AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Queers and Trans* models unite! Preeeeeeepare for takeoff.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Queers and Trans* models unite! Preeeeeeepare for takeof

lotte_lux said:
How is everyone doing in cam land by the way? I myself have been super slacking due to health stuff and trying to navigate the whole "I don't like penises but I don't want to alienate my audience" thing. Sigh. Personas are tough to master.

Femdom. ;)
Specifically, small penis humiliation. Channel all your penis-induced rage in to SPH !

Korreline said:
lotte_lux said:
How is everyone doing in cam land by the way? I myself have been super slacking due to health stuff and trying to navigate the whole "I don't like penises but I don't want to alienate my audience" thing. Sigh. Personas are tough to master.

Femdom. ;)
Specifically, small penis humiliation. Channel all your penis-induced rage in to SPH !
That's what I do. :whistle: I also do a lot of strapon stuff. It works for me.

Recently I've been thinking about how to make my camming queer. Like, maybe i'll experiment by having certain days where I only allow certain people to view me... I don't know. It's really hard because of the whole alienating thing, as you mentioned.

I'm afraid of falling into some stereotypical cam girl facade, but also of forcing a queer space (in the cam world) where one might not exist. But then again, if I'm typing this, then there must be others who want to create these spaces on mainstream cam sites but are limited by a perceived "queer-glass ceiling" that can limit their income and thus their success. (If we are measuring success by income).

Hm... is anyone picking up what I'm putting down? Haha.

Rose said:
That's what I do. :whistle: I also do a lot of strapon stuff. It works for me.

*shaking my head to get these thoughts out of it..* :shock:

Btw, might be a "weird" question, but you might want to bear with me, for Im not a native speaker...^^

=> I kind of wonder what the english term "queer" actually describes. Am I correct that it once was another word for "gay", but nowadays describes a much wider variety of lifestyles that arent "mainstream"...simply put, everything that isnt "hetero"? :)

Reactions: Rose

Sorry for a double post, I wasnt able to edit my last post anymore... :icon-cry:

@slowly: You are afraid your room might become too "queer" for some people and that these people will start staying away from it, right? Well, I came to believe that we all have to find a way that works best for us. Quite a lot of people seem to enjoy the view of my legs (and feet), Im sure I would make quite a few people happy by doing some kind of "legs-only" shows. But that would bore me after a while so I just try to incorporate that into what Im doing.

Hm...are you picking up what Im was trying to put down? :)

Queer use to mean odd or strange. If you watch some 1930's gangster movie you might hear one guy say to another that a bootleg deal feels queer to them, meaning not right in that his 6th sense is telling him it's a set-up. Or in the same movie 2 guys overly friendly with each other, someone might say "That guy johnny, he's queer for big lou"

The Insider said:
Queer use to mean odd or strange. If you watch some 1930's gangster movie you might hear one guy say to another that a bootleg deal feels queer to them, meaning not right in that his 6th sense is telling him it's a set-up. Or in the same movie 2 guys overly friendly with each other, someone might say "That guy johnny, he's queer for big lou"
But what about today?
Does it mean 'every sexual orientation that's not heterosexual'...? Like cd_anna, I'm not quite sure what exactly the word queer is used for, either.

cd_anna said:
...Well, I came to believe that we all have to find a way that works best for us....

Hm...are you picking up what Im was trying to put down? :)

Yes. I like this.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Korreline said:
Queer is a blanket term for not-hetero. Some people are okay with it, some people are not, since it was (and still is, sometimes) used as a homophobic insult.
Thank you for clarifying! I figured that's what it's definition has come to mean these days but wasn't sure.

Korreline said:
Queer is a blanket term for not-hetero. Some people are okay with it, some people are not, since it was (and still is, sometimes) used as a homophobic insult.
Yeah I don't think anyone today uses it in the context that it originally was.

I call myself queer because it just seems to fit. I am pretty much genderqueer and want to bind when I get the money for one. I am also lesbian, but married to a man, my 1 exception I guess because other men are just ick. So primarily attracted to women. I tend to play up the more female side of me on cam of course, but off cam I have been mistaken for a guy, lol even with my 34DDs, lol. I am so glad this thread is here. :-D

Reactions: Oryx_Q

Oh_so_slowly said:
Recently I've been thinking about how to make my camming queer. Like, maybe i'll experiment by having certain days where I only allow certain people to view me... I don't know. It's really hard because of the whole alienating thing, as you mentioned.

