AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Obs Rtmp Vs Web-based" broadcasting on Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2021
Hi there

In the past few days, I've been trying to test the best and most reliable ways to stream on chaturbate.

I feel like I have reasonably more viewers using RTMP than the web-based broadcaster. Still, my regular viewers don't really see a difference in quality.

I stream from Europe.

I use i7 9k config with Elgato's 4k 60pro Sony ZVE10 (set to xav s hd 50p50m) .
Obs on 7500 kb/s, 1920x1080 - 30 fps - (Tryed 4k and 60fps options too but it didn't seem to affect traffic at all and takes around 30MB pure upload speed.)
All other is Cb recommended settings.

During the web-based broadcast, I tried both obs virtual camera and raw camera source.

Please share your recommendations and experiences :)

:nerd:

I have tried different options. Also tested the OBS vs Splitcam both virtual camera and rtmp. Decided for me to stick with rtmp as it seems to have more stable steam. When I checked for quality on the big monitor, I noticed that rtmp is slightly better and clear when a lot of movement is present on the camera.

I am using OBS with Logi brio on 1080p 30fps with 8000 bitrate.

Reactions: SplitCam
Upvote 0
odd, you set 60fps in both the settings and the video source properties? are you using MJPEG video format (also in properties)?
Sure, I tried all of it. As I can see with 30fps there are 2 more options of formats, but they are worse than MJPEG overall.
With 60fps I can choose only one and will have that annoying effect despite anything.
I guess my only option is to upgrade to DSLR with suitable capture card.

Attachments

• 1643900368916.png
    1643900368916.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 1643900389030.png
    1643900389030.png
    8 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
Sure, I tried all of it. As I can see with 30fps there are 2 more options of formats, but they are worse than MJPEG overall.
With 60fps I can choose only one and will have that annoying effect despite anything.
I guess my only option is to upgrade to DSLR with suitable capture card.
and you also have the fps set to 60 in the settings > video section?

You using a hardware encoder like quicksync in settings > output > encoder?

Upvote 0
Currently using NVENC encoder by GPU, tried x264(software) and Quick Sync(hardware). And yes all other settings were set correctly. I also tested the camera on other PC and Mac with the same result.
BTW thank you for your contribution 😍 Not often can find such helpful tips!

Reactions: SplitCam
Upvote 0
Currently using NVENC encoder by GPU, tried x264(software) and Quick Sync(hardware). And yes all other settings were set correctly. I also tested the camera on other PC and Mac with the same result.
BTW thank you for your contribution 😍 Not often can find such helpful tips!

🤔 💡 oh i know, whats your exposure set to? In order to do fluid 60fps you want like a -8 exposure on the brio (assuming default drivers that came with windows) which does require a good amount of light, you can do -7 and be almost as good.

Upvote 0
Hi there

In the past few days, I've been trying to test the best and most reliable ways to stream on chaturbate.

I feel like I have reasonably more viewers using RTMP than the web-based broadcaster. Still, my regular viewers don't really see a difference in quality.

I stream from Europe.

Obs on 7500 kb/s, 1920x1080 - 30 fps - (Tryed 4k and 60fps options too but it didn't seem to affect traffic at all and takes around 30MB pure upload speed.)

During the web-based broadcast, I tried both obs virtual camera and raw camera source.

Please share your recommendations and experiences :)

:nerd:
I forgot to respond to OP, although the web broadcaster has come a long way, OBS simply gives you more control. If you run into a problem with a particular cb rtmp server you simply change to a difference one.

I can't think of a benefit to using the web broadcaster unless your split camming with an older method.

Upvote 0
🤔 💡 oh i know, whats your exposure set to? In order to do fluid 60fps you want like a -8 exposure on the brio (assuming default drivers that came with windows) which does require a good amount of light, you can do -7 and be almost as good.
Ohh gosh, that really worked. Never thought about it lol. You are awesome! Thank you thanks! 😁

Upvote 0
Is there a latency difference between using the browser vs. OBS RTMP? It seems to be about 8 seconds delay when using RTMP. I'm curious if the delay is smaller when using OBS Virtual Camera in the browser. But... would the Lovense tools still work when using the OBS Virtual cam?

Upvote 0
You want your streaming settings to match your camera settings, otherwise that can cause things to look strange. Ideally for

Upvote 0
I forgot to respond to OP, although the web broadcaster has come a long way, OBS simply gives you more control. If you run into a problem with a particular cb rtmp server you simply change to a difference one.

I can't think of a benefit to using the web broadcaster unless your split camming with an older method.

It's true in theory and it's clear chaturbate does not values streaming method or streaming quality in the page rank algorithm (and that's right)
STILL, performers get different results. In a business where the target group is NA 35 + male traffic with an expanding ratio of mobile users using web rtc can be super beneficial tho. There are sites where using RTMP gets arguably less traffic. )

I target the question better :

Why may Web-based broadcasting generate fewer viewers with the same quality settings as an RTMP?
/How and why does using different methods can affect room traffic?

I wonder if there is a recommendation from CB or any science/stats we can look into. 🤔

Upvote 0
Is there a latency difference between using the browser vs. OBS RTMP? It seems to be about 8 seconds delay when using RTMP. I'm curious if the delay is smaller when using OBS Virtual Camera in the browser. But... would the Lovense tools still work when using the OBS Virtual cam?
8 seconds is damn much. a great example if it's not a connection issue and OBS settings are matching CB recommendations. (keyframe is super important)

Lovense tools simply project info onto your obs canvas. You can use a virtual cam.

Upvote 0
It's true in theory and it's clear chaturbate does not values streaming method or streaming quality in the page rank algorithm (and that's right)

Chaturbate leaves it up to the user to decide if they want to prioritize HD streams (its an option in the settings at the top of the model list) once enabled the list works like this as far as I know:
1080p or higher > less than 1080p but higher or equal to 720p > Less than 720p

Why may Web-based broadcasting generate fewer viewers with the same quality settings as an RTMP?
You can't have the same quality settings, the only thing you can pick is resolution, you have no control over bitrate to my knowledge or encoder, which means that on weaker computers that may be unable to keep up without switching encoders in OBS that you end up with performance problems and unless they fixed it that usually translates to a blocky distortion on the web broadcaster.

🤔

Why so much interest on the subject? If its because you are split camming the modern method is rtmp splitting, people are moving away from using virtual cams.

Upvote 0
Chaturbate leaves it up to the user to decide if they want to prioritize HD streams (its an option in the settings at the top of the model list) once enabled the list works like this as far as I know:
1080p or higher > less than 1080p but higher or equal to 720p > Less than 720p

You can't have the same quality settings, the only thing you can pick is resolution, you have no control over bitrate to my knowledge or encoder, which means that on weaker computers that may be unable to keep up without switching encoders in OBS that you end up with performance problems and unless they fixed it that usually translates to a blocky distortion on the web broadcaster.

🤔

Why so much interest on the subject? If its because you are split camming the modern method is rtmp splitting, people are moving away from using virtual cams.

Sure sori yuki plugin is super advenced and reliable. :p I won't go into it as this is a CB forum board and it's irrelevant.

I'm looking for insight into the benefits web rtc streaming in general. Was hoping to catch some tech guy/girl from CB . I like to get scientific. That's all. 💁‍♀️

Reactions: blayze_noir
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.