AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Promoting OnlyFans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BettyLeeXXX

Cam Model
May 4, 2020
Texas
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@MistressBettyL
MFC Username
BettyLeeXXX
I just got an OnlyFans a few weeks ago and I've started using CharlesBot to promote my MFC share videos, and to follow me on Twitter and my Onlyfans. I'm just wondering if there is another way to promote my OnlyFans account? I also try to post on twitter everyday. But not sure if there is something else I can do or maybe I just need to be patient? Also, I've posted about 94 photos, no videos yet, and only have 74 likes. I guess I will get more likes when I get more subscribers? I only have 8 subs right now. Hoping to get some feedback from other models who have an OnlyFans and remember what it's like to be a newbie OR some models who are just starting out like me as well. Thank you in advance. 🙏

I've posted about 94 photos, no videos yet, and only have 74 likes. I guess I will get more likes when I get more subscribers? I only have 8 subs right now. Hoping to get some feedback from other models who have an OnlyFans and remember what it's like to be a newbie OR some models who are just starting out like me as well. Thank you in advance. 🙏
I find asking for likes on your posts does actually result in more people clicking your hearts!

Personally it's not a good look to hide your posts on a sub only onlyfans since members can't get a sense of activity to evaluate if it's worth it at all. Even if you show posts the pictures and video can still be blocked to everyone but subs. At the least people that haven't subbed can get an idea of how regular your posting is and the text can give an idea of possible picture content.

Also 90 pics for only 28 posts doesn't look like an appealing metric. It looks like you dumbed old content and didn't do anything since.

I would suggest you try opening up your post and let the curiosity of what the pictures or content MIGHT be sell the sub.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Personally it's not a good look to hide your posts on a sub only onlyfans since members can't get a sense of activity to evaluate if it's worth it at all. Even if you show posts the pictures and video can still be blocked to everyone but subs. At the least people that haven't subbed can get an idea of how regular your posting is and the text can give an idea of possible picture content.

Also 90 pics for only 28 posts doesn't look like an appealing metric. It looks like you dumbed old content and didn't do anything since.

I would suggest you try opening up your post and let the curiosity of what the pictures or content MIGHT be sell the sub.
They’re actually locking all adult profiles in the future this way, fyi. I think post count + # of images + clips + likes is a perfectly decent enough metric on whether someone is active. Tons of guys are totally able to just get off on captions alone.

They’re actually locking all adult profiles in the future this way, fyi. I think post count + # of images + clips + likes is a perfectly decent enough metric on whether someone is active. Tons of guys are totally able to just get off on captions alone.

Thank you for the advice, this is helpful! Yeah I was wondering how important if at all it is to post a certain amount of pictures daily. I usually try to post several pics everyday, that's why I already have so many pics and not that many post. I thought in the beginning I needed to add several pictures that's why I posted so much when I first started my OnlyFans. I didn't know what I was doing or what would be "appealing" to others. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: DoD404
Thank you for the advice, this is helpful! Yeah I was wondering how important if at all it is to post a certain amount of pictures daily. I usually try to post several pics everyday, that's why I already have so many pics and not that many post. I thought in the beginning I needed to add several pictures that's why I posted so much when I first started my OnlyFans. I didn't know what I was doing or what would be "appealing" to others. 🤷‍♀️

This is pretty common as I understand, and every model's follower's are unique. In a way, I have similar thoughts in regards to not being able to see photos of a model as being a hinderance. At least in other venues you have the ability to get some kind of preview of what the model is like and her content. With OnlyFans, it's more or less the stats and the banner photo. Given the wide variance of how much models charge, I think it's beneficial to have an idea of what we're signing up for.

This is pretty common as I understand, and every model's follower's are unique. In a way, I have similar thoughts in regards to not being able to see photos of a model as being a hinderance. At least in other venues you have the ability to get some kind of preview of what the model is like and her content. With OnlyFans, it's more or less the stats and the banner photo. Given the wide variance of how much models charge, I think it's beneficial to have an idea of what we're signing up for.

I give the public a preview by posting pics/teasers on Twitter so they can get a perfect idea as to what my content on OnlyFans with look like. I think this is a great way to show viewers what they will be signing up for.

What has worked for me has been to reply to OnlyFan promotion threads on twitter (as long as the poster has 3k+ followers). I started with 0 followers on twitter 2 weeks ago and have managed to build up to 1200+ this way. I have managed to get 48 fans in 2 weeks as well.

I give the public a preview by posting pics/teasers on Twitter so they can get a perfect idea as to what my content on OnlyFans with look like. I think this is a great way to show viewers what they will be signing up for.

While appreciative and well intended, what happens if someone doesn't follow you on any other media? There's a model browser on OnlyFans, and all you get is the banner photo which is very limiting.

I'm looking at this as more from a "product should stand on it's own" selling point. Not saying to give away things. But, not having previews is a deterrent and OnlyFans fails to understand that part IMO.

I'm looking at this as more from a "product should stand on it's own" selling point. Not saying to give away things. But, not having previews is a deterrent and OnlyFans fails to understand that part IMO.

Agreed. But I don't know if it comes from OnlyFans or from how they use it :

I know a model who made a "free to join" account.
It seemed to me to respond to this need. She posted previews and also, from time to time she posted paying posts. It means that the thread was visible by all, just like twitter with most of post with pic and vid free to watch, but some posts had to be unblocked with a tip.

Though, I don't know why she cancelled this account. I just guess that her twitter had more visibility certainly due to the fact that almost all accounts are set with a price to join on OnlyFans, so no user try to browse directly there :/

Is there any option in OF to do the contrary ? I mean : set few posts (previews only ofc) 'free' even on a paying to join account ?

