AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pokemon Go!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, didn't mean to give you a bad rating (if you even saw it before I changed it) I blame my fat thumbs lol
Edit: so you did see it... oops

Reactions: JerryBoBerry

On topic I agree wholeheartedly with what he has to say. I've heard the stories of people getting hit by cars or crashing into poles and I want to say I'm shocked at the level of stupidity, but really it's not even remotely surprising. Banning the game wouldn't fix it, the people stupid enough to walk into traffic or use their phones while driving will just find other ways and reasons to endanger themselves, no need to ruin the fun for the rest of us.

I am pretty much over pokemon now :( Sad to say it.

I am level 21, the pokemon I am missing are evolutions of pokemon I already have but they happen to be too rare in my area and I am too far from making those happen to work toward that goal (still need 300 candy for Gyarados and have been trying from the start for example). Doesn't help that after spending days upon days looking everywhere for slowpokes for the candy to evolve a slowbro, and after finally evolving it you happen to stumble upon a slowbro in the wild, higher CP and better moves than the one you evolved. Makes you feel stupid having gone through all the trouble to evolve it.

Gyms are stupid and pointless when you play solo. Spend an hour of your time taking down a gym with 5 pokemon and when you finally make it you gain nothing other than putting your own critter up there for exactly 20 minutes. No matter how good your critter is it will be replaced quickly by another group of 6 pokemon simply because people are playing this game in parties now. I stand no chance playing solo and unlike previous games I don't even get anything for taking down a gym: no trophies, no experience, no rewards of any kind except maybe one more stupid medal you get every time you give a step in any direction.

I wish this game was better but it just isn't. After the initial rush and excitement of seeing pokemon floating in your living room there is not much for me to do anymore. I already exhausted the game 3 days after installing it. I don't suffer from ADHD either, I have been playing Hearthstone every day for 2 years and I still love the game.

I can see people getting burnt out, if they play a ton. For someone like me, who doesn't get to play very often, it's a fun thing to do for a while. I only just hit level 10, and ran into a friend of mine and his daughter at the Revolutionary War battlefield near where we live, and we talked and played for about an hour near 4 pokestops with lures on them at the battlefield. As a note, this is probably the most people that have been on that battlefield at one time when there wasn't a reenactment going on; there had to be over 100 people.

Like most mobile games, it's definitely not something I will see myself playing all the time. But, if I'm in historical areas, it might be fun to pull out to see local landmarks. Plus, I still have tons of pokemon to catch to fill my pokedex, so when I'm in different areas, I might catch some of them.

I'm at level 7 right now and I JUST caught a a CP 223 Slowpoke mere seconds ago, who is now my strongest Pokemon. My suburban neighborhood and my middle of nowhere office don't yield many Pokemon catching options or nearby Pokestops so I'm a little frustrated - but that makes going to places like shopping centers where there are a bunch of stops all the more exciting for me when I do it!

Reactions: Autumn_LoL and Gen
If you play the game for a large majority of the day, of course you're gonna get burnt out. It's a mobile game that's been out less than a week, a free one at that. I can't think of a single mobile game that doesn't get tedious and boring if you play it for hours a day.

You should definitely not be expecting something crazy in depth like the actual Pokemon games or something like WoW.

Most people don't have the luxury of working from home and only having to work a few hours a day like camgirls. And even the people that can check their phones can't just run out of the office to go catch a Pokemon down the street or spend the time checking gyms and what have you. It's perfectly suited for the "average" person that would work / be at school 8 hours a day that can only check the app an hour or two at most a day.

Also the whole point of the game is to socialize. Of course it's gonna be easier to get bigger rewards with parties. That's how almost all multiplayer games work. You sure as hell can't do endgame raids in WoW without a party / guild.

Also the whole point of the game is to socialize. Of course it's gonna be easier to get bigger rewards with parties. That's how almost all multiplayer games work. You sure as hell can't do endgame raids in WoW without a party / guild.

I can. I'm too good though.

• Funny!
Reactions: Autumn_LoL
Dude, I just saw this thread. My city is enormously active and all the gyms are ridiculous--- I, as a wee level 10, am not much of a competitive threat at this point but it has been an absolute blast from a social perspective. I just caught my first +500, a Tangela of all things, and I am so proud of myself, ha. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but the Pokemon Go subreddit is definitely worth checking out if it hasn't been mentioned.

EDIT:
Also, Valor 4 Lyfe. I fully embrace the douchiness.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Dude, I just saw this thread. My city is enormously active and all the gyms are ridiculous--- I, as a wee level 10, am not much of a competitive threat at this point but it has been an absolute blast from a social perspective. I just caught my first +500, a Tangela of all things, and I am so proud of myself, ha. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but the Pokemon Go subreddit is definitely worth checking out if it hasn't been mentioned.

EDIT:
Also, Valor 4 Lyfe. I fully embrace the douchiness.

The gyms in my city were STACKED pretty much immediately.
Me and a couple friends managed to take over a gym in the middle of the night in a more secluded area away from the city center and not even 10 minutes later a giant group of teenagers came running over from god knows where to take it back.:rofl:

Kind of tempted to just get all my pokemon super powerful then once school is back in session get all my other old lady friends together and fuck their shit up while they're busy learning things. They'll get out of class to find their gyms have been taken over by pokemon named things like Ethel or Blanche. Old lady uprising. :giggle:

Just got out a gym (where I worked out, not Pokemon lol) waiting to refresh a Pokestop to collect balls and try to catch a new Pokemon for Pokedex!

