AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newbie Questions: Countdown or no Countdown?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Twitter Username
@D_A_Xmfc
MFC Username
D_A_X
Hello, friends! I'm Nya, and new here. I'm an art-model, photographer, and soon to be cam-model (MFC). I look forward to sharing with you all. I have a couple of newbie questions.

How important is a countdown? I'm a fully-nude, non-explicit model. I love to dance, strip, tease and enjoy myself. But everyone here says don't get naked for free. I would hate to finish a shift and find that because I didn't make my 'naked token goal' that I log off without having danced or stripped that night..... because that is what I enjoy doing. How important is it to have that countdown? Will not having one hurt me as a new model? I also feel it's not fair to those members that tipped toward the goal, and then the goal isn' t met.

My other question is: I don't have videos on my Share yet, but I do have many artistic nudes I'd like to sell as an album. I see girls pricing these all over the place. Some girls even price them higher than some videos (THAT'S confusing to me). Do members buy photos, do these sell ? (professionally shot - I don't mean taken with my cell phone).

Thanks so much in advance for your responses, and for taking the time to be here and give us advise and guidance. This sight has been immensely helpful! @AmberCutie

Member here. So I can't say if countdowns bring in more money or visitors; This is just my personal view on it.
I like countdowns. I like there's something to strive for. Seeing it slowly go to zero and then getting something special. But to your question, yes it can always happen a countdown is not reached. But most goals are met by tipping for things on your menu so even if the goal wasn't met, they will have had their money's worth.
It's certainly not a requirement. Not having one really shouldn't matter. Instead you can always have smaller countdowns for things like 'take off shirt' and have the dances and stripteases on the tip menu. Maybe having non-nude dances, topless dances and naked dances with increased prices for each.

Video's are more popular but there are certainly people who are more into pictures. But again that's more for a model to answer.

How important is it to have that countdown?
I have found that if I don't have a countdown up, I don't get many tips. Members seem to need a visual reminder that tokens should be spent, lol. Make a few small countdowns to reach to get to varying degrees of nudity, or for a teasy dance, etc. Don't make one giant countdown until you're established with some regular tippers in your room.

My other question is: I don't have videos on my Share yet, but I do have many artistic nudes I'd like to sell as an album. I see girls pricing these all over the place. Some girls even price them higher than some videos (THAT'S confusing to me). Do members buy photos, do these sell ? (professionally shot - I don't mean taken with my cell phone).
Videos are the hottest commodity, but there are some who will buy photo sets. Might be a little harder to push, but if you advertise it in your room I'm sure you'll have some buyers.

Member here. So I can't say if countdowns bring in more money or visitors; This is just my personal view on it.
I like countdowns. I like there's something to strive for. Seeing it slowly go to zero and then getting something special. But to your question, yes it can always happen a countdown is not reached. But most goals are met by tipping for things on your menu so even if the goal wasn't met, they will have had their money's worth.
It's certainly not a requirement. Not having one really shouldn't matter. Instead you can always have smaller countdowns for things like 'take off shirt' and have the dances and stripteases on the tip menu. Maybe having non-nude dances, topless dances and naked dances with increased prices for each.

Video's are more popular but there are certainly people who are more into pictures. But again that's more for a model to answer.
Thanks so much for this. It's so helpful getting both a member's and a model's perspective.

I have found that if I don't have a countdown up, I don't get many tips. Members seem to need a visual reminder that tokens should be spent, lol. Make a few small countdowns to reach to get to varying degrees of nudity, or for a teasy dance, etc. Don't make one giant countdown until you're established with some regular tippers in your room.

Videos are the hottest commodity, but there are some who will buy photo sets. Might be a little harder to push, but if you advertise it in your room I'm sure you'll have some buyers.
Thank you so much, this makes sense to me.

How important is a countdown? I'm a fully-nude, non-explicit model. I love to dance, strip, tease and enjoy myself. But everyone here says don't get naked for free. I would hate to finish a shift and find that because I didn't make my 'naked token goal' that I log off without having danced or stripped that night..... because that is what I enjoy doing. How important is it to have that countdown? Will not having one hurt me as a new model? I also feel it's not fair to those members that tipped toward the goal, and then the goal isn' t met.
Thank you for asking this and for people answering.I have been curious about countdowns, and even goals in general, and have read pros and cons of each in different posts, to boost my tips. I don't know about you, @NyaMynx but I found that for me I don't have enough (regular) tippers in the room at one time for a goal countdown to be effective. @AmberCutie's advice seems really solid. I'm still growing my following and hope to use this technique to my benefit!

