AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Non-holiday shows or movies you associate with the holidays?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
I have a very distinct childhood memory of building gingerbread houses while watching The Three Amigos! and now because of that, I consider it a Christmas movie, even though it isn't.

Anyone else have movies or shows that hit you the same way? Considering the holidays are a big time for premiers, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not an uncommon thing to happen.

Also, for TV shows, I tend to binge a lot of British panel shows during this time of year. That must be because I discovered panel shows a few years back because of the Big Fat Quiz, so now the association has stuck -- winter equals catching up on panel comedy.

I always liked how "The Great Escape" was a Christmas movie in the UK, yet I find it strange "Die Hard" is a Christmas movie here.

Funny thing is now podcasts mark the holiday season for me. When they start doing "best of" shows I unsubscribe each by click until I find one doing new content. I'm not into recycled shows while wrapping a stapler for my friend Milton.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Thanksgiving.

This is an odd question but is Die Hard a Christmas movie? I like to watch it during Christmas.

Escape from Dannemora may become a thing for me just because of me watching it now (and I guess leading up to Christmas) and the way they show the town and the people and at least the first bunch of episodes take place with snow and cold.

I always liked how "The Great Escape" was a Christmas movie in the UK, yet I find it strange "Die Hard" is a Christmas movie here.

Funny thing is now podcasts mark the holiday season for me. When they start doing "best of" shows I unsubscribe each by click until I find one doing new content. I'm not into recycled shows while wrapping a stapler for my friend Milton.

IMO Die Hard is not a Christmas movie. To be considered a Christmas movie the holiday has to be integral to the plot, and they could have been having any type of party at the tower and it still would have worked. Maybe I missed something in the movie that tied it other than just aesthetics, but that's how I see it at least.

IMO Die Hard is not a Christmas movie. To be considered a Christmas movie the holiday has to be integral to the plot, and they could have been having any type of party at the tower and it still would have worked. Maybe I missed something in the movie that tied it other than just aesthetics, but that's how I see it at least.

It's funny how Die Hard = Christmas film has become such a serious discussion - where we're now watching people defend it's legitimacy as a Christmas movie - after it likely began as a joke. Plenty of movies take place around the holidays that are not Christmas themed to the plot (e.g. Edward Scissorhands, Gremlins 2), but i haven't heard any arguments for their legitimacy yet. /shrug. It's like saying the Star Wars prequels were a love story because of Anakin and Padme.

It's funny how Die Hard = Christmas film has become such a serious discussion - where we're now watching people defend it's legitimacy as a Christmas movie - after it likely began as a joke. Plenty of movies take place around the holidays that are not Christmas themed to the plot (e.g. Edward Scissorhands, Gremlins 2), but i haven't heard any arguments for their legitimacy yet. /shrug. It's like saying the Star Wars prequels were a love story because of Anakin and Padme.

I definitely get your point, and I haven't seen it in a long time, but wasn't Gizmo technically a Christmas gift from his father in Gremlins? I think that would make it a Christmas movie if so.

I like your example though, even though I try and forget the fact that prequels even exist in the Star Wars universe. Well, the first 2 anyways lol

There are so many cheap Christmas romantic comedies that could be just cheap regular romantic comedies, but Christmas in the title means Netflix will license it a few months a year to pad their shitty catalog. So, I guess I don't mind some good movies that aren't Necessarily "Christmas" movies, but are set during Christmastime being called "Christmas" movies.

Considering Edward Scissorhands is presented as a grandmother telling her granddaughter a story about why it snows, I'd call that Holiday enough. In fact, I'll be picking up a copy of it tomorrow, to add to my Christmas movie watchlist. EDIT: Just found this great little write-up of why it's definitely a Christmas movie. So, there you go @mutantdonut, an argument for its legitimacy.

Here's a big non-Holiday Holiday movie: The Sound of Music. It has nothing to do with any holidays, but it's still a Holiday tradition.

Last edited:
Shaun of the Dead reminds me of Christmas Eve. It’s the movie that started my Christmas Eve horror movie watching tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.