AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

People come in, leave, come in, and leave quickly on Chaturbate?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2018
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@JoshHeavens69
Chaturbate Username
Josh_Heavens
Is this a normal thing to see?
Because most of the users who have tokens but don't tip come in my room and stay for a while.

While the purple and dark purple users come in, leave, come in again, then leave again?

I'm assuming that it might be a bug? Or maybe it's that my connection is shitty?

But I have seen my own broadcasts from my phone and another laptop from the house and there seems to be NO connection issues??

Does anyone else go through this? Is it a bug, my connection, or simply that I'm new and people don't stay for longer than 10 seconds?? what the hell is going on LOL

This happens all the time to models on free/public chat sites, and trust me...we find it annoying too. But I bet if they pop in your room while you're in the middle of a tit or ass flash, they stick around to see that part though, right? Then they'll leave once you're done. I know, it's annoying.

I tend to not pay attention to who comes into the room, unless it's a username I know or find so funny that I can't help but point it out.
I give the most attention to those who tip, and those who chat publicly.
I have guests and basics muted though.
Usually PMs are full of guys who want you to help them get off, but aren't willing to tip anything. I find it a distraction but I haven't worked out how to limit who can PM me yet. T.T

Reactions: Joshiee
Turn off the chat notifications for users upon entry/exit and there will be an uptick in peace of mind.

Just did this. Didn't realize this was something that bothered me so much. I kinda knew it, but didn't fixate on it and decided it's part of the job. But, now that there's an option to eliminate when someone enters/leaves , it's all too clear how much stress this will reduce.

Thanks for taking your time to respond.

I am new to becoming a part of the webcam community but I figured there can only be a benefit for us all if we all pitch in our two cents !

Reactions: Autumn Alexander
This happens all the time to models on free/public chat sites, and trust me...we find it annoying too. But I bet if they pop in your room while you're in the middle of a tit or ass flash, they stick around to see that part though, right? Then they'll leave once you're done. I know, it's annoying.

So true. haha
I figured my connection is fine because some people are able to stay without leaving for extended amounts of time.

These are my regulars.
But I have doubted that maybe these are the few that can connect well to my broadcast because so many people come and leave so quickly.

I appreciate the feedback as it will ease the uncertainty I have. I needed to hear that it wasn't just me who was experiencing this.

Thank you so much!!

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I tend to not pay attention to who comes into the room, unless it's a username I know or find so funny that I can't help but point it out.
I give the most attention to those who tip, and those who chat publicly.
I have guests and basics muted though.
Usually PMs are full of guys who want you to help them get off, but aren't willing to tip anything. I find it a distraction but I haven't worked out how to limit who can PM me yet. T.T

Great ideas!
I had originally decided to not mute greys as they are potential future REGS but, if they have a tendency to tip, they would have bought tokens anyways !!
SO screw it, I have decided to mute people who don't have tokens !!

Thanks so much for taking your time to give me invaluable advice !!

By the way you are super attractive lol ;D

• Hugs
Reactions: A Little Batty
It's pretty normal for people to pop in and out quickly, usually they're just sitting there clicking "next model" until they find someone doing what they want to see. If they're a high-tipping color and keep popping in and out, there's also a chance they're doing it to try to get you to notice them and give them free attention in hopes of tipping, which they will probably not do because they're the type that gets off on the power trip.

Reactions: Autumn Alexander
Is this a normal thing to see?
Because most of the users who have tokens but don't tip come in my room and stay for a while.

While the purple and dark purple users come in, leave, come in again, then leave again?

I'm assuming that it might be a bug? Or maybe it's that my connection is shitty?

But I have seen my own broadcasts from my phone and another laptop from the house and there seems to be NO connection issues??

Does anyone else go through this? Is it a bug, my connection, or simply that I'm new and people don't stay for longer than 10 seconds?? what the hell is going on LOL

I've actually had regular fans do this. They tell me it's because of the connection; most often, they're refreshing the page over and again, trying to get a better connection.

I always ignore who enters and leaves my chat unless it's a high-tipping regular or old-time fan - then I'll say hello to them. Otherwise, I only directly address viewers that type in the public chat first (my old mod made a great point that saying hello to random viewers by name is a bad idea - it can make them feel 'outed' despite the anonymity already in-place on a cam-site).

Reactions: SecurityResearcher
There is also something called a "scan cams" function. By using this users "flip" through chat rooms automatically making them appear and disappear fast. No idea how popular it is though. It's in the upper right corner of every chat room.

Good point. Totally forgot about this feature. It might not account for the same person entering and leaving over and over, but definitely can account for tons of traffic coming in and out.

Oh wow I never noticed "scan cams" so obviously never clicked it before. I new "next cam" was there but ignored it as I want to go to the main page (or category) and see the thumbs before entering the room.

It's pretty normal for people to pop in and out quickly, usually they're just sitting there clicking "next model" until they find someone doing what they want to see. If they're a high-tipping color and keep popping in and out, there's also a chance they're doing it to try to get you to notice them and give them free attention in hopes of tipping, which they will probably not do because they're the type that gets off on the power trip.

Didn't know about that feature.
I also watch cam models myself but usually go through the pages and xheck them out manually.
I bet this feature benefits the members who are generating high views at the time, featured members, and popular members, and perhaps new members.