Other people can't see what you nickname your pokemon. I know, devastating.

Probably a good product decision. While most people use the renaming function for random nicknames/puns/functional sorting, I'm sure if these were public, some 2edgy4me teens would abuse this and use the most rude/lewd names at gyms and ruin the fun for everyone.

BUT, the trainer name IS visible. Maybe @NoelleBright & her squad can quickly switch to the other account option (google account -> pokemon trainer account, or vice versa) and grab the Ethel, Blanche, etc. names and level those accounts up.

Like just imagine the looks on kids faces after running their towns/cities all summer ... then getting home to make the rounds after school and Agnes and Edith dropped 2,000+ CP Gyarados or 3,000+ Dragonites in their gyms?!?!?!?!?!?

Laughing-Then-Crying-Gif-Tumblr-04.gif

Hey I'm team mystic , but my best friend is valor . I am level 17 pretty much 18 . I have taken over gyms plenty of times but the problem is I can't hold one longer than a couple hours and one day maybe like 6 hours. But I am 1 eevee away from completing my eevee-lutions . I heard about the nickname thing but forgot when i evolved my last vaporeon.i have so much star dust and could have them at a much higher CP but I'll save it for meow.i need more balls left and right since I haven't gotten out.

So I just got that last eevee:3

Attachments

• 1469030117065365097755.jpg
    1469030117065365097755.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Found a sweet location near where I live for pokestop farming. Basically I sit on the steps of the library which is one of them & the other is close enough to flick from there, yay! I just keep switching between facebook & collecting stuff every 5 minutes, lol.
Also couple questions.....1) I find that even when I have full strength wi-fi but my network signal is low the game bugs out on me. Shouldn't the wi-fi signal be more than enough? And 2) What's up with the egg hatching?? Sometimes it seems like when I'm on the bus the km goes up & sometimes it doesn't :confused:

Found a sweet location near where I live for pokestop farming. Basically I sit on the steps of the library which is one of them & the other is close enough to flick from there, yay! I just keep switching between facebook & collecting stuff every 5 minutes, lol.
Also couple questions.....1) I find that even when I have full strength wi-fi but my network signal is low the game bugs out on me. Shouldn't the wi-fi signal be more than enough? And 2) What's up with the egg hatching?? Sometimes it seems like when I'm on the bus the km goes up & sometimes it doesn't :confused:

Eggs are only suppose to hatch if going under like 5-10 miles per hour BUT there is definitely a glitch sometimes. Sometimes my roommate will have eggs hatch super quick while driving down the highway. For me, sometimes it doesn't count at all. I can walk downtown for hours with friends and sometimes they have their distance counted as double mine. It's all pretty wonky atm.

I am pretty much over pokemon now :( Sad to say it.

I am level 21, the pokemon I am missing are evolutions of pokemon I already have but they happen to be too rare in my area and I am too far from making those happen to work toward that goal (still need 300 candy for Gyarados and have been trying from the start for example). Doesn't help that after spending days upon days looking everywhere for slowpokes for the candy to evolve a slowbro, and after finally evolving it you happen to stumble upon a slowbro in the wild, higher CP and better moves than the one you evolved. Makes you feel stupid having gone through all the trouble to evolve it.

Gyms are stupid and pointless when you play solo. Spend an hour of your time taking down a gym with 5 pokemon and when you finally make it you gain nothing other than putting your own critter up there for exactly 20 minutes. No matter how good your critter is it will be replaced quickly by another group of 6 pokemon simply because people are playing this game in parties now. I stand no chance playing solo and unlike previous games I don't even get anything for taking down a gym: no trophies, no experience, no rewards of any kind except maybe one more stupid medal you get every time you give a step in any direction.

I wish this game was better but it just isn't. After the initial rush and excitement of seeing pokemon floating in your living room there is not much for me to do anymore. I already exhausted the game 3 days after installing it. I don't suffer from ADHD either, I have been playing Hearthstone every day for 2 years and I still love the game.
once the majority needs it the ones from gold and silver will be released.
so at 21 you are not getting the stardust and pokecoins in he store any more?

I'll be editing my video on Pokemon Go from a non-Pokemon fan's perspective tomorrow night. Hopefully it will be live by Saturday morning. I found a free screen recorder for Android to use to get game footage.

Oh, and I caught a Pikachu for the first time today as I walked out of work. :D

Have been intentionally avoiding this thread because I'm still bitter and resentful about my phone not supporting GO, but feel this needs to be in here.

I think I just saw the phenomena in action as I walked down the street. There were more groups of people than I can count (mainly 2-4 per group) all walking and looking at their cellphones. They would walk looking at their phone a bit and then look up to see where they were going, converse with the others looking at their phones and then look down at their phone again! Usually there are people with cellphones here walking down the street but they are mainly talking on the phone. It was the oddest thing I've seen, and kind of impressive! WOW.

Last edited:
For the Eevee-lution lovers that don't know, you can guarantee your preferred evolution by changing your eevee's nickname:

Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon

For the Eevee-lution lovers that don't know, you can guarantee your preferred evolution by changing your eevee's nickname:

Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon
You have to name it, then restart the app for it to work, a lot of people are forgetting that step.

Status
Not open for further replies.