AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Profile - Removing sections with css

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2014
Hello, I am in the midst of editing a profile and i have run into a slight issue, I was hoping someone with a bit of css know-how could help.

I am trying to remove certain sections from my profile, I know that to do this I need to use

#section_name or .section_value { display: none;}

however I don't know some of the classes or values for some of the sections so I can't remove them.

Specifically I want to remove the "friends" section and all its contents as well as the "schedule" section and all of its contents.

the friends section is part of #profile_about_me_friends, but if I display: none that, it also removes the entire about me section, which I need for my profile info and whatnot, so I just want to specifically remove the friend part and not the about me.

I would also like to remove certain .headings but not all of them, I know I can add .heading { display:none} but that would remove all headings, I would just like to remove the about me heading and also the friend heading, if possible?

Does anyone know the classes and value names? or any other methods to do this?

I found this list/cheat-sheet > http://mfcprofilesbasics.blogspot.co.uk ... sheet.html which provides a lot of them, but not all the ones I need, some of them I just had to guess/ improvise which I did but I am stuck at this specific point.

I hope I have been making sense, if not just let me know and I will try to be more clear in a following post :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Vall.

Hi sorry for the double post, but I found a solution and I thought I would share the css code needed to hide your rate & admire section and the associated profile friends section etc.

This is the code needed:

#average_rating_container, #rate_container, #admirers_container, #friends_container, #favorite_models_container {
display:none;
}

Just add it to the bottom of your custom css file or include the #xxx sections in your existing code if you already have a display:none; section.

There are other codes lingering around on this forum, that I found after a short search, most of them posted in 2013 and for me they didn't work at all, the above code is current and has been tested by myself.

it hides the associated containers so they aren't displayed, which is useful if you want to get rid of the whole rate and admire thing or just make your profile a little cleaner.

Hope this helps someone else.

An just so this can show up easier in a search. Remove Rate and admire , Remove Rate & Admire , Remove Sections

Thanks.

Val

If you are working on editing profiles, and you are looking to "hide" certain information such as section headers, section information, or entire sections, you can always use the page source to get the specific information.

Depending on your browser, find the page options, and go to view source.

It may look funky and you may be like "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS?" but keep scrolling and find the information you are looking to "hide".

For example, let us say you want to hide your gender. As you scroll down the page source, you will come to find:

Code:
<div class="container" id="gender_container">
  <span class="label" id="gender_label">
  <span class="value" id="gender_value">
    Male
  </span>
</div>

There are a few options you can do here.

If you were to use:

#gender_container {
display: none;
}

The entire gender portion would be "hidden".

However, if you were to use:

#gender_value {
display: none;
}

The gender type would be "hidden", but the "Gender:" text would still be shown.

I hope this helps!

SeraTonix said:
Miniature Kiwi I tried your code suggestion with 'schedule' and 'myschedule' in place of gender. I think I'm just a bit derptastic here.

it's #profile_schedule, not just #schedule!

btw guys, to search for this stuff in your profile, just right click, inspect element, and ctrl+f to search for what you want. no pasting into notepad necessary!!
i hide pretty much everything on my profile so if anyone needs help with that, i'm here haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.