regardless of prettiness/youth/equipment/etc, so you're less likely to see us high up. But most models (of all sizes) aren't in the top 100 or the top few rows. There are lots of BBW camgirls who make a decent living on MFC (and a few very successful). Most of them don't charge less. The limited number of models makes it look like most BBWs undercharge but I don't think it's accurate.

3) there used to be (and maybe still is?) a fairly popular model who was usually in the top three rows. She was average size but would sell like, 50 vids for 200tks. And clearly it worked for her because she was always ranked pretty high. So "undercharging" can be a tactic and it does work for some girls.

THAT SAID I have never charged less because I'm fat. Most of my MFC countdowns were in range of other girls in my camscore, maybe a little lower because I like finishing counts faster. So I would look at what girls in your ranking area are charging and base on that. And what you're comfortable with.

(Also, obviously there are some amazing, beautiful models who are in lower camscore -- not because they aren't pretty or good, etc -- it has a lot to do with luck. I'm not trying to say if someone has a low camscore it's necessarily because they are not doing those things or aren't good. But on average I do think it's fair to say more models with poor equipment, less engaging, or less aligning with the mainstream beauty ideal are going to fall in the lower camscore range.)

Ugh I cannot wait until I get my new webcam and move into our new house October 1st! I'm going to have my OWN internet connection there seperate from my husbands ha. I probably should've waited until then to start :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
I'm responding to follow this thread .. i'm a new BBW cam girl and seeking all advice possible.
question: ca one really make this a full time job? i want to do that

I'm responding to follow this thread .. i'm a new BBW cam girl and seeking all advice possible.
question: ca one really make this a full time job? i want to do that

Yes, just bear in mind that it's unstable income that's often feast-and-famine (you have an amazing night, then a slow week, then a couple good days, then it's quiet again). Personally I found selling videos more reliable and consistent income but with either camming or clips you can make it full time. Just be ready to think long-term about your money so the busy times can carry you through the slower times.

Also keep in mind that the amount of off-cam work you put in (editing videos, making graphics, etc) is unpaid. Sometimes I see girls saying "I make at least minimum wage" but they're putting in tons of offline hours. Be mindful that any off-cam work you're doing is actually bringing in more money, don't spend days making a pretty MFC profile but never actually get on cam, or spend hours on Twitter chatting with dudes who will never tip.

Good luck!! There is so much good info on this forum too, to help. :h:

I remember a BBW on MFC who did fairly well. She was a ' sometimes bottom first pager top second pager' and had the right personality. She had very little dead time in her room, she was always active, talking or moving, engaging the members and encouraging ppl to tip. She was an actual big beautiful woman.

I'm a ssbbw/bbw and I already see the common mistakes that big girls do and I wanna do better. I think its really all about quality, talking, and fun. I haven't gone live yet, however based on my observations, that's the common problem I see. OH! Also revealing too much too soon! Tease these motherfuckers! HA! (think like burlesque) :h:

Reactions: Gen
Well my stats are pretty much the same as yours and my answer to you question about charging less is because a lot of bigger girls (like me) are still looking for their exposure. If you noticed in other plump ladies rooms, not as many people are in there compared to the more fit models because different reasons (members shallowness is maybe the most).

I'm sorry, but, just because someone is attracted to larger women doesn't mean they're less shallow, it just means what they're shallow about is different.

you're implicitly calling larger women ugly by implication. in truth, for some people skinny is hot, for some fat is hot, for some it's small tits, for some it's big ... if you like someone only for their looks, whatever those looks you like are, you're shallow.

Reactions: Feyonce and Gen
Yes, just bear in mind that it's unstable income that's often feast-and-famine (you have an amazing night, then a slow week, then a couple good days, then it's quiet again).

are there any threads on this? does anyone understand it well?

I had a real shit day today, saved only by a regular and a new big tipper, didn't even pick up many new followers. I'm so new I haven't been able to find a pattern yet and suss out how to hit it out of the park every show.

I've always wondered how models who get very little traffic are able to stay in the top 200-300. I have a few models bookmarked who never have more than 10-50 ppl and no more than 3-5 premiums who tip. They must have learned how to get the most out of those few tippers. Perhaps that is the secret if you naturally aren't going to get a ton of members just because of your demographic-- Become skilled at siphoning from those who will tip, which is probably about giving them a lot of value (not as in a discount but as in the quality of entertainment) One thing that I've noticed about one model that I have bookmarked is that her numbers go from like 10 people to no more than 30ish but she is ALWAYS on. It seems like she is doing 12-15 days almost everyday. Her work ethic is stellar and I use her as motivation for my own work! I've seen her rank in the 250s at the end of the month many times.

One thing that I've noticed about one model that I have bookmarked is that her numbers go from like 10 people to no more than 30ish but she is ALWAYS on. It seems like she is doing 12-15 days almost everyday. Her work ethic is stellar and I use her as motivation for my own work! I've seen her rank in the 250s at the end of the month many times.

I've wondered if that's a good or bad strategy.
so far my approach has been to aim to build up a show over a few hours and call it a day. the alternative would require a LOT of sitting around doing nothing, because it would be simply too exhausting to remain active for so long, without rest days, and it would also mean people who stop by your room see a lot of dead air, which I would think is worse for business than brief broadcasts that at least have something happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.