AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newbie w/ a Q Re: Photo Sets

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildkatt69

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
sexywildkatt.blogspot.com
Hello! Newbie to this site! I started camming about 10 years ago, but then stopped for 9 of those years lol. I recently decided I want to return to camming. I have so much fun with and I miss it!

However, I want to do this right. With that said I have already f*cked over my MFC camscore prior to learning its importance. Great! Now I'm debating if it's worth rebuilding my score or simply creating a new account. Perfect example - yesterday I wasted 5 hours online and didn't make a damn dime! Had at most 3 ppl in my room but most of the time, I had none. Very frustrating!

Anyways... So I have been searching the forums for a while now, as I am trying to find some very specific information. I'm not sure if maybe I am just extremely inept at using the search or if there is no direct info to be found. But I have been trying to search! (just saying!)

For those of you who sell their photo sets, how many photos do you put into a set worth 100 tkns? And how often do you upload a new set? I was thinking 10-15 photos per set, and uploading 1-2 sets per week. Now, I have no idea if that is too much or too little. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

You can't create a new MFC account under any sort of regular circumstances (so basically, they won't let you make a new account just because you want a 1000 camscore again.) Your best bet is to get model status here on ACF; inside Models Only, you'll find answers to your photo set answers, and of course ideas on how to raise your camscore. All of that 'direct info' you've been seeking is all inside the Models Only section. Also, we have cookies! And BOOBS! (Okay, maybe not cookies... but definitely the boobs, lol!) :dance:

Photosets don't really sell for me. I mostly make them because I enjoy having them, and it's good promo material. However, if my primary goal were tokens, I'd just make a video, they sell soooo much better. If you really want to go the photoset route, maybe try a monthly photoclub people can subscribe to. You can use Tumblr as a private blog they can buy access to.

I luv me some photo sets! :)

I think that even if they don't sell particularly well, it's good to have new content of yourself for your brand ~ updating your fans/followers through social media (twitter, etc.) that you're releasing photos (perhaps with a teaser pic or two) can be helpful in getting people interested enough to check out your profile -- the hope is that then they try catch you online, tip you for being so awesome and pretty, become regulars, etc.!

I think pricing really depends on what kind of content you're selling. If you're offering hardcore content I'd charge more than a tease set. Professionally done photographs would probably be priced higher than webcam selfies. Play around with it and gauge members' interests as you go on. It's a learning process!

For example, this month was sort of a comeback for me as well, so I decided to offer extra content all month - 31 days of new photos! Each set has between 5 and 10 pictures in it, all are DIY with my webcam, and only 10 tokens each during January. I'll be raising the price of the galleries after the month is over, offering them as one large gallery for a higher price (missed the deals? you snooze you lose!). You could offer little deals similar to this or have packages where you can sell multiple galleries at a discounted price. These little 10 token photo sets have been AWESOME for getting tips rolling... people tip for one, like it, want more, wanna see more of me in live chat, tip for more, and so on.

You don't have to be too fancy but make sure your photos are clear with good lighting! I've probably done 5+ photo sets this month that I just straight-up scrapped due to rushing through them with poor lighting/planning.

Good luck with your stuff! Don't forget to get verified for the MO section here for a wealth of information regarding photos and so much more. (`・ω・´)”

I think photo sets are a good thing. Even if they don't sell a lot outright you can use them to your advantage. Sell them normally for 100 tokens a gallery. But then play games, or have a prize bucket. Say 50 tokens a draw. In that have maybe 1/4th of them be gallery photo set prizes. You can fill out the rest with flashes, shots, videos...whatever. Photo sets just give extra prizes to get people to tip.

And if you're doing that route then doing new photo sets every so often is a good thing. If you only have a few it won't take long for all your regulars to get them all, either by outright tipping or winning them.

One other advice, and this is just my personal preference/annoyance. Make them good quality if you have the option and equipment to do so. And by good quality that includes the overall file size. My 16mp camera is pretty average quality for even cheap cameras sold at walmart. It's picture size is somewhere between 6 and 8 megabytes each. Even 2 or 3 megabytes is okay. But when you pay for a gallery, especially if it's advertised as HD quality photos, and each file is around 90 kilobytes it annoys me to where I won't buy any more from her. Even cell phones with older camera tech take higher res photos than that. It's like they are purposely dumbing them down for some stupid reason. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: blehxor and JimsX
Status
Not open for further replies.