AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS Studio Audio Settings - HALP!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2020
Please, I beg... before I actually open a vein...

I feel like I already know the answer at this point and I'm mostly really just here as a last resort before I concede that its simply not possible to do this:

During a live broadcast, how - if at all - can I stream music in my room, while also listening to that same music while I'm camming, while also having an active mic for speaking to my viewers, without the damn mic receiving the music and doubling up the the music and chasing off everyone in the room bc of a horrendous echo?

For clarity:
  • Background music streaming in nice quality for viewer enjoyment
  • Mic is on so that we can address our viewers when needed (as well as provide the requisite sexy moans, etc.)
  • Same music also playing audibly within range of mic
  • Mic now the picks up music audio thats already streaming to the viewers along with speech audio, causing a gross echo and at times a bit of screechy feedback on the viewers-end of the stream....
  • I am not asking how to split tracks and isolate microphone from streamed music during recording - I AM asking how to isolate them during live streams in real-time.
I've already tried:
  • OBS Noise Gate Filter
  • OBS Noise Supression Filter
  • OBS Audio Limiter Filter
  • Split Plugin
  • VST 2 Plugin
  • Veritable Plethora of Settings Configurations based on countless hours of reading and watching YouTube Tutorials

So does anyone know of a way (OBS Plugin or Settings config) for us to hear the same music the viewer is hearing without having to also mute the mic we're using to speak to viewers??

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

Is the issue that you are having that the microphone is picking up the sound from the speakers?
if this is the issue then it's the noise gate on the microphone you need to adjust, for example, I keep mine at -50db for the close and -40db for the open and that seems to work well for me (I also have noise suppression running, doesn't stop the music but kills the fan and other background noise, just mentioned it because it might also affect the settings on the noise gate). It takes some playing about with to get it dialed in but if your mic is picking up the music that's the one that you are going to want to adjust (well that and you might need to lower the volume of the music if it's too close to the volume of your voice).

Reactions: Tank-n-Switchblade
Is the issue that you are having that the microphone is picking up the sound from the speakers?
if this is the issue then it's the noise gate on the microphone you need to adjust, for example, I keep mine at -50db for the close and -40db for the open and that seems to work well for me (I also have noise suppression running, doesn't stop the music but kills the fan and other background noise, just mentioned it because it might also affect the settings on the noise gate). It takes some playing about with to get it dialed in but if your mic is picking up the music that's the one that you are going to want to adjust (well that and you might need to lower the volume of the music if it's too close to the volume of your voice).

Yes what you describe is my issue. Troubling though bc I did try a multitude of different settings on OBS's built-in noise gate filter for the mic I'm trying to isolate, and I'm certain I must've passed through settings very close to the -50/-40 config you suggest here. Although, the exact values you use on your setup would likely not be the same for everyone as the gate/suppression filter settings are relative to the decibel level of the music itself, varying user-to-user. Even so if this is literally the only method you're using for this and you're getting good results I'm completely flummoxed!!

I'm going to go back and try this again now, but to be clear you do mean the built-in noise gate filter option, correct?

So does anyone know of a way (OBS Plugin or Settings config) for us to hear the same music the viewer is hearing without having to also mute the mic we're using to speak to viewers??

It doesn’t have to be that complicated.

Not sure if this is helpful, but in all my 11 years of camming, I’ve always just had speakers in the room behind me playing the music, and the microphone I use to speak to the chat picking up the music as well as my voice/sounds. No adding the music to OBS directly. Turn off any noise suppression on the microphone/audio input so it picks up all the room sounds.

Last edited:
With a half decent mic it shouldn't be an issue. I use the Blue Yeti Nano and my voice and music comes across just fine. If you wanted to have even cleaner music audio you could use airpods or other wireless earphones and stream music from your desktop to OBS directly.

Reactions: AmberCutie
With a half decent mic it shouldn't be an issue. I use the Blue Yeti Nano and my voice and music comes across just fine. If you wanted to have even cleaner music audio you could use airpods or other wireless earphones and stream music from your desktop to OBS directly.
Yup I have a blue yeti now but always just used my Logitech webcam mics previously without issue.

Yes what you describe is my issue. Troubling though bc I did try a multitude of different settings on OBS's built-in noise gate filter for the mic I'm trying to isolate, and I'm certain I must've passed through settings very close to the -50/-40 config you suggest here. Although, the exact values you use on your setup would likely not be the same for everyone as the gate/suppression filter settings are relative to the decibel level of the music itself, varying user-to-user. Even so if this is literally the only method you're using for this and you're getting good results I'm completely flummoxed!!

I'm going to go back and try this again now, but to be clear you do mean the built-in noise gate filter option, correct?
Yep, I use the built in noise gate. If your music is within the range of the noise gate it's going to trigger the microphone. Now I have the noise gate set I normally just have to lower the speaker volume a bit before I log in and then it's fine. If the noise gate isnt working then I would assume that the music volume is too close to the volume that your mic picks up your voice with, when that happens you cant isolate them because they are in the same db range. As amber said moving the speakers further away from the microphone would help, if you cant move the speakers, then a lower volume on the speakers or using wireless ear buds should fix the issue.

Please, I beg... before I actually open a vein...

I feel like I already know the answer at this point and I'm mostly really just here as a last resort before I concede that its simply not possible to do this:

During a live broadcast, how - if at all - can I stream music in my room, while also listening to that same music while I'm camming, while also having an active mic for speaking to my viewers, without the damn mic receiving the music and doubling up the the music and chasing off everyone in the room bc of a horrendous echo?

For clarity:
  • Background music streaming in nice quality for viewer enjoyment
  • Mic is on so that we can address our viewers when needed (as well as provide the requisite sexy moans, etc.)
  • Same music also playing audibly within range of mic
  • Mic now the picks up music audio thats already streaming to the viewers along with speech audio, causing a gross echo and at times a bit of screechy feedback on the viewers-end of the stream....
  • I am not asking how to split tracks and isolate microphone from streamed music during recording - I AM asking how to isolate them during live streams in real-time.
I've already tried:
  • OBS Noise Gate Filter
  • OBS Noise Supression Filter
  • OBS Audio Limiter Filter
  • Split Plugin
  • VST 2 Plugin
  • Veritable Plethora of Settings Configurations based on countless hours of reading and watching YouTube Tutorials

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

Hold up, before you go into filters two things I want to ask.

1. Does this computer have bluetooth?
2. When you blow into your microphone can you hear it through the speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.