AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Profiles

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2011
90% in profiles of models and members is not true.. :-D :-D :-D
examples:
city: Boston...
Occupation/Major: student university.. :-D :-D i work in mfc for pay my university... strange when work everyday.. day and night...and the school/exams?
Marital Status: Single.. a lot have boyfriends and married..

but members make the same in age.. cars.. :-D :-D :-D :-D

You sure do sound bitter. And where did you get the 90% from?

I am from the south -USA-and I look and sound like I am from the south. My profile has my real age on it, but I actually look a little younger than I really am. (Real age is early 20's)

MFC IS what I do. I don't have a job and I don't go to school.

And I actually single :), divorced, but single.

So suck it. Not everyone lies.

Well, you know that 84% of statistics are made up on the spot...

...or is it 72%? ;)

Anyway, when it happens, lying on profiles can make a lot of sense:

It makes sense for a model to lie about her home state to help deflect stalkers or just to disguise her true identity a little better -there's nothing wrong with that.

It also makes a whole lot of sense for a model to pretend she's single since so many members get (unjustifiably) possessive or jealous - seriously, why bother being honest on this? It's nobody's business anyway.

From their point of view, I can also understand why a model from Europe says she's from the US or UK; it helps them bypass region blocking and increases the chance members will notice them. I do have a slight problem with this one myself, but I get why they do it. (Besides, it's almost the only country in the world with pink walls and brightly colored furnishings so they're still pretty easy to spot).

Likewise, it makes total sense for a model to lie about their real name. (On this point, I'd even recommend models have a fake 'real' identity prepared so they will always give the same false info like 'real' name, 'real' address, 'real' birthday etc -safety first).

MFC isn't a dating site - a few lies are not only entirely acceptable but also probably quite sensible.

(Obviously I don't extend this to sob stories or other crap to scam money from members, but that's a whole different topic.)

Dazza235 said:
Well, you know that 84% of statistics are made up on the spot...

...or is it 72%? ;)

Anyway, when it happens, lying on profiles can make a lot of sense:

It makes sense for a model to lie about her home state to help deflect stalkers or just to disguise her true identity a little better -there's nothing wrong with that.

It also makes a whole lot of sense for a model to pretend she's single since so many members get (unjustifiably) possessive or jealous - seriously, why bother being honest on this? It's nobody's business anyway.

From their point of view, I can also understand why a model from Europe says she's from the US or UK; it helps them bypass region blocking and increases the chance members will notice them. I do have a slight problem with this one myself, but I get why they do it. (Besides, it's almost the only country in the world with pink walls and brightly colored furnishings so they're still pretty easy to spot).

Likewise, it makes total sense for a model to lie about their real name. (On this point, I'd even recommend models have a fake 'real' identity prepared so they will always give the same false info like 'real' name, 'real' address, 'real' birthday etc -safety first).

MFC isn't a dating site - a few lies are not only entirely acceptable but also probably quite sensible.

(Obviously I don't extend this to sob stories or other crap to scam money from members, but that's a whole different topic.)

Why you so smart dazza? Seriously every post you make is always so freakin' right on!

The only thing I lie about is my city. If anyone thinks Coolsville is really the town that I live in then they deserve the disappointment.
My fake town of Coolsville is much adored and joked about by all of my regulars though, it kinda became it's own entity.
Every lie the poster of this thread listed are the personal details that really shouldn't matter anyway.
It is sad when stalking doesn't work out.

timberland said:
but members make the same in age.. cars.. :-D :-D :-D :-D
How the FARK does someone make an age in cars?

Bocefish said:
I think he meant members lie too... about their age and what cars they have.
LadyBakes said:
.. and about their dick size.
If a model has doubts about age or dick size, that's a question that's easily settled by flipping on the member's cam, not that I can imagine why she would care. And as long as a member tips as big as his talk, WTF difference does it make what kind of car he drives?

My age is 107 and there is no place on the profile that asks anything about dick size. If there was, I'd put a mere 17 inches. :lol: As for vehicles, I put down that I own a truck and motorcycle. Anyone that thinks a model initially cares about anything beyond reward points and tokens available is an idiot.

Wow, do you really bother to analyze models' cam schedules to determine if they're actually a student or not? Maybe they only have classes 2 or 3 days a week, or maybe they are taking online classes. Why would you try to catch them in a lie? Unless you're paying their tuition, it's none of your beeswax ;) Just enjoy your time with the girls while they're on cam, and stop worrying so much about their lives off cam.

Dazza235 said:

I felt this needed to be quoted again. Because it sure seems like a LOT of members seem to be under the belief that this is the EXACT reason MFC exists.

Bocefish said:
I think he meant members lie too... about their age and what cars they have.

That's a lie! I really do drive a Pagani Zonda :liar:

And fuck, now I have to cancel my plane tickets to Russia, apparently Pussytown doesn't even exist even though a ton of models say they live there!!! :crybaby:

Then again, who gives a flying fuck where a model is from, where she says she's from, what her age is, whether she has a boyfriend... if you like her looks and personality how the hell does any of that other info impact your experience on MFC?

