AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Online or offline tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This question came to mind after seeing a few models asking for offline tips for various things. What do you models enjoy more: online tips or offline tips?

I know that all tips are worth the same to the model and that offline tips don't affect the camscore any differently than online tips (except for maybe when the model is taking days off). But with that said, do you models feel differently about one over the other?

Its like getting flowers :) thats how I think of it. I view them as it being a nice way of knowing I got someones attention and kept it long enough for them to think of me when there was a smorgasboard of other girls on, and I was not.

When I was on MFC, I loved offline tips simply to try & keep my cam score afloat. Now that I don't have to worry about it, like Alexa7 said, it's just cool to know people are thinking about me or willing to trust me that whatever countdown their tipping for before I get on cam WILL happen. :)

Getting an offline tip makes me feel super special and thought of. It means a lot that someone can send a token of appreciation without me having to be on camera showing them something for it. It's the only time you can be 150% sure that the person tipped you for YOU, and not to get attention or recognition in front of the crowd of people in your public chat room. ALSO, when trying to hold a spot in the top 20, getting offline tips to stay where you are is essential. Especially in the first week and a half of the month, when the list is so volatile. If you go 14 hours with no tips, and the girls behind you on the list are online, it's inevitable that you will be passed, then have to work that much harder to return to that spot when you get back online. It's frustrating and disheartening, thus, girls who are going for rank ask for offline tips, as well as hope for a successful session on cam, daily.

That being said... I wouldn't want someone "saving tips for offline" if they are with me in my chat room. If I'm on, and you are planning to tip me, I would love to thank you in person, so to speak. Sitting on camera for an hour and getting no tips, then getting offline tips afterwards doesn't do anything positive for a camscore, either. I avoid doing any kind of discount for things if they are tipped offline (i.e. making pic sets cheaper if tipped offline, double raffle tickets if tipped offline, etc.) because if I'm online, I really need to keep the tokens flowing in to keep me motivated and keep the camscore from tanking. I don't want to give tippers a reason to "save" tokens for after I log off.

There are occasions where someone wants to tip and doesn't want it to count for a particular countdown... that's very sweet! Even though tipping offline certainly avoids them going to the public countdown, you could also just tip invisible and put a note on it for me to know it's "just for me and not the countdown".

So I think the question this thread is asking is "do you prefer online or offline tips." Hah, I guess I'm saying I prefer both. :D

I have no preference. Any tip makes me feel special and appreciated, and makes my time on camera and chatting with everyone worth it.

And like Amber, I have it listed that if someone wants their tip to NOT be for the countdown, or NOT be given a flash, they need to tell me. I put it as- I want to reach the countdown. I want to flash you. If you don't want me to, then i don't want to make you upset.

Still not sure on offline tips lowering the countdown goal... definitely would if they happen that day and I get on, because I tend to just look at my total for the day to see how close I am.

I don't have a preference, both make me feel really good. Offline tips are really nice for days when I'm not camming because it lets me know that I'm being thought of even when I'm not entertaining or hanging out. Tips before I get on cam for the day are also awesome -- puts me in an extra good mood for when I do get on cam that day ^_^

I like both. Hell, I'm just greedy :lol:

No, seriously, offline tips are great as a little bonus that boosts camscore and makes you go 'awww' as you know that people are thinking of you even when you're not on cam. Online ones are essential for me to stick around and do the shows i plan for. So, i think the simple answer is that if you want a model to know that you're thinking of them and appreciate what they do, tipping, whether online or offline, is a good way to make sure of this. Especially if you send a nice note with it. It's a bit like sending flowers...

I agree with Kittycat, Bohf. Pwease and spanks.

But yea, offline tips tend to trigger more of a warm and fuzzy feeling when I see them, because it means you might actually like me for me. All tips are fantastic though :)

Runts said:
Offline tips absolutely help a model's camscore -- as long as tokens per hour is still a component of camscore. If you get tokens while not being on cam at all, then your overall token per hour number will be better, obviously.
Unless then that person cannot tip you WHILE you're online, thus lowering your token flow while your cam is on. It all evens out in that sense.

Good topic that answered a question I had, so thanks all. I always wondered if it was added value or more of a "thinkin of U" type thing.

You know..

1892.jpg

Both - I would say that it's a toss up due to the fact that a lot just sit there and dont tip or cant or wont but they sit there for entire show anyways - Others are very good and will tip during shows and again offline to let me know they are thinking about me and that's awesome. You know you've made some kind of an impact on someone in a positive way when you have received an offline tip :)

Both are cool. I like online tips because it means I have interaction going on in my room (whether I'm doing anything or not) and offline tips are cool as well. I normally get offline tips if I haven't been on cam often, or I get on at a different time for the day and someone misses me and sends an offline tip instead.

But really.. a tip with some sort of hilarious/awesome comment is the best, no matter how much the tip was. I am easily entertained and will absolutely be amused by several 1 token tips with funny comments written for them.

Then again, I use MFC as my supplementary cash source to help me get those last few bucks here and there for bills, school, etc. so I'm not a broke lame-ass so I don't really push for tips. I just throw the idea out there and whoever feels like it can take the catch.

Offline tips are definitely like getting flowers, it's really sweet to log on and see that someone was thinking about you and tipped you just because they like you. I have a regular who has been tipping me every day I haven't been online this week and every single time I check my mail it makes me smile and really feel special. Also, I found that it helps my cam score not drop when I take a couple days off due to too much school work/life. But, that being said, I wouldn't want to JUST get offline tips, when you're online and working and not getting anything, it becomes really stressful and upsetting. So I prefer online tips for the most part, offline tips are just super sweet little ways to show that I'm being thought about and special :)

alexa7 said:
Its like getting flowers :) thats how I think of it. I view them as it being a nice way of knowing I got someones attention and kept it long enough for them to think of me when there was a smorgasboard of other girls on, and I was not.

Yeah totally agree, it is what i feel when i see mfc mail with tips :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.