AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

On CB, Can Models Send Tokens Back and Forth Without Cost?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Not sure why this did not occur to me before, but on CB it looks like there is no transaction fee for a model to send tokens to another model and then get those tokens back again?

So, in theory, a group of models could create a collaboration and do something like:

1) A sends 1000 tokens to B
2) B sends 1000 tokens to C
3) C sends 1000 tokens to A

At the end of this series, all three players have the same number of tokens they started with.

If you repeated this sequence 100 times, this kind of game could create the illusion to the viewers in a room that all three models have received 100K tokens, when actually they permanently changed their token balance by nothing.

You're right, broadcasters can send tokens to one another.

In theory yes, although, while not specifically detailed in the site's rules, there's a general catchall rule that allows them to ban whomever, whenever, for whatever reason. And this could be interpreted as gaming the system.

Unless it somehow tripped up the site and ranked the model on the front page, what would the illusion accomplish?

Unless it somehow tripped up the site and ranked the model on the front page, what would the illusion accomplish?

Rooms with large tips tend to promote both more tippers and larger tips from tippers. Proving that requires some statistical data across many rooms, but even if you could show the general principle, CB benefits from the additional tips that resulted from the "game", so unlikely CB would penalize it.

I'm not creating any conspiracy theories. I am just clarifying how the system prices behavior and if there are rules against it. I would never do it, and I would never tell anyone to do it.

Rooms with large tips tend to promote both more tippers and larger tips from tippers. Proving that requires some statistical data across many rooms, but even if you could show the general principle, CB benefits from the additional tips that resulted from the "game", so unlikely CB would penalize it.

I'm not creating any conspiracy theories. I am just clarifying how the system prices behavior and if there are rules against it. I would never do it, and I would never tell anyone to do it.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that they have penalized for excessive token recycling in the past.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that they have penalized for excessive token recycling in the past.
yes, I heard this too, it was used to push up rooms.

on another hand, it seems that you can exchange between 2 models.
What is sure is that these tokens are counted and counted down when only 2 models are concerned, and I'm certain that a good amount of models use it with their mod to permit them to show a minimum of tip at each show to other users.

ie
A tip 100 -> B : then B see that A tipped 100 when clicking on his pseudo in the chat
B tip 100 -> A : then B see that A tipped 0 when clicking on his pseudo in the chat

this counts also to be allowed to vote, if A want to vote a 'thumb up' in B's room A has to tip B 25 token more than B tipped to A.
it's a bit amusing to observe :
A tip 100 -> B and Vote.
B tip 25 -> A but can't vote.
B tip 100 -> A, then B can vote in A's room... but A's vote in B's room is cleared.
A tip again 100 in B's room , then A can vote again and the vote of B is cleared :)

This has been done for years. Don't recommend it for room/goal boosting. A lot of models do it if they collaborate. Easier than having to do the tax paperwork since Chaturbate would be the one generating the 1099. If model A and model B cam under model A's account, all they have to do to get paid the same is transfer half the tokens (or whatever agreed percentage) to model B's account. Easy peasy.

Keeping in mind that the only difference between a model and a member/registered user, technically speaking, is the age verification hence the ability to accept tokens, the only real potential benefit to this, in my eyes, would be the following:

A model has earned 4050 tokens. They can cash them out at .05 per token for $202.50

Or, they could send them to a registered user who is age-verified who has agreed to buy them at .06 per token for $243.

The model earns an extra $41.50.

The member meanwhile saves $77, since buying 4050 tokens would ordinarily cost $320.

In this scenario a model is paid much more quickly.

Keeping in mind that the only difference between a model and a member/registered user, technically speaking, is the age verification hence the ability to accept tokens, the only real potential benefit to this, in my eyes, would be the following:

A model has earned 4050 tokens. They can cash them out at .05 per token for $202.50

Or, they could send them to a registered user who is age-verified who has agreed to buy them at .06 per token for $243.

The member meanwhile saves $77, since buying 4050 tokens would ordinarily cost $320.

If you do this and CB finds out they will ban the model.

Keeping in mind that the only difference between a model and a member/registered user,
(a part the Ban they both risk by stealing money to CB)

Some studio block the tipping ability to models to ensure to have no TOS violation and also no lose of token for the studio.
but this, I don't know how they do technically :/

Reactions: AudriTwo

*Hits on nose with newspaper*
No, bad advice. This would get a model and a member account banned when they find out because they will eventually. It doesn't help out the model if she can't make a living on that site because she got banned for that extra $41.70

If you are doing this, stop it. This is not helping.

We had this thread already, and it is against CB policy for a model to sell tokens.

Apparently there are some exceptions, if the model is paying for a service. So if you are doing a web profile for her, apparently she can pay for that with tokens. I would definitely get support to clarify the exceptions before testing that.

We had this thread already, and it is against CB policy for a model to sell tokens.

Apparently there are some exceptions, if the model is paying for a service. So if you are doing a web profile for her, apparently she can pay for that with tokens. I would definitely get support to clarify the exceptions before testing that.

That's not the same as selling tokens, because eventually those tokens get converted to the same amount of cash regardless of who cashes out, and it doesn't undercut CB.

That's not the same as selling tokens, because eventually those tokens get converted to the same amount of cash regardless of who cashes out, and it doesn't undercut CB.
Did I miss where they openly said it was ok to buy services like bio design etc for tokens?

It is more grey than that. The people who create web pages for models are also sometimes viewers in model rooms. So some of those tokens they cash out, and some of those tokens might be used to participate as viewers. If the private arrangement between the viewer and the model put a different cash price on the token, CB would not be crazy about that use of tokens.

Did I miss where they openly said it was ok to buy services like bio design etc for tokens?

In this old thread, the consensus seemed to be that there is no rule allowing this. Some people apparently do it and get away with it, but does CB explicitly think that is okay or not? I would not do it unless CB said it was okay to do, but that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.