Reactions: D_A_X
Thank you for asking this and for people answering.I have been curious about countdowns, and even goals in general, and have read pros and cons of each in different posts, to boost my tips. I don't know about you, @NyaMynx but I found that for me I don't have enough (regular) tippers in the room at one time for a goal countdown to be effective. @AmberCutie's advice seems really solid. I'm still growing my following and hope to use this technique to my benefit!
Yes, thx for asking this. I'm new, about a week in, and I've thought about trying without even a tip menu to see how it goes. I do find it to be a good reminder to tip, but I also sometimes feel I'm selling myself short. I would like to get more private shows for sure! It's a learning curve I guess.

As a member I suggest countdowns cause they create a goal and will allow a room something to go for. The issue without them member need detail on what they are tipping for. Also please don't pm random guys. As a guys that sees models doing this far too often. MFC you can grow quick if you become a model flashing in the Lounges.

So I would use a countdown but you may have things you don't know if you want to do on cam/feel comfortable doing. For me layered countdowns work best. Say 700-1999 for nude then oil, fingers, and possibly toys if you have them. This should also have some tease tits/ass flash and spanking/pussy teasing this will get fetish guys going. Also count down allow you to read the room and what they like. Small teases for more later I think is the best option. Also prvt help if the room isn't active take them. However, if you have guys spending a few hundred per min in tokens don't even touch a prvt. Prvts can be good but often if the go over 20 mins starting out it cause members to leave the room and being new this can hurt girls. Prvts can create regulars but so can public. Use them accordingly and make your best judgment.

If you don't use countdowns I suggest Higher tips but more show than tease or have a longer list for a tip menu with Tease and Show level tips. As for Share I would make vids. Also don't put them cheap many Top earning models on MFC set their vids so low now they are everywhere and it took a huge chunk of revenue off the table. Happens to many models I have seen that have "retired" or changed how and where they stream. Now thing to watch out for while Lounge has tippers it also has guys who no longer tip and hide there. Also don't become a meme girl like a model who retires every other week and has half of her sites members banned cause she is hilariously insane.

Again don't spam member use lounge is the best way to pull people early. When you randomly pm a guy its likely a no. Also a waste of time guys go to what they want post in lounge with a burner and you can find new members and old alike. In one go who may join your room and give it a chance.

Reactions: genXXX
As a member I suggest countdowns cause they create a goal and will allow a room something to go for. The issue without them member need detail on what they are tipping for. Also please don't pm random guys. As a guys that sees models doing this far too often. MFC you can grow quick if you become a model flashing in the Lounges.

So I would use a countdown but you may have things you don't know if you want to do on cam/feel comfortable doing. For me layered countdowns work best. Say 700-1999 for nude then oil, fingers, and possibly toys if you have them. This should also have some tease tits/ass flash and spanking/pussy teasing this will get fetish guys going. Also count down allow you to read the room and what they like. Small teases for more later I think is the best option. Also prvt help if the room isn't active take them. However, if you have guys spending a few hundred per min in tokens don't even touch a prvt. Prvts can be good but often if the go over 20 mins starting out it cause members to leave the room and being new this can hurt girls. Prvts can create regulars but so can public. Use them accordingly and make your best judgment.

If you don't use countdowns I suggest Higher tips but more show than tease or have a longer list for a tip menu with Tease and Show level tips. As for Share I would make vids. Also don't put them cheap many Top earning models on MFC set their vids so low now they are everywhere and it took a huge chunk of revenue off the table. Happens to many models I have seen that have "retired" or changed how and where they stream. Now thing to watch out for while Lounge has tippers it also has guys who no longer tip and hide there. Also don't become a meme girl like a model who retires every other week and has half of her sites members banned cause she is hilariously insane.

Again don't spam member use lounge is the best way to pull people early. When you randomly pm a guy its likely a no. Also a waste of time guys go to what they want post in lounge with a burner and you can find new members and old alike. In one go who may join your room and give it a chance.
That a lot of solid advice! Makes a lot of sense. Got me thinking. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.