AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pay Per Hour

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Ok so I need to really get my site jump started. I want to do a pay per hour because at the moment I do not have the traffic I would
like but I have affiliates pushing sales and traffic.

What I am thinking about is doing an hourly pay as of right now I just need models to be on the site 24/7 so that the affiliates can really
push sales and traffic.

What would be a good price to pay models? Keep in mind that the models are not required to show anything for the hourly pay...all they
need to do is show up! Spend 4 - 6 hours online at a scheduled time. They can work other sites also and they can receive tips and
do privates shows along with getting the hourly pay.

Thoughts please.

I heard about sites that payed $ 1 per hour online, but models never got payed. I you prove your serious with payments models will slowly come, word will get out there.

No one really pays per hour...but when you do suggest it...you get answers like
$6 - $9 an hour...I mean wow...a lot would have to come with that kind of money
per hour. One girl wanted $10 an hour!

wickvid said:
I don't understand why that surprises you.

depends really. Are you offering a place for them to work, along with a selection of toys and wardrobe? Or are you offering home-camming where everything is provided by the model?
I do studio work and home camming. In total I'm on 3 sites.
I work on a base of $50/hr +30% commissions or $5/min where I make an average of $85/hr. Each site I'm on offers something different.
$10/hr would have to offer me a lot of incentive...such as heavy traffic to my site, video & pic sales, off line tipping and a high commission rate.

wickvid said:

sounds pretty reasonable to me..

wickvid said:

If there isn't a guarantee of making money on tips or pvts, then 6-9 or 10$ an hour is pretty much near minimum wage here. I make 11$ an hour at an hourly job which is basically entry level.

I'm luvin it! :-D

Yea for top girls who are making four figures a week. I could see them not wanting to work per hour. As there is really no way to
match what they are currently making. If you are making money like Dana and Amber...I don't expect you to even put my URL in
your browser.

Paying someone $50 and hour when you don't have the traffic is a lose lose situation. I will explain it like this. What we are looking
for is the broadcast of live webcams with females on them. They don't have to be NUDE they don't need toys. All they have to do
is split their stream to another website and get paid for it. And maybe say hi when they see someone enter their chat. Don't ignore
anyone who comes into the room.

Your are not bound exclusively to the site either. I don't expect Top 100 MFC girls to do it...although it would be extra money and
where I come from...extra money for none of the work is a good thing. If a model is only making $300 or $400 a week. Broadcast your
signal across my site and earn and extra $50 a week. $200 a month.

wickvid said:
I'm luvin it! :-D
[snip]
They don't have to be NUDE they don't need toys. All they have to do
is split their stream to another website and get paid for it. And maybe say hi when they see someone enter their chat. Don't ignore
anyone who comes into the room.
[snip]
Your are not bound exclusively to the site either. I don't expect Top 100 MFC girls to do it...although it would be extra money and
where I come from...extra money for none of the work is a good thing. If a model is only making $300 or $400 a week. Broadcast your
signal across my site and earn and extra $50 a week. $200 a month.

Hrm. I'm not sure I understand your biz plan. I get that you need traffic to start somewhere, but you do need to think about the content and quality. Not needing to be nude is ok, but the girls won't make much and you may have a net loss on your hands from them.
I personally don't split my stream because it reduces the quality and I feel that people pay for quality and expect it. Hence the HD webcam and biz-class high-speed internet.
If you're running at split-stream only/primary and asking that models 'maybe say hi when they see someone enter their chat', aren't you only producing low grade product? If I came to a site as a customer and saw a majority of models not paying attention to their room and pixelated cams, I wouldn't be inclined to stay.
Wouldn't it be better to pay a few models a higher rate for better quality than a lot of models for the scraps of their attention? Especially ones that are networking productively already through social media?
(sorry, sometimes I need to put that MBA to use...)

Having the first impression of your site be of girls who are paying 100% attention to any customer that comes along might be worth the extra money up front. Pay a girl $10/hour to be solely on your site for x amount of time instead of telling her to keep making money on her other sites while just sitting on yours. Just my :twocents-02cents: .

Dana beat me to it. :)

Quality over quantity sometimes works out in your favor. I think that's what we're tryin to say. If you act cheap to begin with, gonna be hard to move up from that in the future.

From another model in a webcam forum:

the last site i worked for that paid hourly, tanked.

before they tanked they were paying the models 10 an hour plus comission up to 30 hours. they started losing money. so they dropped the models hourly. pissed off alllll the models. all the models quit.

be careful with this. they werent.

That is exactly what I don't want to happen. $10 an hour is totally unsustainable unless you have deep pockets to begin with.
And then you come to that crossroad where you have to pay money for advertisement or pay more money for $10 an hour models.
Realistically you would need a $250,000 budget just for the models alone. If you had 5 $10 an hour model each doing 28 hours a
week...you would be at $5600 a week...$22,400 a month. My affiliate team would have to 160 sales a day and only have 5 models
to work with only 1 model per shift...

I can get them to sell like crazy with 3 or more models on at a time. 1 model will never cut it. Sorry but this is a pure case of
quantity over quality. If we have a live and thriving website at least we can build on it...and make changes for better quality
as the site gains members. Going for quality will be a death certificate.

Besides most models I know split their cam feed...half the girl on MFC split their feed. For some not splitting means not getting paid.

Anyone know of a site that pays $10+ and hour?

I was under the impression that the models would be told it's a temporary thing and put a very clear time frame on it. In no way would I say pay per hour is suitable for long-run.

AmberCutie said:
I was under the impression that the models would be told it's a temporary thing and put a very clear time frame on it. In no way would I say pay per hour is suitable for long-run.

You are correct there is a time from and no pay per hour is not suitable for the long-run...but...there maybe a way to make it a long-run
thing...I guess we will see what happens...

Oh and danavixen...I know a few girls on another forum that want to know where you work at!

wickvid said:
AmberCutie said:

You are correct there is a time from and no pay per hour is not suitable for the long-run...but...there maybe a way to make it a long-run
thing...I guess we will see what happens...

Oh and danavixen...I know a few girls on another forum that want to know where you work at!
There's a link to her website in her sig. On that website there are links to yet other websites.

wickvid said:

Kink is a Studio specializing in BDSM. The work I do there would scare a lot of people. I kinda like getting hit with a cattle prod, but not everyone does. The other two sites I work for are listed on my webcam section, however, I'm under agreement to not divulge which one pays me what :) But it's possible other girls can earn what I do.
I'm able to command these prices because of basic customer service and attention to detail. Even when I was on MFC, I earned about $50/hr. I just got tired of the crashes.

I'm a firm believer in investing for a good foundation in order to create a welcoming environment. I never spend much time in cam rooms where it becomes apparent the model is split streaming. That's really the wrong way to make money--pulling a larger audience vs. dedicating to the ones in front of you.
But that's just me. This won't work for everyone, but it does seem the models who earn a good living do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.