AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Observations About It Being "Slow"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2021
Chaturbate Username
Blayze_
This post isn't meant to discourage anyone, purely just my observations and thoughts. I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

I've been thinking a lot about all the "why is it so slow" and "where are all the tippers" threads (including my own) lately and all the advice people are giving - have a consistent schedule, get/don't get a Lovense, have a tip menu, play games, play/don't play music, talk, tease, OnlyFans, Twitter, etc... I've tried just about everything and I seem to attract and retain mostly studio models (most likely their room monitors) that don't participate, reply to chat or PMs or tip. My regulars have seemed to disappear or become irregulars. The Lovense toy and hashtag has marginally helped.

It's discouraging for sure. I think it's been about 40 hours of broadcasting since my last tip. I was hopeful for some good tipping while having fun and great conversation with a guy in my room this morning until it he got scared away when our conversation revealed that we both may have crossed paths at one time and might actually know each other.

I am constantly researching on forums like this, lurking in other rooms to see how other models are doing it and to me it seems that when I and many other people are posting about being slow and not getting tips is getting bodies in the room. A lot of the advice about scheduling, personality, games and toys is more geared towards retention - keeping the viewers coming back and tipping once they get in the room.

For example: I have two cam model friends that consistently have under 100 viewers, one typically has less than 20. BUT, the one that has less than 20 viewers, she is getting thousands in tips in under an hour and the one with around 100, she is getting similar tips across more tippers. I was lurking in a room that had almost 20,000 viewers and she was getting similar numbers as my friends. But, then another room with around 20,000 viewers was crushing it - 80,000 tkns in 30 minutes!

*TLDR*
So, how to get people IN the room in the first place?! When I ask advice on it being slow and getting people in my room from those friends they both used to give me similar advice I mentioned above, but now they are saying it's really about luck. They put on a sexy outfit, or comfy outfit or go topless or nude and hope that their thumbnail and visible portion of the room subject attracts viewers into the room.

I think I agree with them - getting people in the room is down to luck. It's 17:30ish where I am and on Chaturbate there is currently over 6500 female cams broadcasting (over 60 pages) and almost 2000 male cams (about 17 pages) broadcasting. I thought it was difficult enough as a male camming, but look at that competition female cammers have! There are so many choices that it's difficult to stand out with just a thumbnail and room subject to get people in the room or to get people tipping. Once they are in the room it's down to all those other tips and tricks to keep them and get them to tip.

I don't throw that out there to be scary, just a fact. When I started as a viewer however long ago I don't remember there was anywhere near 60 pages of cams in the Women category.

Thoughts? Is it really just that saturated? Am I just crazy?

Well...exactly the same thing happened to me...for 2 years i was up, with lots of regulars and many tips...then, silence...everyone started to complain about money or life issues slowly, bit by bit, until ive remained with a couple of regulars. After my boob job, half of the guys that i knew they started to vanish too, then pandemic came, then i started to stay online longer, didnt work, my cam score was dropping everyday, no people, no tips, nothing. Ive brought skype, ive made it cheaper, ive set a bundle for vids, nothing worked until i started to dont give a.... and focus on other sites. Now im on Streamate, im not super mega happy but at least i am there and survive with it. Hopefully to make it better in future. I am during a fight with myself in staying longer online especially when its slow, like this month.

If a site is not working anymore for you, focus on others and by the way...dont let ur all the eggs in the same basket...this lesson is learnt for me!

I think it's way harder over all for a male model vs female. So wouldn't compare the two as they have a much different audience. I've seen some male cammers have more visitors when they use green screens to make the room more visually interesting in the thumbnail. Sorry I don't have much more advice. I'm a niche cammer and while I've typecasted myself, it does keep it pretty busy.

Well...exactly the same thing happened to me...for 2 years i was up, with lots of regulars and many tips...then, silence...everyone started to complain about money or life issues slowly, bit by bit, until ive remained with a couple of regulars. After my boob job, half of the guys that i knew they started to vanish too, then pandemic came, then i started to stay online longer, didnt work, my cam score was dropping everyday, no people, no tips, nothing. Ive brought skype, ive made it cheaper, ive set a bundle for vids, nothing worked until i started to dont give a.... and focus on other sites. Now im on Streamate, im not super mega happy but at least i am there and survive with it. Hopefully to make it better in future. I am during a fight with myself in staying longer online especially when its slow, like this month.
Yeah... I think this is what I'm talking about. Retaining viewers versus capturing them. Regardless of which service we use, we have to get them in to the rooms in order to use all these tricks to keep them coming back.

I also tried to dance, more tease, when it's quiet, but sometimes after I danced for 20 minutes and nobody gave anything, when I sat on the chair they gave me, or then more came in. So I really think is about luck, there are regulars who have money, but even when they don't. Than I have luck once a month for a whale. I was very stressed during the period when was really quiet, and I don't want to still do it, I wait, I have patience, I think that the more stressed I look, even if I don't want to show it, I send this to them too, so better relaxed and I wait, when I can't anymore, take a brake, or some days off.

Reactions: XElle420
Status
Not open for further replies.