AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

raffling off dates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least pay your own way raffles are realistic, all expenses paid fly-you-from anywhere ones aren't at all believable. They'd need to be certain of selling enough tickets to cover thousands of dollars in potential costs before they even broke even. Would you risk that if your intention was to make money?

Jupiter551 said:
At least pay your own way raffles are realistic, all expenses paid fly-you-from anywhere ones aren't at all believable. They'd need to be certain of selling enough tickets to cover thousands of dollars in potential costs before they even broke even. Would you risk that if your intention was to make money?
If the room and food expenses were covered I could see that possibly happening, but not the all expenses paid trips. Those usually raise red flags for me as fixed raffles. If I were to do a meet me raffle I'd probably pay for their room so I knew exactly where they were staying so I could keep tabs on them. :S I'm a cunt.

blackxrose said:
Jupiter551 said:

I did a fly you from anywhere in the US raffle that was absolutely legit. I covered all expenses. There were not a ton. Hotel room was a few hundred. A few meals. And a night on the town. Plus airfare. Even though the guy that won kept trying to stuff money in my bra and i found tips in my purse LOL.

I set a minimum amount of tickets to sell - I wanted $1000.00 to break even and got it. Did not make much profit - but it was designed to bring in tippers and it did. :)
If the minimum was not met I promised every ticket buyer a video.

Oh and as far as raffles - the new way I'm doing mine to minimize the risk of being accused of rigging it is to use a spreadsheet where every ticket has a number and a random number generator. i have the cam pointing at the screen when i generate the ticket #s.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
Miss_Lollipop said:
I did a fly you from anywhere in the US raffle that was absolutely legit. I covered all expenses. There were not a ton. Hotel room was a few hundred. A few meals. And a night on the town. Plus airfare. Even though the guy that won kept trying to stuff money in my bra and i found tips in my purse LOL.

I set a minimum amount of tickets to sell - I wanted $1000.00 to break even and got it. Did not make much profit - but it was designed to bring in tippers and it did. :)

Oh and as far as raffles - the new way I'm doing mine to minimize the risk of being accused of rigging it is to use a spreadsheet where every ticket has a number and a random number generator. i have the cam pointing at the screen when i generate the ticket #s.
I can see that but not anywhere in the world - US has very cheap air prices compared to some places. Australia to anywhere is $2 or 3k

Jupiter551 said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

I can see that but not anywhere in the world - US has very cheap air prices compared to some places. Australia to anywhere is $2 or 3k

Tell me about it. 2k to get my ass back home to NZ in december. owie!

Miss_Lollipop said:

This is one of those, exception to the rule kind of things. There are a lot of models, like you, who don't have rigged raffles but then you have the others who do. Just goes back to making sure you know who you're tipping and what the raffle is about before you jump in. Kudos for going above and beyond to make sure everyone knows your raffles are legit. :thumbleft:

Jupiter551 said:
If a girl is trying for a spot in top 20, maybe it doesn't matter to her if she makes a profit.

AmberCutie said:
If a girl is trying for a spot in top 20, maybe it doesn't matter to her if she makes a profit.

Some models spend tons of time and tons of money to get high up in the rankings. In some cases even losing money in a given month.
However, that builds them up as a "top model". In addition to the fun and sense of accomplishment, it's a long-term investment in the future. Becoming a top-ranked model builds "the brand" - not only because of being in the top of the listings, but also because the effort necessary to get the model to the top also helps the model earn a reputation as being fun, creative, industrious, and member-oriented. These are all characteristics that draw people and draw tokens.

Reactions: 1 person
BCamden said:
AmberCutie said:

Some models spend tons of time and tons of money to get high up in the rankings. In some cases even losing money in a given month.
However, that builds them up as a "top model". In addition to the fun and sense of accomplishment, it's a long-term investment in the future. Becoming a top-ranked model builds "the brand" - not only because of being in the top of the listings, but also because the effort necessary to get the model to the top also helps the model earn a reputation as being fun, creative, industrious, and member-oriented. These are all characteristics that draw people and draw tokens.
That was exactly my point, but in many more words, lol.

Reactions: BCamden
AmberCutie said:
BCamden said:
AmberCutie said:

That was exactly my point, but in many more words, lol.

Yep.