If Consuela from Colombia who's 25, says her name is Janet from Miami aged 21 - fine, she probably lied about those things because of bigoted people who hide people based on their country, or think 25 is too old for a cam model.

I don't lie about where I live or my age, If I don't want to give details I just ignore the question lol. I've put my real country but not my province, for example, I've put my real age and occupations but I omitted my marital status..

But, this is a business and we (the models) are the products that must be sold, so we have to do a good advertising, what the guys want to see.

Frankie said:
Dazza235 said:
I felt this needed to be quoted again. Because it sure seems like a LOT of members seem to be under the belief that this is the EXACT reason MFC exists.
No, MFC is "not a dating site". But if models think that any of their regular, and especially their more generous regular members do not harbour a fantasy about meeting their favourite model in real life, they are fooling themselves. Most of us are quite willing to leave it at a fantasy, but the kind of loneliness that drives guys to sites like MFC is precisely the kind of loneliness that is a fertile ground for that kind of head trip. I mean, what well-adjusted guy with a satisfying and healthy emotional life would feel compelled to spend money on virtual girlfriends?

With that said, cam models, in real life, are not magical love goddesses. They're just people, with the same kind of problems as everyone else and they are no more capable of making troubles disappear or healing emotional wounds than anyone else you already know.

The only one that bothers me sometimes is country, but only because it's the closest thing to telling me about the language(s) a model speaks. So it's frustrating sometimes to see a model that says US (and it's usually US, not UK or Australia), but then can hardly speak (or write) a word of it.

Of course, if MFC just created a language field, that would improve the situation immensely.

inkydoo said:
The only one that bothers me sometimes is country, but only because it's the closest thing to telling me about the language(s) a model speaks. So it's frustrating sometimes to see a model that says US (and it's usually US, not UK or Australia), but then can hardly speak (or write) a word of it.

Of course, if MFC just created a language field, that would improve the situation immensely.

If it is a source of frustration for you, just block everything except North America, the UK and Australia. Those regions are based on IP, and not on the region the model claims to broadcast from. I often block the Americas and see plenty of models with "United States" in their popups.

Sevrin said:
inkydoo said:

If it is a source of frustration for you, just block everything except North America, the UK and Australia. Those regions are based on IP, and not on the region the model claims to broadcast from. I often block the Americas and see plenty of models with "United States" in their popups.

Thanks for the suggestion (I wondered whether it was IP-based or not). For me, it's not really about where you're from, it's about whether I can have any semblance of a conversation or understand what's being said (I have a problem blocking out white noise sometimes, so I can barely understand native English speakers if they have music on, etc.). And there are plenty of beautiful models in other parts of the world (many of whom speak English just fine) that I'd miss out on ;)

inkydoo said:
And there are plenty of beautiful models in other parts of the world (many of whom speak English just fine) that I'd miss out on ;)
I felt a need to put an emphasis on this part.

Sevrin said:
Frankie said:
Dazza235 said:
No, MFC is "not a dating site". But if models think that any of their regular, and especially their more generous regular members do not harbour a fantasy about meeting their favourite model in real life, they are fooling themselves. Most of us are quite willing to leave it at a fantasy, but the kind of loneliness that drives guys to sites like MFC is precisely the kind of loneliness that is a fertile ground for that kind of head trip. I mean, what well-adjusted guy with a satisfying and healthy emotional life would feel compelled to spend money on virtual girlfriends?

With that said, cam models, in real life, are not magical love goddesses. They're just people, with the same kind of problems as everyone else and they are no more capable of making troubles disappear or healing emotional wounds than anyone else you already know.

i agree,

but the date raffles in mfc, is dating site? or not?

Lydia_Deetz said:

They do date raffles because schmoes who want to meet, will pay big bucks to do so. If you think the girls who do date raffles have any interest in actually "dating" then you are more naive than I already though you were. :roll:

To set the record straight: I'm only willing to pay "medium-size" bucks.

Reactions: AbbyBratty
schlmoe said:
Lydia_Deetz said:

They do date raffles because schmoes who want to meet, will pay big bucks to do so. If you think the girls who do date raffles have any interest in actually "dating" then you are more naive than I already though you were. :roll:

To set the record straight: I'm only willing to pay "medium-size" bucks.

:lol: I thought of you when I wrote "schmoes."

stealthguy said:
inkydoo said:
And there are plenty of beautiful models in other parts of the world (many of whom speak English just fine) that I'd miss out on ;)
I felt a need to put an emphasis on this part.

I often switch between region blocking all up UK and US and leaving the whole thing open. Depending what I'm looking to find or whom I'm looking to find.

Lydia_Deetz said:
:lol: I thought of you when I wrote "schmoes."

schlmoe blushes when hearing that hot girls have thoughts about him... :oops:

Reactions: Lydia_Deetz
Status
Not open for further replies.