AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Opinions anyone???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time I see a propaganda piece that includes the ravings of Alex Jones and Glenn Beck, I suspect and call bullshit. I will say that "Homeland Security" needs to be dismantled; under GWB people were in constant panic mode and that is what allowed it to be passed by Congress in the first place, and yes, Bush oversaw a partial dismantlement of Constitutional guarantees. The bills that modified the posse comitatus act need to be retracted.

Thanks 4 replying Nordling.

OK here's my opinion...

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
People who don't know their rights, can't fight to keep them secure, because how can someone fight for something they don't know they have.
And a country that doesn't have transparency in their government, is in the greatest danger of tyranny.

Reactions: Nordling
I tried to watch the video, but the paranoid delusions it contained were too tedious for me to put up with. I will never understand why people are so afraid the federal government will take over the country they already have total dominion over. Besides they should be way more concerned about the corporations cutting out their hired political stooges and taking over directly.

eBNud.jpg

Reactions: Nordling
Smells like treasonbagger republitard nonsense.

Paulie Walnuts said:
Smells like treasonbagger republitard nonsense.
Really? that bad huh? well everyone is entitled to their opinion. that's what makes this country great. though I may disagree with what u have to say, I will fight to the death ur right to say it.

I'd like to add that although there is always a danger of fascism (defined as the merging of government and corporations), I sure wish more SANE people would do the warnings. Alex jones, Glenn Beck are both certifiable. Conspiracy Theorists like them and many others makes any REAL dangers invisible.

For a calmer look at future dangers, read "The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism" by Naomi Klein.

Glenn Beck is a straight media whore, shill, fake... well you get the point. Although Alex Jones sure can make a mountain out of a mole hill, I believe that he is at least sincere. Glenn Beck is a total sell out.

Its shit like this that makes me quite glad I live in England,

Our wildlife aint too wild, we aint gonna get hunted down and savaged by a pack of Squirrels
and our wackos aint too wacko

There seems a great deal of common sense in both religion and politics in England that seems completely absent in the US. I'm quite glad that under a Conservative government the "special relationship" isn't quite as special anymore.

Don't get me wrong I love America, Its culture and most of the people, It just seems a great proportion of the people with any kind of influence are warmongering idiots

Well, I've watched it.

Not sure how much of it I can trust is really true. But I do know that something has been deeply wrong with our government for a long time. This claims it's been wrong for longer than I thought. I don't know. I do know that it's wrong now.

I totally agree with the idea that the federal government is not supposed to be a big government, that most of the power is supposed to reside with the states. Ever since I've followed any policy at all, every law I've heard about that's supposed to "normalize" things across state lines I have been against. But most people are for them, because they don't want to have to relearn the laws in every state.

But elsewhere on this forum I have already stated what I believe the law should state about a lot of things.

Advertisements, conspiracy theories, election debates and political appearances are all just distractions. I can't watch them myself because they leave my brain set in defeatist mode. None of these are tools to leave you informed. The goal is to woo viewers. When someone has something to gain from you, it's important to look at actions because words are often biased for their own gain.

Yes. There are terrible things in our Government and our World that aren't likely to change anytime soon. Figuring out what you can improve, staying as informed as possible and taking whatever small actions you can manage is more productive than dwelling on things that we have no power over. Being a bit irreverent helps me get by. :twocents-02cents:

sweetiebatman said:
Its shit like this that makes me quite glad I live in England,

Our wildlife aint too wild, we aint gonna get hunted down and savaged by a pack of Squirrels
and our wackos aint too wacko

There seems a great deal of common sense in both religion and politics in England that seems completely absent in the US. I'm quite glad that under a Conservative government the "special relationship" isn't quite as special anymore.

Don't get me wrong I love America, Its culture and most of the people, It just seems a great proportion of the people with any kind of influence are warmongering idiots

I saw this a few days ago, and waited to respond so I could give a thoughtful and measured response: This is the silliest fucking thing I have seen posted in quite sometime.