I'm afraid of falling into some stereotypical cam girl facade, but also of forcing a queer space (in the cam world) where one might not exist. But then again, if I'm typing this, then there must be others who want to create these spaces on mainstream cam sites but are limited by a perceived "queer-glass ceiling" that can limit their income and thus their success. (If we are measuring success by income).

Hm... is anyone picking up what I'm putting down? Haha.

I think I understand what you are getting at. For me besides camming I have a site on Southern Charms an armature adult site and guys obviously want to see girls that look like girls. I have also had issues when I stripped because I tend to keep a boyish short haircut.

But back to camming, it is something to ponder because I know how I am on cam and it me, but not all of the real me, get it? I don't know that a group of guys on MFC would want to hear me go on about how hot Angelina Jolie is and what I would do to her (well maybe the sex stuff, lol). I mean there is always an option to take on a certain role/perosna on cam. Like FemDom and play it up like the men need to prove they are really dedicated to watching you(by tipping or a pvt). This will most likely draw a more fetish crowd, like foot worship.se

But yeah a way to be our true Queer selves. I don't know, I had never really thought about it till I saw this post. I suppose you could change how you dress to be more comfortable for you and not exactly cater to the men completely. I have been and will probably keep wearing casual stuff on cam. I do sometimes play up my boobs because, well they are kinda big, Maybe we can brainstorm together on this. Not sure what your sexual orientation is, I am primarily attracted to women, but ended up with my best male friend.......but that's a whole other ordeal. So yeah, maybe 2 heads are better than 1 and we can try to let our Queer flag fly.

Sorry this was so long, lol

lotte_lux said:
TOMBOYTOY HAAAAY~ Hooray queer spaces!!!
Super queer lesbian person right here.

I just have to point out that your avatar pic is super cute. :-D I need to put up a new one as the Mohawk is no more.

asdgjsd thanks XD

I consider myself trans. I dunno how much into detail that I want to go about my ordeal with that, though, haha.

I've checked out a few trans sections of cam sites and they're very focused on male CD's and on MTF people. Not much room for or even knowledge about AFAB trans people...So for now I am sticking to the "tomboy/genderbender/butch" style, and like another user mentioned, I play up my feminine side when on cam. I have become more comfortable with it and honestly have a good time. In person I am often mistaken for a boy and even on cam occasionally guys will try to tell me I am physically male (I'm like, on MFC?? Wat?)...Until they see me nude lol. I really enjoy this work but the idea of breaking away from presenting as a female model is intimidating. Like I said, people seem to not even know FTMs exist in the sex work world, the demand for them as performers is very niche. Honestly, this work has brought me to accept my feminine body in ways I probably never would have before, so that's good for me. But in my day to day life outside of this work there's still some disconnect. I think it's safe to say that doing camming has brought me from identifying as solidly FTM-trans to identifying as genderqueer-trans.

I am so excited to find there is a queer population among the forum users. I am relatively new to camming. I did it for a few months roughly a year ago, and had decided it wasn't for me. I went into it without firmly deciding what I was going to accept doing, and did things I didn't feel good about. However, I still thought about going back. I decided to return with more of a game plan, and try again because I do enjoy camming, and think it is a great job opportunity (much better than working minimum wage). I was concerned firstly because I have body hair (legs, pits, and bush), and secondly that I would have to remove it thus giving up a huge part of my gender queer identity. I have found that I could likely still work with it, (though I will shave if they will pay ;) ), and that there is space for me to nurture my queer self while still exploring my femininity through my camming work. Thanks everyone for speaking up about your identities, and providing such a welcoming space.

Reactions: Oryx_Q and Cheren

There are a decent amount of camsite viewers who LOVE full body hair, so rock the fuzz! While there will always be people who make a big deal about either end of body hair preferences, they're not people you want in your room anyway. Most people who prefer the opposite will just silently move along.

lotte_lux said:

I make a thing of it. "I don't give a crap about your penis, but good if I make it hard."

Status
Not open for further replies.