AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Odd encounter and more selfish worries

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2023
England
So, a while back I joined strip chat, I am not a model just a humble user. Got talking a to a model, tipped for her whatsapp, avg size tip I think 500 tokens or something.
Anyway we were in touch regularly she asked for money to leave the camming job since her viewers and earnings on striphat were not what she expected. So i agreed transfered around $400 dollars to her, she is Venezulean living in Colombia (Bogota),
she needed the money to complete her goal of about $1900 for a journey with her group to the US border.
I got regular updates (pictures messages etc) from her, each coutry she crossed along the way ( apirport at bogota, arrival at medellin, jungle picutres with her group in panama, her time in mexico) then 3 weeks of silence. Then I get a worrying text she has turned herself into the US border patrol 2 times and was subsequently sent back into mexico but not technically deported, they have some technical term for it, she was at pains to explain a deporation would mean a journey back to Venezuella or somethign but she was expelled back into Mexico.
Anyway, finally 1 week ago I get a text from a US phone and its her, she was grateful and was finally in Texas! we just exchanged plesantries, I wish her luck etc BUT I asked her what happend to her old phone she said US border patrol took it! On the old phone we exchanged lots of messages and I even sent some perosnal details of mine, I am not worred about the pictures, but in theory US border patrol now know my name and all details about me! I have not asked her if she gave them the password but i am sure they know how to get access to that stuff. :oops::eek::eek: So I guess I am asking if anyone here knows if US border patrol look through the whatsapp messages of illegal immigrants or if an anyone knows of a model who has experience of US border patrol before and knows what happens to old phones!
BTW I am not US citizen, and I do not live in USA either.

Last edited:
So I guess I am asking if anyone here knows if US border patrol look through the whatsapp messages of illegal immigrants
They can look through the texts, WhatsApp messages, and emails of everyone's phone; illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, US citizens. Everyone's. However, if they were going to do that they likely would have done it when she was there to unlock the apps. They still might, but I would think it is unlikely given the number of people and phones they have to deal with.

Even if they did, so what? They're not going to track you down and be like "hurrr durrr you helped a person into the United States illegally." You didn't smuggle her, provide her transportation or housing once she crossed. You gave her money when she was still in her home country. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, you could have bought her a plane ticket to the US and once she was here as long as you provided no further aid, you'd be in the clear. It's on her for not having the proper documents, not you.

Even if they did, so what? They're not going to track you down and be like "hurrr durrr you helped a person into the United States illegally." You didn't smuggle her, provide her transportation or housing once she crossed. You gave her money when she was still in her home country. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, you could have bought her a plane ticket to the US and once she was here as long as you provided no further aid, you'd be in the clear. It's on her for not having the proper documents, not you.
yeah thats why I figure , I googled and saw in fact they were giving illegal immigrants phones, I could not find much about taking phones, my main issue was what you hit on me helping someone "hurrr durrr you helped a person into the United States illegally." You didn't smuggle her, < That was exactly my worry! Anyway I have no plans to visit USA and so I'm more relaxed, never doing that again. Phew! And it's all quiet from her and I have not saved her US number as a contact on my phone, so all these apps scanning through my contacts can do so as much as they want there is nothing there no names! Thanks for the reply.

I cant speak on the border patrol stuff as i have no idea about that but i think you should be okay, but something semi related.

i would be super careful giving cam models any info especially ones from Colombian\Venezuela etc, keep in mind a lot of models from Colombia\Venezuela are from web cam studios, so assume any information you give them could be seen by anyone working for the studio as a lot of the time they also control the WhatsApp's. not to mention the scams (creating sob stories so people send large sums of money) similar to the story you mentioned above.
although it seems like you care more about personal information than any scams etc., i just wanted to mention for other people.

Also just for my personal curiosity did she ever send you any pictures of her in the US? where you could actually see her? the only reason i ask is because the story you provided is used in scams A LOT. not saying that it is a scam, but it is common.

I cant speak on the border patrol stuff as i have no idea about that but i think you should be okay, but something semi related.

i would be super careful giving cam models any info especially ones from Colombian\Venezuela etc, keep in mind a lot of models from Colombia\Venezuela are from web cam studios, so assume any information you give them could be seen by anyone working for the studio as a lot of the time they also control the WhatsApp's. not to mention the scams (creating sob stories so people send large sums of money) similar to the story you mentioned above.
although it seems like you care more about personal information than any scams etc., i just wanted to mention for other people.

Also just for my personal curiosity did she ever send you any pictures of her in the US? where you could actually see her? the only reason i ask is because the story you provided is used in scams A LOT. not saying that it is a scam, but it is common.
She was not a scam, at least not in my mind, I have plenty of pictures and docs from her, the only difference is I am not/and was not planning on crossing 3/4 international borders illegally with a buccaneer group of self-imposed exiles!

She was an independent model living with her uncle she was not in a studio, I know what studio models are and frequent them a lot, she was not one of them. Anyway she is out of my consciousness (barring responding to this thread and hopefully I out of hers, no contact from her and that's the way I like it.

Only one time she tried to "scam me" for money it was from the flight from Bogota to Medilin she called me at 2 in the morning asking for more money, I flatly refused, she got the message, I could tell she was under the control of her "group" of "friends" at the airport, they all got the message.

Anyway even if it was some elaborate scam she could have asked me for the money at the outset of our "friendship" and I would have gladly given it to her, she knows that as well; and if it was scam I couldn't be happier being scammed by her! Alls well that ends well. She got what she wanted I got what I wanted, and I still have no plans of visiting the US so my fears are placated, no follow on scammy emails or texts either so touch wood all well here, I now consider the matter closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.