AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

One of life's weird little coincidences...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find myself uncomfortable (as posted in other threads) with the idea of models being able to see a member's token balance. I mean, some kind of indication that they are not a freeloader is good but I don't agree with them seeing the actual balance.
That discussion will polarise viewers forever, and I'm not assuming or judging anyone's reasoning for being reluctant to have their token amount known.
Personally, I don't have any problem with my balance being visible to models, but I think strong boundaries are as important for viewers as they are for models.
For example, I won't enter a room if I cannot tip, and I won't haggle over a tip menu price or private rate. If having a visible token balance prevents someone from trying to get a cheap show or negotiating, when they could well just pay for it, that's a good thing.
If someone's in a room while waiting for another model to start their show, or while they're busy in private, IMO they should still tip something to show appreciation.
There's been some recent threads about guys trying to hide their activity from other models. Sure there can be jealousy at play, but that's where the boundaries ought to come in; a viewer shouldn't promise a model monogamy if they intend to spread their tokens around, and a viewer's monogamy shouldn't be expected by the model either.
But that's just my view, and I doubt it will ever become a feature of sites like CB. There will always be those who want to get the most in return for the least, especially when you can watch as an unregistered viewer.

That said, I still find myself uncomfortable (as posted in other threads) with the idea of models being able to see a member's token balance.
Models can't see member's exact token balance on CB. The closest thing we get there is sorting members by held tokens amounts, so the situation from OP was just a coincidence. And not really weird one - prices like 888, 111, 55 etc. are really popular among models, myself included. They are just easy to remember (and not as likely as round numbers to be used as appreciation tips).

If she could really see his tokens balance it's very unlikely she would ask him for exactly what was left in it as an upfront tip, sice that would mean he wouldn't have anything left for the actual private without adding tokens and that would make him less likely to spend on her.

That said, I still find myself uncomfortable (as posted in other threads) with the idea of models being able to see a member's token balance. I mean, some kind of indication that they are not a freeloader is good but I don't agree with them seeing the actual balance. While the sum in question here is insignificant and he should have just tipped it, I've been pressured before when the token balance was very high and it's an uncomfortable discussion to have to have. I've since learned to only add what I need when I need it or accept that I'm going to tip the lot before leaving.
Seems like you visit the wrong rooms then

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Seems like you visit the wrong rooms then
A lot of the issue could be solved by sites being more flexible in terms of the size of the blocks of tokens they sell. It's like an ATM spitting out $100 bills when the user might benefit more from 10 x $10.

For example, I won't enter a room if I cannot tip, and I won't haggle over a tip menu price or private rate. If having a visible token balance prevents someone from trying to get a cheap show or negotiating, when they could well just pay for it, that's a good thing.
I would never haggle over a pvt rate either. That's the ultimate in cheapness. I will enter a room for a brief visit when I'm not tipping but that's because I've built a relationship with a particular model and we both enjoy the social interaction in the knowledge that once a week I'll give her a decent tip or a long private. That's sort of the modus operandi on the two sites I visit her on which operate more on big but less frequent tips/private shows than sort of "drip feed" token sites like CB. Both the sites I visit her on are also often quiet so she appreciates the company. I know that differs with sites like chaturbates where the rooms have hundreds of viewers at a time.

a blue-collar schmuck with a Latina fetish.
As a latin american, I wanted to vomit when I read this. This is racist and disgusting.

I also get the feeling that your "fetish" has more to do with the low prices.

No one can see your actual token balance, you're either above us in the user list or below us in the user list.

If I made 100 tokens and you come in and you have 88 tokens in your balance, you'll be below my name in the user list and I won't waste time negotiating or paying much attention to you.

Hurts, but it's true. We're here to make money, not friends.

What's a decent tip? It seems like users and models have different things in mind when it comes to this. A long private for what, if its below 90tk/min then it really means...not that much considering models can earn much much more staying in public chat at times🙂
Of course, I'm sure all of us are happy with any tip. It's just that you, and many others on here like to mention "decent tipping" "long privates" and all that, and it's getting a bit annoying.

She is charging super cheap per minute for a private so it is understandable that she requires a bigger tip upfront, although I think 888 a little steep personally. As cam models, it's a hard slog sometimes to make money, especially this time of year so I really don't think posting the girls pic on here is appropriate!

What's a decent tip? It seems like users and models have different things in mind when it comes to this. A long private for what, if its below 90tk/min then it really means...not that much considering models can earn much much more staying in public chat at times🙂
Of course, I'm sure all of us are happy with any tip. It's just that you, and many others on here like to mention "decent tipping" "long privates" and all that, and it's getting a bit annoying.
Well it's not meant to be annoying. The model I mainly visit uses a site where public chat isn't that productive at all and where the private show is still the main source of cash from what I can see (and what she tells me). Obviously models and members are going to have differing views of what is a decent tip but I'm pretty sure I tip well enough and don't insult her. She wouldn't be backwards in coming forwards if she thought I did.

lol i just realized this is the same dude complaining about stripchat having higher token prices than chaturbate. no shit he would have issues with models charging 888 tokens plus the per-minute rate. like its one thing to have a budget, but to shame others for having higher rates than you prefer.

also in before "having a preference isnt racist!"