You certainly have the right to believe what you want, but the type of generalizations you made are ridiculous. It would be the same as if I said that all Brits are on the dole and sit on their sofas eating fish & chips while speaking to each other in effete Noel Coward accents.

sweetiebatman said:
common sense in both religion and politics
Yeah, like how things are so great in N. Ireland. Like the growing Muslim problem. Like the Cash for Influence, the Cash for Honours, and the Parliamentary expenses scandals (to name a few). The finger pointing should probably start in one's backyard.

Do mistakes happen in America? Sure, everyday. Furthermore, there is no country today that can claim any moral highground. One thing to remember: With great power, there is grave responsibility...and the mistakes made will be greater as well. History is littered with examples of this. You might want to check out: British Empire, History of. We are still trying to fix some of those mistakes.

I'm glad you are happy that the "special relationship" isn't so special anymore. Maybe I should be happy as well, since it's been a one-way street. With America giving and England taking. Like "Lend-Lease", without which, you would most likely be speaking German. Does this mean that our friends should turn a blind-eye to our mistakes and excesses? Not at all. But I do expect a tiny bit of "benefit of the doubt", and not for our friends to jump on the bandwagon of haters.

You say you love America? Doesn't sound bloody likely. I, on the other hand, do love my country. Furthermore, I love England, the history, the culture, the many gifts they have given the world. I love the sterotype of the stalwart, ruddy-cheeked Englishman. The bull-dog persona of a man like Winston Churchill. We need more like him, not the do-nothings taking potshots from the sofa.

JickyJuly said:
Advertisements, conspiracy theories, election debates and political appearances are all just distractions. I can't watch them myself because they leave my brain set in defeatist mode. None of these are tools to leave you informed. The goal is to woo viewers. When someone has something to gain from you, it's important to look at actions because words are often biased for their own gain.

Yes. There are terrible things in our Government and our World that aren't likely to change anytime soon. Figuring out what you can improve, staying as informed as possible and taking whatever small actions you can manage is more productive than dwelling on things that we have no power over. Being a bit irreverent helps me get by. :twocents-02cents:

JickyJuly said:
Figuring out what you can improve, staying as informed as possible and taking whatever small actions you can manage is more productive than dwelling on things that we have no power over. Being a bit irreverent helps me get by.

Right on, BB!

Reactions: JickyJuly
JickyJuly said:

Agreed 100%

Reactions: JickyJuly
Ladies, if any of you didn't already know that American news is bullshit, and not news, then please read the article Erragal posted.

LadyLuna said:
Ladies, if any of you didn't already know that American news is bullshit, and not news, then please read the article Erragal posted.

America does not have news shows, we have entertainment shows. They twist and turn the story to get the view point their audience wants to hear, not the truth. They also seldom call politicians and corporations on their bullshit lies, because that would involve work and open them to possible slander charges.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Fox News will not be moving into Canada after all! The reason: Canada regulators announced last week they would reject efforts by Canada's right wing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to repeal a law that forbids lying on broadcast news.

Canada has news stations? :eek: Every time I visit there and turn on the news, it's all hockey and curling scores... and maybe some weather if there's time. :lol:

Every news station is biased and hardly limited to FOX stations.

mqUse.gif

Bocefish said:
Fox News will not be moving into Canada after all! The reason: Canada regulators announced last week they would reject efforts by Canada's right wing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to repeal a law that forbids lying on broadcast news.

Canada has news stations? :eek: Every time I visit there and turn on the news, it's all hockey and curling scores... and maybe some weather if there's time. :lol:

Every news station is biased and hardly limited to FOX stations.

mqUse.gif

But... Fox News keeps getting caught in their lies.

Bocefish said:
LOL, you can find just as many youtube clips about CNN or any other news network LIES, they're all biased.

FOX has been consistently #1 in viewership for the last 10 years, but like I said earlier THEY ARE ALL BIASED!

primetotallarge.jpg

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/10- ... ime_b25974
Oh yes I agree. I think that Fox just gets outed for it the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.