AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Radio MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SinSeraTea

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 14, 2013
Canada
profiles.myfreecams.com
So I've just learned that I can broadcast sound and a black screen for MFC at the moment.

Thing is I'm in an outbuilding and the wifi is just horrible.

I know that the visuals are the medium that we're working with. But I'm wondering about tanking my camscore trying to run a sexy radio show where they can only hear my voice.

I'll be able to run actual shows when I get my own place but the internet here is just horrible.

I'm thinking something somewhat nightvale inspired, at least with that level of imagery and I have a lovely voice I'm told.

Riddle me. Am I too weird for the interwebs?

SeraTonix said:
So I've just learned that I can broadcast sound and a black screen for MFC at the moment.

Thing is I'm in an outbuilding and the wifi is just horrible.

I know that the visuals are the medium that we're working with. But I'm wondering about tanking my camscore trying to run a sexy radio show where they can only hear my voice.

I'll be able to run actual shows when I get my own place but the internet here is just horrible.

I'm thinking something somewhat nightvale inspired, at least with that level of imagery and I have a lovely voice I'm told.

Riddle me. Am I too weird for the interwebs?
I'm not sure that's the right sort of show for MFC. I also don't think they'd be ok with having no video visible. Probably best to wait until you can broadcast appropriately.

It *could* work if you keep it up forever. Make the secret identity a mystery and the point of the room. Feed the curiosity. Don't post pictures of yourself on your profile, at least not pictures where you are facing the camera etc. Your can treat your public shows like a radio show, and your privates like a hot phone line. Instead of selling pictures or videos of yourself you can sell audio files reading sex stories aloud.

It will take a while to make regulars, but I am sure you will get a few in time. Just a matter of patience like with every single model out there. Your weakness can be a strength if you play it right.

1) They said it couldn't be done if you weren't pretty (or thin, or white, or or or or). Check out top 100: none of those are necessary.

2) They said it couldn't be done without nudity. A bunch of non-nude models on top 20 proved them wrong.

3) At least it couldn't possibly be done without sexiness. Then poker rooms and conversation rooms sprang up. One of them Miss MFC 3 decembers in a row.

4) They said it couldn't be done without a voice. Then miming became a thing. I can think of 3 top 20 models who don't speak.

I don't see why it should be different with the video feed. Sure it will be hard at first, it will take a talented lady willing to put in the hours and to learn fast what works and what doesn't, but if she persists she will get her following in the long run.

Reactions: SinSeraTea
TicTacToe said:
I don't see why it should be different with the video feed.
It isn't about her making it work and creating a following, it's about MFC being a streaming video site. All of your other examples are still A-OK because they feature streaming video, which is the basis* of what people go to MFC for.

*I say "basis" because the main advertised allure to MFC is sexy cam shows, but we all know there are many times of shows/rooms going on at MFC that don't have to be all about sexy time. Not trying to argue that point, just that a video feed is required.

Reactions: Nordling
Thank you for your imaginative entreaty Tictactoe!

I wouldn't have been putting much work into it. But I'll keep this under my hat. It was more a thought of 'dear god I need to be online' what can I do what can I do.

You have to imagine me hyperventilating and breathing into a paper bag at this point.

I think Amber's advice is probably the better for me specifically.

SeraTonix said:
Thank you for your imaginative entreaty Tictactoe!

I wouldn't have been putting much work into it. But I'll keep this under my hat. It was more a thought of 'dear god I need to be online' what can I do what can I do.

You have to imagine me hyperventilating and breathing into a paper bag at this point.

I think Amber's advice is probably the better for me specifically.
If you're unable to be on cam, maybe offer to log in and just chat with your regulars. Either via a member room on a premium account, or log on your model account from the homepage and log into your chatroom and chat (via text) with them there. Or just send them private messages to catch up. Have a couple of content items available for sale and offer them deals if they toss a few tips your way while chatting to at least get a few dollars on your paycheck while you're unable to cam on a normal schedule.

This is an idea that won't hurt your camscore, but still allow you to connect with your members on MFC for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.