For example, I won't enter a room if I cannot tip, and I won't haggle over a tip menu price or private rate.

Same here. And while I’ve never been a price haggler in any setting, I always feel like it would be extra insulting to haggle about a cam model’s pricing for tip menu items or private shows.

No matter how a haggler tries to explain it, there’s an implied message of “not worth it.” So immediately, your haggle/price objection is built on an insulting premise. Best to just say thank you and leave if the price doesn’t agree with your budget or your appetite.

That said, I still find myself uncomfortable (as posted in other threads) with the idea of models being able to see a member's token balance.

MyFreeCams gives members the option to hide their token balance.

lol i just realized this is the same dude complaining about stripchat having higher token prices than chaturbate. no shit he would have issues with models charging 888 tokens plus the per-minute rate. like its one thing to have a budget, but to shame others for having higher rates than you prefer.
ormcjer75.jpg

Best to just say thank you and leave if the price doesn’t agree with your budget or your appetite.
And some members will try to guilt performers, arguing that so and so does this and that for $1, why should I charge what I do for my show? Implying that it's the same "product," so should cost the same price. But if it was really all the same to them, they'd be there paying that performer. 🤔

I feel like there's a flock forming around me screaming "we got one, girls! FINISH HIM!!", so I'd better slink out of this one with my peepee between my legs :giggle:
Nope you're just stupid and rude 🤷‍♀️
Go back to the tube sites where you belong ... peasant.

My Bad Toodles GIF by Women's History

MyFreeCams gives members the option to hide their token balance.
Definitely a good option to have although I'm sure there are users who walk around waving their token balance in models faces as well so I don't think all members will necessarily share my view. Of course, if it's optional then that's ideal.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Dont think you afford my finishing rates. But if thats what you want: audritwo.cammodels.com
Oh my goodness you made it twitch, could it be I have a latent femdom fetish to add to the list?! PM please and let's haggle :inlove:

Definitely a good option to have although I'm sure there are users who walk around waving their token balance in models faces as well so I don't think all members will necessarily share my view. Of course, if it's optional then that's ideal.

Yup, and sometimes I notice that it's the members with the large token amount visible who wind up acting the most entitled...like they think I'm gonna kiss their ass and do free shit for them while they wave their tokens in front of me (never tipping a thing) like it's a Scooby snack and I'm Scooby Doo. 😂

Social Media Lol GIF by Shalita Grant

There are a lot of posts that talk about 1tk tippers and 2 minute private sessions, give or take actual numbers. You get the idea. Sometimes when there is a run of them it can create a subtle atmosphere that models feel most members are like that. By subtle I mean that forum members may not even be consciously aware of it. This can create a minor sense of insecurity and a desire to separate themselves from that group in the minds of the models. I think it's a normal defense since, with exception of posters like Vivo, we want to be seen in a positive light by the models posting on here. Since we may not interact with many of the models online adding things like decent tip or long private may come out in the post without us really thinking about why we said it.

I understand it can be annoying if someone is obviously throwing it in as bragging or they do it frequently. Sometimes it starts sounding like fawning or very defensive, like they are trying to convince themselves. However I think that's the minority and most poster's hearts are in the right place.

Or I could be completely wrong. Just a thought.

The most irritating thing on earth to me is a long private. I'd much rather play in public with all of your tokens than try to play mind reader and figure out what the hell you want in private. In public I have a very obvious tip menu that excludes fetishes I'm not okay with. But guys get het up about "giving free shows to other guys". You're not giving them a free show, you're supporting me where I feel most comfortable.

The most irritating thing on earth to me is a long private. I'd much rather play in public with all of your tokens than try to play mind reader and figure out what the hell you want in private. In public I have a very obvious tip menu that excludes fetishes I'm not okay with. But guys get het up about "giving free shows to other guys". You're not giving them a free show, you're supporting me where I feel most comfortable.

I actually used to like long private shows. However, I would only do them with members I had some sort of rapport with so I knew it’d be 1-2 hours of guaranteed money and that they wouldn’t be demanding or high maintenance.

I actually used to like long private shows. However, I would only do them with members I had some sort of rapport with so I knew it’d be 1-2 hours of guaranteed money and that they wouldn’t be demanding or high maintenance.
I only take privates from fan club members but yeah that's exactly it until it became newbies trying to always get it in and I was like "mmm you really don't understand how this room works".

As a latin american, I wanted to vomit when I read this. This is racist and disgusting.

I also get the feeling that your "fetish" has more to do with the low prices.

I get the feeling that he is just a troll, actually. And that he is a loser who looks for free thrills on camsites.

Yeah, that "Latina fetish" comment is completely disgusting. And it's clear that he likes the thought of exploiting models from Latin America.

Yup, and sometimes I notice that it's the members with the large token amount visible who wind up acting the most entitled...like they think I'm gonna kiss their ass and do free shit for them while they wave their tokens in front of me (never tipping a thing) like it's a Scooby snack and I'm Scooby Doo. 😂

Damn, they sound like pathetic little assholes.

I have to say, I've never had any concerns about giving other guys a free show. I can see what you are saying about preferring to stay in public but there are token sites where there isn't necessarily a huge audience in the room and where private shows are still the main source of income from what I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.