AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private show repeat customers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
Something I got curious about while looking through my private show purchase history... I’d be curious to hear from members and models on this.

Members: If you buy private shows, do you often buy from the same model(s) repeatedly? Or do you mix it up with different models, or a little of both? And if you buy from the same model(s) repeatedly, do you change up the shows ever, or is it an “I know what I like” thing where you request the same activities every time?

Models: Do you find your private show customers to be a lot of the same members repeatedly or is there a good amount of “one-and-done” purchases?

Just curious what everyone’s experiences are.

For me, I’ve been buying private shows frequently for two years. The vast majority of the models were one-and-done purchases (I was happy with the show in almost every case, but I just like variety, I guess). There are a half dozen models I’ve bought from multiple times. And I tend to ask each model for the same things, but it’s interesting because the shows still end up being somewhat unique. Models often interpret the same request in slightly different ways, with different angles, etc.

The most private shows I’ve bought from any one model is 40 (no idea if that is a lot, comparatively). She has done business with me enough times that we confidently skip the “what do you want/what will you do?” pre-purchase dialogue and feel confident that everything will be fine & fun. But that’s an extreme anomaly (for me.) In her case, we definitely change up the shows and try different things. Despite my tendency to seek model variety, it’s kind of fun having this one great model who is game to try new things with me, but also knows my tastes well enough to not overdo it.

Thanks in advance for sharing your various perspectives.

These days I am pretty much "monogamous" :rofl: , but even back when I visited many models, I only ever had private shows with a few with whom I had some sort of rapport. Early on, I did try with "new" (to me) models, but generally felt "flat" (through no fault of the models) afterwards.

With those models I visited regularly, it was pretty much always the same (or slight variations of) mutually interesting (as far as I know ;) ) activities. Even between those models the activities were pretty much the same, but as you suggested, the same activities with different people are actually not exactly the same.

When I first began spending time on CB, I had a very mixed bag of experiences with privates. Most of the worst encounters were probably my fault - I took time to choose someone that appealed to me, but without taking enough time to get to know them, and discuss content in advance.
But in one private, the model said she would not do requests but had a fixed 10-minute routine that she would just go through and not vary at all, and told me 'you'll love it, everyone does'.........
Another just acted very bored and disinterested no matter what, and made me feel like I was wasting her time. Kept asking 'have you finished yet?'
And another time, the model took a phone call during the private and didn't think that was anything unusual (no, I hadn't asked to be ignored).
So I avoided privates after those experiences for quite some time.
Then, I found someone who I just clicked with. Chemistry was incredible, and without going on too much, she raised the bar to an incredible height in terms of my own enjoyment. Still took me 6 weeks or so of visiting her room before asking her private......
I've done most of the privates over the last 2 years with her, and every one is somehow different, but just as fresh and exciting - and the understanding and familiarity has grown to the point where very little needs to be said about what to do. I guess that means I've got better at communicating my basic likes upfront, and she is clearly very good at remembering and including those things into the show but still taking it to new places and exploring, teasing, trying stuff out.
So I guess you can consider me a repeat customer :)
ETA: Also, she is the one who persuaded me to try c2c last year. It really increased my enjoyment of going private, and if I'm honest, it has improved my self-confidence a little too - so I am very grateful.

Last edited:
I cam very rarely nowadays, so maybe my experience is limited, but I'd say about 30% are regulars, and 70% are new people.

Semi-related: I also don't watch cams very often now, but in the beginning, I would mainly watch + tip the same 3 broadcasters. Obviously free chat and private shows are different, but ultimately, I just didn't feel an urge to visit other people since those 3 would be more than enough for me, personally. Why click elsewhere my favourite people are streaming?

So aside from a financial budget, maybe personality is second most influential when it comes to how often you're visiting new people, too, since I'm the kind of person who will stick to watching the same select few people on sfw streaming sites as well, and not get an urge to "venture out" and see who else is there. I hope that makes sense.

Semi-related: I also don't watch cams very often now, but in the beginning, I would mainly watch + tip the same 3 broadcasters. Obviously free chat and private shows are different, but ultimately, I just didn't feel an urge to visit other people since those 3 would be more than enough for me, personally. Why click elsewhere my favourite people are streaming?

