AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

One of life's weird little coincidences...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the issue could be solved by sites being more flexible in terms of the size of the blocks of tokens they sell. It's like an ATM spitting out $100 bills when the user might benefit more from 10 x $10.

I know it’s been said before that I sing MyFreeCams’ praises a lot on this forum. 😂 And after noticing your post, I wanted to remind you and others that on MFC premium members have the option to buy smaller token packages. I had posted a screenshot of it somewhere before, and the cheapest token package is like $2-something. This option can especially come in handy for the members who say things like “I really wanna see your tits, but I’m out of tokens. I get paid next Friday.” I tell them they can just go to the smaller tokens package menu to buy 40 tokens right now for a few bucks.

I know it’s been said before that I sing MyFreeCams’ praises a lot on this forum. 😂 And after noticing your post, I wanted to remind you and others that on MFC premium members have the option to buy smaller token packages. I had posted a screenshot of it somewhere before, and the cheapest token package is like $2-something. This option can especially come in handy for the members who say things like “I really wanna see your tits, but I’m out of tokens. I get paid next Friday.” I tell them they can just go to the smaller tokens package menu to buy 40 tokens right now for a few bucks.

Good to point out to people but I just wonder how many users who say that really are not tapped out or just looking for a freebee? Come on, if they can't just click-click $19.99 then they can't afford to be running around on mfc, at least not that night.

Good to point out to people but I just wonder how many users who say that really are not tapped out or just looking for a freebee? Come on, if they can't just click-click $19.99 then they can't afford to be running around on mfc, at least not that night.
Isn't that the point though, with being able to buy tokens for as low as a couple of bucks?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
And SC has a 90 token pack for $9.99 USD.

But not everyone wants to spend that much money on tokens each time they reload. I love that MFC has the smaller tokens package options. I used that earlier example because I had a member tell me he wanted to see my tits (Actually he said that he was sitting in my chat waiting to see my tits, and that remark annoyed tf outta me). So I told him he can go ahead and buy 40 tokens right now to tip me for a “bouncing tits” flash. I was very surprised that he actually did it!

But not everyone wants to spend that much money on tokens each time they reload. I love that MFC has the smaller tokens package options. I used that earlier example because I had a member tell me he wanted to see my tits (Actually he said that he was sitting in my chat waiting to see my tits, and that remark annoyed tf outta me). So I told him he can go ahead and buy 40 tokens right now to tip me for a “bouncing tits” flash. I was very surprised that he actually did it!

No, no, I understood what you were saying, and I'm glad that it worked out for you in that example. I was saying that I can imagine people saying that they're broke as a way not to pay. And I do think that if 200 tks is a strain at the time for someone then waiting would be the better option.

I was saying that I can imagine people saying that they're broke as a way not to pay.

People do that too. That's nothing new for cam models to have to deal with. But their sob stories (or "It's my birthday today!" claims...or claims that they're in the military) won't get them freebies from me.

People do that too. That's nothing new for cam models to have to deal with. But their sob stories (or "It's my birthday today!" claims...or claims that they're in the military) won't get them freebies from me.

Yeah, when I researched going into camming I notised that there are quite a few sketchy users out there. It's one thing for someone to be short on funds but people full of shit over Dunkin Donuts money are just stupid assholes.

Last edited:
That discussion will polarise viewers forever, and I'm not assuming or judging anyone's reasoning for being reluctant to have their token amount known.
Personally, I don't have any problem with my balance being visible to models, but I think strong boundaries are as important for viewers as they are for models.
For example, I won't enter a room if I cannot tip, and I won't haggle over a tip menu price or private rate. If having a visible token balance prevents someone from trying to get a cheap show or negotiating, when they could well just pay for it, that's a good thing.
If someone's in a room while waiting for another model to start their show, or while they're busy in private, IMO they should still tip something to show appreciation.
There's been some recent threads about guys trying to hide their activity from other models. Sure there can be jealousy at play, but that's where the boundaries ought to come in; a viewer shouldn't promise a model monogamy if they intend to spread their tokens around, and a viewer's monogamy shouldn't be expected by the model either.
But that's just my view, and I doubt it will ever become a feature of sites like CB. There will always be those who want to get the most in return for the least, especially when you can watch as an unregistered viewer.
Interesting stuff. I generally agree with what you say about when users should tip and how they should not haggle, etc. I got a little confused about tipping when waiting for a private to end or for a model to start (I thought you meant tipping the model in the private vs the "second choice" model being visited), but upon understanding it I agree with that one too

I think it would be a lot easier if users always remember that models are there to work with lots of users, not just them no matter what they tip and for models to assume that users are visiting and tipping other models and leave it at that. It would get rid a lot of sort of dysfunctional behavior that way. It isn't the kind of thing that really ever needs to come up otherwise. I totally agree that users shouldn't lie about "monogamy" to a model and I feel like models probably should not ask about it ("do you tip other models?")

As for the tokens being visible and such, I find it just eliminates a whole lot of things to be able to keep it hidden. I think models like are on this forum (professionals who approach their work as such) can have that information and still treat users consistently and fairly. But there are lots of models who are not there yet in terms of professionalism and knowing that causes hard feelings ("why did he tip only a moderately good tip when he has XXXX in his account?" or "He had XXXX tokens in his account this morning and now he has XXXX - 4000, wtf?" I get it, perfect world none of these situations would come up, but they do. And yes, users can go to different rooms but sometimes you don't know you are in the wrong room until it is too late.

I hide my level on Stripchat too, and recently I was reminded why I do it. A user came buzzing through a couple rooms I visit and was spending like crazy. I saw him on Sunday and he was was level 60, then saw him less than a week later and he was level 71. It is none of my business how much this guy spends on tokens but at a certain point it is hard not to make the connection. I stay a consistent level 35 all the time - not too much attention when I enter rooms and I can just be a part of things without the hard sell. Again, I know that the best models are great at treating users fairly and consistently, but that is not always the experience. I like holding that stuff close to the vest. I generally stay in invisible mode too (but, yes, I still tip in every room I spend any amount of time in even though I could get away with freeloading)

I got a little confused about tipping when waiting for a private to end or for a model to start (I thought you meant tipping the model in the private vs the "second choice" model being visited), but upon understanding it I agree with that one too
yeah maybe I didn't phrase that part so well.... just meant that as a moderator on CB, I see so many guys bail out as soon as the model takes a private, then check in again every so often, and return to stay when she's back. So many of them would be going into another model's room to keep their interest levels up (!) while the first one's in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.