Thanks for applying your input.

There is also something called a "scan cams" function. By using this users "flip" through chat rooms automatically making them appear and disappear fast. No idea how popular it is though. It's in the upper right corner of every chat room.

Lol that's crazy.
So in short, I shouldn't focus on these people.
Most of them coming in n out are not due to connection issues.
Thank you.

I've actually had regular fans do this. They tell me it's because of the connection; most often, they're refreshing the page over and again, trying to get a better connection.

I always ignore who enters and leaves my chat unless it's a high-tipping regular or old-time fan - then I'll say hello to them. Otherwise, I only directly address viewers that type in the public chat first (my old mod made a great point that saying hello to random viewers by name is a bad idea - it can make them feel 'outed' despite the anonymity already in-place on a cam-site).

Yeah that last part you talked about is something I've been going baxk n forth on. .
Since I'm new, i wonder if talking to them is what I need to do to gain a following.. but another part of me knows that this seems pushy and scares some people off.

What I am doing now instead is not talking to new people, but once I see them come time n time again then I talk to them.

Thanks for replying.

There are glitches on cb that cause connection problems for some people but not others, now I only know this through regulars that tell me when they are having these problems. They usually blame it on their own internet connection.

Yeah so I've heard.

But so far I have the people who engage with me becoming regulars and not having any connection issues ezcept for 1 member and I truly think it's his connection.

Thanks for your input.

Yeah that last part you talked about is something I've been going baxk n forth on. .
Since I'm new, i wonder if talking to them is what I need to do to gain a following.. but another part of me knows that this seems pushy and scares some people off.

What I am doing now instead is not talking to new people, but once I see them come time n time again then I talk to them.

Thanks for replying.

No problem. There's a thread around here somewhere about how to engage with and get viewers to talk. Lots of great advice over there. When you have a decent number of people in your room - even just 20 - say hello to everyone and ask how everyone is doing. Chances are, someone will respond and engage in discussion. You can take it from there - tell a story, talk about your weekend, whatever. Maybe add a sexy edge to it...

BTW, some unsolicited advice but I'd be remiss if I didn't share: Especially as a beginner, don't automatically rule out "grays"! Some grays have been my most loyal followers, encouraging people to tip, follow, telling them about my social media and content sites, telling newcomers how great my shows are, etc. Also, you never know when a gray will like you and go buy 1k tokens to drop on you (it's happened to all of us at some point in time). Perpetual grays might be freeloaders but - at the risk of sounding callous - you can 'use them' in return by getting them to keep your room fun and interesting, as a lot of them will chat a lot (in a relevant, helpful way, that is).

Side note: the kinds of grays to avoid - If you have regular grays who never tip but constantly request something or expect you to engage in direct conversation with them, then yes, go ahead and silence them. It'll annoy your tippers and eventually piss you off, too. E.g. I had a gray who would come into my room every day for two weeks (until I banned him). At first he was cool, offering a compliment here and there and occasionally encouraging people to follow. That's fine.

THEN...Slowly, he started calling me "Daddy" and asking me to talk about being his "Daddy"...then, the giant teddy bear GIFs started. It drove me insane. Other viewers found it obnoxious. This is what people should pay you for in a private show (which I told him; he responded that he could not afford it...too bad). Be careful not to fall for Chaturbaiting!! The second he started that crap, I knew he was trying to get a "fantasy for free" and banned him.

Best of luck! You'll do great if you interact with and follow the advice from the knowledgeable models that hang out here at ACF (and the stickied posts)!

One of my pet peeves related to this is when another model drops into your room for literally two seconds, then leaves. It’s pretty obvious it’s to try and get your audience over to their room and it’s super annoying!

One of my pet peeves related to this is when another model drops into your room for literally two seconds, then leaves. It’s pretty obvious it’s to try and get your audience over to their room and it’s super annoying!

before I knew it was rude, I used to pop into a bunch of models rooms under my model account just to peek and research! now I am more careful about not offending anyone.

before I knew it was rude, I used to pop into a bunch of models rooms under my model account just to peek and research! now I am more careful about not offending anyone.

I genuinely visit other models’ rooms if I like the look of them and tip them something, even if I’m not staying! I’ve met a few models that way and ended up chatting to them while we do our respective shows. My philosophy is that there are plenty of models and choice for everyone, although I know some don’t see it like that.

Reactions: emily rae
I think I read somewhere else too that this can be a way of getting a model to notice users... in general I try not to pm too much during my show unless I'm trying to arrange a special request, but at the same time I've considered sending pms to purple users... it's a bit confusing knowing what to do and what to not do

Same! I always go in for research but am scared I'm potentially affecting the models show so I just go incognito. :/

Reactions: CurvyJ
Yeah so I've heard.

But so far I have the people who engage with me becoming regulars and not having any connection issues ezcept for 1 member and I truly think it's his connection.

Thanks for your input.

the fireFox(client) has a bad habit to freeze and lag out. Chrome has less problems. And when of one of the broadcast servers of CB is having issues it freezes up also the client of Firefox.
Many many reasons where it bugs out in the stream that makes the customer to refresh.

• Helpful!
Reactions: CurvyJ
I peep and even tip aswell.I I just like watching and rooting for them and show my support with a tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.