Reactions: romanholiday
Agreed. But I don't know if it comes from OnlyFans or from how they use it :

I know a model who made a "free to join" account.
It seemed to me to respond to this need. She posted previews and also, from time to time she posted paying posts. It means that the thread was visible by all, just like twitter with most of post with pic and vid free to watch, but some posts had to be unblocked with a tip.

Though, I don't know why she cancelled this account. I just guess that her twitter had more visibility certainly due to the fact that almost all accounts are set with a price to join on OnlyFans, so no user try to browse directly there :/

Is there any option in OF to do the contrary ? I mean : set few posts (previews only ofc) 'free' even on a paying to join account ?

Yeah, I know a few who have created a free account in addition to their pay account. But, why the hassle of maintaining two accounts? Though, I think there's a few who do free accounts, and then sell their content at a higher price than most. I remember a few of the subscriber websites I joined years ago had "Take a tour" previews of the site. I'd think this would be possible.

Yeah, I know a few who have created a free account in addition to their pay account. But, why the hassle of maintaining two accounts? Though, I think there's a few who do free accounts, and then sell their content at a higher price than most. I remember a few of the subscriber websites I joined years ago had "Take a tour" previews of the site. I'd think this would be possible.

Yeah, I started out with a FREE account for the first 2 or so weeks to grandfather my snap premium members over and see if I could get more subs while it was free. I actually got most of my subs that way when it was free. But I've had a few people tell me that I should set a price becuase of my content. So idk I could try the whole FREE route and see if that will increase my subs and get more likes?

Yeah, I started out with a FREE account for the first 2 or so weeks to grandfather my snap premium members over and see if I could get more subs while it was free. I actually got most of my subs that way when it was free. But I've had a few people tell me that I should set a price becuase of my content. So idk I could try the whole FREE route and see if that will increase my subs and get more likes?

Definitely want to do whatever you can to help increase revenue, and it's good there's different options. I don't know if one way is better than the other, since it seems everyone has their preferences. I've sub'd to models with a moderate rate, and still paid for additional content as well as occasional tipping. As well as models with a lower rate, not charge for additional content, and I tip more to them freely. The former felt like they were forcing my hand, and I eventually dropped their subscription. Which is a bit ironic since it was a cam model I was very active in her room. The latter is one who just started her account and got me back on onlyfans for a bit at least.

You mean free with unlockable content or free content?

You mean free with unlockable content or free content?
I mean free content!

Free accounts should be used to gain followers and 1. sell them paid content via pay to view posts or private messages and 2. direct them to your PAID onlyfans account (if you have one.) They would have a lot of free censored or SFW previews of the content that you offer on your paid account and/or your pay to view posts/private messages.

Paid accounts should have a decent amount of content right on the timeline (there are no pay to view timeline posts on paid accounts), a decent subscription price (that's justified by how much content is available on your timeline, and a small amount (this is just in my opinion, I'll expand on this below*) of pay to view private messages per month. Price the subscription so that you're comfortable with what someone would see when they sign up for one month's sub price.

*Some models have great success making a LOW subscription price and then offering a LOT of pay to view private messages with pics and vids.

^ What Amber said is what has really worked best for me. I only had 10-14 subscribers with a $29 subscription price. Going down to $5 has brought a lot more subscribers and then the majority of my earnings are from private messages. Strangely what also helped me to get a lot of subs was reddit. A friend of mine posted some of my photos on there on some adult subreddits to help me out. And within a couple of months, it really took off.

Best of luck Betty!

^ What Amber said is what has really worked best for me. I only had 10-14 subscribers with a $29 subscription price. Going down to $5 has brought a lot more subscribers and then the majority of my earnings are from private messages. Strangely what also helped me to get a lot of subs was reddit. A friend of mine posted some of my photos on there on some adult subreddits to help me out. And within a couple of months, it really took off.

Best of luck Betty!

Oh thats interesting. I'll have to look into Reddit, thank you! I still only have 10 subscribers and I'm charging $6.66 right now. But I definitely have been getting more likes and even some tips after taking @AmberCutie suggestion on asking to like pics and asking to tip for more content (explicit pics and videos). So thank you so much for that advice! 🙏

• Helpful!
Reactions: LenaSexton
Oh thats interesting. I'll have to look into Reddit, thank you! I still only have 10 subscribers and I'm charging $6.66 right now. But I definitely have been getting more likes and even some tips after taking @AmberCutie suggestion on asking to like pics and asking to tip for more content (explicit pics and videos). So thank you so much for that advice! 🙏

Depending on the subs on Reddit, you might pick up a few more subscribes. But, there's also A LOT of competition there in terms of many people posting up their OF links. It was bad enough that I left a lot of the subreddits because it was that bad. Not saying this is bad. But, definitely something to be aware of. You'll also want to make sure that you know and understand the rules of each subreddit as the rules are not consistent across them. Some have no issues with posting links to OnlyFans or other subscriber places. others, forbid it and will remove you from the subreddit if you do any form of advertising.

Again, best of luck and hope you're successful! :)

Has anyone got any advice please? I have my onlyfans page and i work on cam in the evenings too. As an example of a typical working day, i work late in evening so i get up around 1pm latest. I then get things done around house that need done after lunch and showering. Then it feels as if im glued to my phone editing/scheduling photos/videos from webcamming the night before for my onlyfans (i leave my camera running whilst camming at same time to save time on making content. But the problem im having is all the advertising, posting etc etc its can be time consuming as we all know.

Does anyone have any tips on how to create your content quicker or any apps/software they think might help?

Thanks LACEYLOOXXX

• Helpful!
Reactions: LenaSexton
Status
Not open for further replies.