That totally makes sense. And yeah, I treat free/public shows differently than private shows, too. For example, many of my “one-and-done” private show purchases were from models that I regularly visited and tipped during their free shows. So it’s not like they never saw me again, or lost my business… we just never went private again.

In free shows, my approach as a member is more social. I show up, tip according to what’s happening in the moment and chat freely. When I buy a private it’s almost like I’m ordering a custom video from the model and then participating in its creation, in real time. It’s two different kinds of entertainment to me.

Its a mix for me- regulars and new. The regulars usually like the same thing or a variety of the same thing. Like I have one regular who only likes me to use a certain dildo and I have another one who has to control my domi. One guy who wants the same role play but with different scenarios. Things like that, I know what to expect, even if the details change. I rely on them to tell me if they want something else, but I generally find that once a guy finds what gets him off the most and I am able to do it, he will keep coming back for the same thing as long as it gets the job done haha

Models: Do you find your private show customers to be a lot of the same members repeatedly or is there a good amount of “one-and-done” purchases?
If I had to ballpark it I would say about 65% returns, and 35% one and done. I would classify a return as someone who comes back, at a minimum, regularly, once per month.

I put a ton of effort into getting to know Regs, and have a lot where I do a lengthy and complicated roleplay fantasy. With stuff like that, it takes time, and roles need to be learned etc, so I'm not surprised those guys tend to pick a few models (a small circle) and repeat visit them. To be fair I also have a lot who have 2-3 minutes fantasies too though hehe, but return repeatedly for that 2-3 mins 💦

A good 35 to maybe 40% are 1 and done for me though, or they space their shows out and only have 1 to 3 per year with me. May rates are pretty high on my main site though, so I'm mainly dealing with the demographic that can afford that. Not sure if that affects retention rates or not. I know there's a big chunk of dudes who wouldn't even consider my rates at all, or even consider getting a show with me. So that's a huge demographic, that traditionally, I've had close to 0 contact with. Things stay crush free, it's nice. Those rough hewn men are so adorable and irresistable irl, but this isn't the context I want to deal w feelings and stuff.

Last edited:
Probably 50/50. A couple of regulars and also one hit shows. They tend to run similar, either talking non-sexually, dancing usually semi-nude and least often masturbation any way they want to do it. No real fetishes that I'm aware of, pretty vanilla. As I've mentioned before I want the model to have enjoyed the time also.
I'm clear beforehand that their preferences are important too, it's usually pretty easy to work out once they believe me. Before I do privates I would have tipped them and chatted a bit which helps.

I've stopped doing privates well over a year ago (because reasons), but the three models I did pvts with were split maybe 80/10/10. The one I did the most privates with was very chatty and welcoming, so we worked out what both of us liked and did that plus some other things just to make it interesting. None of us were a big fan of toys, so they got a rest for the duration. Her room wasn't the busiest, so we also spent a fair bit of time in privates just chatting about anything from sexual preferences to everyday stuff. She didn't mind "abandoning" the room.

All in all, I became a repeat customer of hers not only because of the show she put on, but also because I enjoyed her 1-on-1 easy company.

Reactions: Smoothie and Omne35
Since I joined in back in 2018, I began taking one model private but three times tried with different models to see what it was like. Quickly decided that staying with one model was far more preferable as she knew what I liked and often would do things during the course of the show without prompting as we had built a rapport up over the time. The experience was more fun for me this way and just progressed. For reference, a "normal" private would be around 3 hours and I would book one in every 1-2 months.

Fast forward to today, the model still broadcasts (CB), but has stopped doing privates now. This was about 6 months ago, and I respect her decision to stop doing them. I'm a bit disappointed admittedly, but neither have I tried to find another model to spend some private time with. I've considered it, but the reality is that I'm not sure I want to invest the time in getting to know someone else or they getting to know me back. I also understand that the length of time I would ask for isn't well received by many others (usually 30-60mins of naughty time and the rest just chat and being silly). My bank balance is probably thanking me too.

I have a very specific fetish so when a model retires it can take me weeks of searching before I find a model that's able to perform that fetish for me so I tend to be a repeat member to the same 3-4 models constantly. Also privacy is important to me so finding a model that respects that equally is also a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.