AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Paying taxes on income from Chaturbate in Colombia

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2022
I want to give some extra support to a girl from Colombia, so I was planning on asking her to create a new account so I can sign up using her referral link for the 20% revenue share, and there are two questions I have in connection to this.

1. Is she allowed to have two accounts? I think it's allowed, and the reason she needs another one is that she's with a studio, and studio accounts are not eligible for the affiliate program.

2. What about taxes? It won't really be of any help to her if she gets slammed with taxes, so does anyone know how this works? It's mainly going to be the referral income, but I'm also going to try to do some short private shows, so it doesn't look like some sort of scam to the page.

Referral income should be no different than receiving tips on CB as far as tax purposes go. Models can have more than one account, though I have no idea how studios factor in all that. I think you are overthinking this.

Referral income should be no different than receiving tips on CB as far as tax purposes go. Models can have more than one account, though I have no idea how studios factor in all that. I think you are overthinking this.
There's only two things in life that are certain, death and taxes, if someone earns money, the gov't will want a piece of it, although I can see how they might turn a blind eye, since it's a good export. Though, living in Europe, I obviously don't have an intricate understanding of laws and practices regarding taxation in Colombia, I guess it would generally be handled by studios. I tried asking an independent model about ti once, but I don't really think she understood the question, because she started talking about the cut that CB takes which isn't what I meant, and I never got an answer out of her. Maybe I am overthinking it, but I want to make totally sure that it doesn't backfire.

Sidenote: That independent model was so cool, she used to be a labour organizer at her studio, she basically made the girl into a union, and if the boss made a rule she didn't like she talked to the girls and then went to the boss and said that if you implement this, we all walk.

Just tip her more on the studio account, sure the studio gets a cut, but she will not have to deal with the hassle.

Colombia has 7 income rates (0, 19, 28, 33, 35, 37 and 39). Most are going to fall in the 0% rate (less than $11.000USD give or take). The studio does not help with taxes.

I am not in law or accounting, so do not take what I write as fact.

although I can see how they might turn a blind eye, since it's a good export.
That's not how it works anywhere in the world I'm afraid, unless she is single handedly contributing hundreds of trillions of pesos to the Colombian economy by being naked on the internet. Colombia is a developed country with functioning government bodies (for the unwashed masses, at least), so if she has income she will eventually be "slammed with taxes". As mentioned above, you are overthinking this. Help her to more revenue and let her worry about the resulting paperwork.

Just tip her more on the studio account, sure the studio gets a cut, but she will not have to deal with the hassle.

Colombia has 7 income rates (0, 19, 28, 33, 35, 37 and 39). Most are going to fall in the 0% rate (less than $11.000USD give or take). The studio does not help with taxes.

I am not in law or accounting, so do not take what I write as fact.
There's a limit to how much money I have though, and this is a way I can get her a little extra without spending more. I can't sign up with a referral link from the studio account, as they are not eligible.

1. Ask the model what is best for her. She is the best judge of her tax situation and situation w her studio.

2. Do what she says.

It is not for members to worry about how models gets the most money. There are many reasons I might choose one method over another. "What's your preferred payment method?" Is a great question. You could also say "if you created a new account I would be happy to sign up with your referral link" that's all you need to do. Let her manage her own situation.

I was planning on asking her to create a new account so I can sign up using her referral link for the 20% revenue share, and there are two questions I have in connection to this.

1. Is she allowed to have two accounts? I think it's allowed, and the reason she needs another one is that she's with a studio, and studio accounts are not eligible for the affiliate program.

this is a way I can get her a little extra without spending more. I can't sign up with a referral link from the studio account, as they are not eligible.

Am I reading this right? You were planning on asking her to make a whole new account, which would have 0 followers - in an industry where traffic is a crucial part of her earnings - so you can give her 20% more without spending extra money?

dee.jpg

You may have good intent but this is impractical for her on many levels. I don't know a single person that has two separate account for revshare purposes. It's not worth it.

Am I reading this right? You were planning on asking her to make a whole new account, which would have 0 followers - in an industry where traffic is a crucial part of her earnings - so you can give her 20% more without spending extra money?

View attachment 92426

You may have good intent but this is impractical for her on many levels. I don't know a single person that has two separate account for revshare purposes. It's not worth it.
I think they planned using the 2nd account for the revshare only? And for her to keep streaming on her normal account.

@mira_leo I think so too, but I still think it's impractical. We also don't know how much OP would be paying - would it even hit a payout minimum on a new account?

In any case, it's her business if she says yes.

@mira_leo I think so too, but I still think it's impractical. We also don't know how much OP would be paying - would it even hit a payout minimum on a new account?

In any case, it's her business if she says yes.
Yeah it doesn't sound super practical but OP said studio accounts are not eligible for revshare program so yeah

View attachment 92426

I didn't intend for her to actually run two accounts, but studio accounts are not eligible for the affiliate program, so she has to make another, and I'd just do a 5 min pvt on that account each month when she has time, so it's literally an active account (although I'm not sure even that would be needed), and I spend a fair amount on tokens each month, so it would be more than a pittance paid out, She'd basically just need to collect checks a few times a year, I don't see how that would be a major hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.