AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Privates, True Privates, and Group Shows on MFC???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2015
I've never done any of these shows on MyFreeCams because I'm nervous. I don't know what happens, what the norm is, how to price things, etc. Can anyone please give me some info/examples?

On MFC these things are priced automatically. Private is 60 tokens a minute, True private is 80 tokens a minute and group is 10 tokens a minute, so you need several members to make this worthwhile for you.

As for what you do in them that is really up to you and the style of model you are and what youre comfortable with.

What goes on in them varies greatly. Group or either privates can be just chatting if that's what the people/person wants, it could be oil shows, shower shows, or it could be any number of sexual activities. It could also be just you showing your feet the entire time. Or doing a lingerie show. Many privates have been models trying on different panties the whole time. Whatever the member(s) want to pay you to do that you are also comfortable doing.

It's pretty much open to whatever you're willing to let happen...within the rules of the site of course.

The privates you have to decide if you will take both or only one style. A regular private, as mentioned, at 60 tokens per minute can be spied on by other members who will also pay 20 tokens per minute each while watching. So it could be a little more money there potentially. The true private at 80 per minute can not be spied on. It's just you and the one other person. But you have to let the member know if you are only accepting one of those two options, because it's the members who have to change a setting in our options to go True private. You don't have a way to force that in your settings. If you're okay with either one then it's no problem.

I've never done any of these shows on MyFreeCams because I'm nervous. I don't know what happens, what the norm is, how to price things, etc. Can anyone please give me some info/examples?

As others have stated, MFC sets the prices that other members pay and you are unable to change this.

As for what the "norm" is, this is ultimately up to you and your comfort level. Typically, though, I find that group is a place where you do more than what you would in free chat and/or something that is a special show to differentiate itself from free chat. For privates, I think it's more so that a member has you on a one-on-one basis as oppose to having to do something completely different. Keep in mind, MFC automatically records the private so the member will have the video forever (unless they delete it).

I think it's important to mention the timing to do these things. It can be challenging to decide to go to group or to take a private if you're in a groove in free chat with a decent room count. Doing a group or a private will basically re-set your entire room that you will then have to build back up again when you're finished. This is especially crappy if the group or private didn't last as long as you'd hoped for. For me, it works best when I have known regulars to group or private with that I know will stay a reasonable length of time to make it worth it to re-set my free chat.

Best of luck!

So, what about the price of cumshows? Do you still charge for that stuff or is it all just free and they tip you if they feel like it (aside from the mandatory stuff) while you're doing you're thing?

So, what about the price of cumshows? Do you still charge for that stuff or is it all just free and they tip you if they feel like it (aside from the mandatory stuff) while you're doing you're thing?
You do a countdown for it. Figure out how much time you're willing to stay online in free chat to hit the goal, then calculate how many tokens you desire and could theoretically expect to collect in that time for the show, then post the countdown in your topic.

can a group show be your own show and your creativity or is it the kind of show where members expect a model do take direction or can it just be a show where a model does her own thing like dancing to music or a shower show?

can a group show be your own show and your creativity or is it the kind of show where members expect a model do take direction or can it just be a show where a model does her own thing like dancing to music or a shower show?
Group shows are definitely whatever the model wants to do. Members only pay 10 tokens a minute. So they should expect less input and requests during. Simply be upfront about what the group is going to consist of and invite people to join.

During group if someone wants a little thing you could maybe do it for some extra tips. But if they are wanting something that would take away from what you're doing, then simply tell them to request a private later when you'd be willing to do that.

Reactions: violetvibe

Group show is up to the model. For a member a group show is pretty cheap 10 tokens a minute, this means you can expect members coming and going, maybe just checking what is going on and if they like what they see they maybe stay longer.
In my view a private is between you and a specific member and if the member is not happy and leaving the private the private is over. A group can go on for hours with members coming and going, as long as there is at least one member and you are happy to keep the group going.....
Normally in group you should expect a tip for special request from a member......

:)

About privates and True privates:

I would strongly recommend to discuss details like what is exspected and if you are happy to meet the expectation and possible "extra charges ".
What would piss me off big time is when we start a private you suddenly request extra tokens for whatever reason or change your mind about what you agreed to before. Privates / True privates are quite expensive for a member and as a model you want repeat business. So please take your time to discuss the details before, better for all involved.
As an example I had a private and requested a striptease and some posing, but the striptease dragged on for more than 5 minutes before she was naked, too slow for me, but I did not want to rush things during the private. So lesson for me next time I tell the model you have 3 minutes for get naked....

;)

Reactions: bad_rapunzel
Thank you for all the info! Sounds great! And one more thing...how do I tell members there is a group show upcoming? do I include this in the topic of free chat and exact time when the show starts? Or do I just mention it while talking?

Thank you for all the info! Sounds great! And one more thing...how do I tell members there is a group show upcoming? do I include this in the topic of free chat and exact time when the show starts? Or do I just mention it while talking?

That's really up to you, I think most models do put it in their topic but I don't think you need to put the time in. If groups are something you do fairly rarely, you might also want to tweet it or put it in your news feed.

Group is very straightforward:
There is a seperate button for me as a member to request a group and I can click that, if 3 members click this button you can decide as a model if you want to do a group show or not. if you want to push it a little mention it in your topic like "group on " or whatever....of course you can make a topic "sexy dance in group" or so...whatever suits you.....
It happens quite often that group requests are turned down by a model, because maybe she expects more tips in free chat....all very relaxed....

Just from a strategy point of view, assuming a group show is something you want to do. Quite often you'll see models doing something sexy in public for awhile to build up the room count, then 'finishing' in group. And by finishing it may mean doing a full cum show, but it can mean other things too.

Suppose your wearing lingerie or bikini and dancing around for awhile, then you could go group to go completely nude. Or if you're doing an oil show finish up in group with a shower show. Things like that.

Somewhat more of a tease environment to get as many people in your room for awhile, get them to wanting more. Then let them know for a few minutes that there will be more being done in group.

If your camscore is high enough you may also find it works to do a small countdown before in order to go group.

Somewhat more of a tease environment to get as many people in your room for awhile, get them to wanting more. Then let them know for a few minutes that there will be more being done in group.

If your camscore is high enough you may also find it works to do a small countdown before in order to go group.

thank you so much for all the cool tips! countdown is when many members "collect" for the group show and the show starts when the amount is in place, right?

Group is very straightforward:
There is a seperate button for me as a member to request a group and I can click that, if 3 members click this button you can decide as a model if you want to do a group show or not.

had no idea! thank you for this info!

Another thing to consider...

If you go GROUP, not everyone in your room is going to go into the GROUP. A lot of them will probably decide to leave your room if they're not going into the GROUP. If the show only lasts two minutes, you might come back to your regular public chat, and there'll only be about half the number of people you had before.

Hard to say how many of the people who leave were just freeloaders / lurkers anyway, so that might not matter.

Same would apply for PRIVATE shows. This is why I only try to take my favorite model to PVT when her evening seems to be winding down to a close (or I can't stand waiting anymore ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.