JoleneJolene said:
amberdawnnude said:
JoleneJolene said:
I would buy a date raffle ticket if the whole trip was paid for and it was somewhere I wanted to go... Like an all expenses paid trip to Thailand! Heck yes! I'm not however your average perv so... yeah. FREE TRIP! :-D

I have never done nor plan to ever do a "date" raffle... I don't want anyone to know what I really smell like. :shifty:

What about the guys who purchase your panties? Don't they get to smell the real you? Or are you making your cats wear them for two days before shipping out?

I now have a hilarious image of my fat cat wearing panties and trying to walk.

Damnit! I've never entered a raffle before, but now that I know there are cats wearing panties, I'm getting a second job to token up for this! MEOW!!!

:cat: :cat: :cat: (Please alert me when the next kitty-panty contest is.) :lol:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Miss_Lollipop said:
blackxrose said:
Jupiter551 said:

I do like the thinking here. Doing a promotion that will "break even" plus get you new tippers for the future. To succeed with this, you gotta always be looking at the long-term as well as today. Sincere kudos to you!

I don't mean to hijack at all, but since we're talking about raffles, I just wanted to add my :twocents-02cents: about the subject.

I don't want to sound like a sore loser, and maybe it's since raffles do usually make more money than simply asking people to pay for things (and if that's the case, that's awesome, keep doing it), but for every winner you pull, there are probably quite a few losers. And those losers might be particularly upset if they are actually in the room for the raffle when a handful of non-regular, non-frequent tippers get their names pulled.

Just, as someone who tips regularly across the site and has also entered raffles, I've definitely felt like the tip-for-tat experience is better than raffling. That being said, I've admittedly never won anything, so yeah I'm probably sour about that. It just seems like you're making a whole lot more people unhappy than the incredible happiness to the small number who win. Is the benefit because it's a better moneymaker?

Hope that didn't sound too whiny. Sorry!

jrobe2:

My solution to this is to give them the flashes along with the raffle ticket. That way, even if they didn't win, they still got to see my boobs/pussy/ass.

Then again, I haven't done anything really large. If I had a larger one, I'd probably have countdowns going on at the time, and any tip towards the raffle would do tripple duty (get my tits, advance the countdown, and get your ticket).

Seconded. Though my raffles are all for swag and not for meet ups, tickets always count for the show.
I however, rarely have a non regular fella buy a ticket, even if they tipped enough for one.

Reactions: RedHerby1
jrobe2 said:
I don't mean to hijack at all, but since we're talking about raffles, I just wanted to add my :twocents-02cents: about the subject.

I don't want to sound like a sore loser, and maybe it's since raffles do usually make more money than simply asking people to pay for things (and if that's the case, that's awesome, keep doing it), but for every winner you pull, there are probably quite a few losers. And those losers might be particularly upset if they are actually in the room for the raffle when a handful of non-regular, non-frequent tippers get their names pulled.

Just, as someone who tips regularly across the site and has also entered raffles, I've definitely felt like the tip-for-tat experience is better than raffling. That being said, I've admittedly never won anything, so yeah I'm probably sour about that. It just seems like you're making a whole lot more people unhappy than the incredible happiness to the small number who win. Is the benefit because it's a better moneymaker?

Hope that didn't sound too whiny. Sorry!

In my case, like jolenes - raffle tickets count towards the show. The only exception was my date raffle and i was trying to break even.

However, I do feel like a raffle is just that. Its a chance. you are paying a fraction of the price, with the hopes that you'll win and others will lose. It's a risk. I really don't think its something to get sore about personally.

LadyLuna said:
jrobe2:

My solution to this is to give them the flashes along with the raffle ticket. That way, even if they didn't win, they still got to see my boobs/pussy/ass.

Then again, I haven't done anything really large. If I had a larger one, I'd probably have countdowns going on at the time, and any tip towards the raffle would do tripple duty (get my tits, advance the countdown, and get your ticket).

As usual, I agree with LadyLuna. :)

I usually give flashes with each tip anyway. So if you've got guys tipping because they REALLY wanna win that raffle, if they don't win, at least their tokens spent earned them a sexy tits/pussy/ass flash. And they don't have to think "Damn, that was a waste of a tip." (though I'd HOPE no one considers me a 'waste of a tip'...lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.