AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rating & Admiring - It's BACK

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eclipse76 said:
So… about that list of people we have admired… where is it, I still can't find it anywhere?

You need to click on this option to see it.

efNemir.jpg

Thanks for the link.

Latest revision as of 23:05, 12 February 2014

Update: We have listened to our members and models and decided to reverse this decision and keep Profile Ratings and Admires!

The option to rate and admire individual MyFreeCams Profiles has :roll: been permanently removed as of February 2014.

Here is why:

When MyFreeCams Profiles were first launched back in 2005 or so, we included Profile Ratings as a way to encourage models to create really unique customized profiles. The original idea was that members would use the profile ratings to vote for which models had the best profiles as part of a contest.

Now, nearly 10 years later, Profile Ratings have become a source of confusion, with many members and models speculating how they are being used, whether they affect CamScore, with many people forgetting that the Profile Ratings were meant to only rate a model's profile and not the model's performance on the site.

Profile Ratings and Admires never had any effect outside of simply showing the information on the model's profile.

Currently, there are so many models with amazing and innovative profiles that we felt that the Profiles Rating system has done its job and should be retired.

We understand the desire of our members to want to do something nice for the models that they like and to rate them highly. With Profile Ratings gone, there are 3 ways you can do that:

Spend tokens with a model. Even tipping a model 1 token has more of an effect than rating her profile.
If you like a model or her profile, you can still add her as a Profile Friend on your own profile.
Contribute to the community. Be active in your favorite model's chat room and have fun!

We will continue to think of new ideas for how our members and models can interact and rate each other in a positive way. :think:

I just took my rate & admire section off my page no problem.

here's the code for the New Profile Layouts

Code:
div#profile_friends.profile_subsection{display:none}

Poker_Babe said:
I just took my rate & admire section off my page no problem.

here's the code for the New Profile Layouts

Code:
div#profile_friends.profile_subsection{display:none}
Soon:
Member: hey, bb, where's ur Rate & Admire? Let me show u my luv

Heheh, but if you're sneaky you can bypass the hiding like I did yesterday

Reactions: Poker_Babe
KristinaReapsMe said:
Cheese and rice! :woops:

It's completely useless! I loved feeling the aura of despair from freeloaders when I tell them that they can no longer rate and admire to "help my camscore". You stole my joy, MFC!

Can I replace the cheese with beef gravy? I'm hungry.

GenXoxo said:
Maybe the basics complained that they couldn't help our camscores anymore :lol:
I have understood for years now that the R&A function has no impact on camscores, though I have made a point of not making a point of it one way or the other. With such a large % of not only users, but also Models thinking it does influence CS, pretty much most of the time someone contradicts that they run into the, "The magic must be real because so many ppl believe it is" flock think. And I think it works prolly much in the way it was meant to. (I am speculating), but it seems it works as an interactive bell/whistle that bring many to a Model's profile that would have never gone otherwise - who knows if any look at anything else, but it gets em on the lot. I think also it is one of the little tweaks that is part of what makes MFC have that community feel - it provides for some i'm sure a sense of being more connected to the Models, and the site. It sounds wack, but it is that bond of service, that basics will tell you means so much more than the shallow act of tipping. Bahahahaha!

Now this is what i came here to ask, (you can skip the above text, it's prolly all horseshit anyway), Tho i trust things are as we know them to be, I am having a problem with faith. Not mine, I believe b/c many wiser than i have spewed it to be so. But it has come up with someone of no faith, and it would be nice to have something a bit more substantial, than regurgitated speweage? Is there something or some document/s that clearly shows R&A has no connection to CS?

Thanks, and this feels like one of those answers i should already know, so in case i can't reply in a timely manner,,, :woops: in advance.

camstory said:
Now this is what i came here to ask, (you can skip the above text, it's prolly all horseshit anyway), Tho i trust things are as we know them to be, I am having a problem with faith. Not mine, I believe b/c many wiser than i have spewed it to be so. But it has come up with someone of no faith, and it would be nice to have something a bit more substantial, than regurgitated speweage? Is there something or some document/s that clearly shows R&A has no connection to CS?

Yeah. Read the thread.
SNATCH provided a link to the MFC wiki and I quoted the pertinent section at length.

camstory said:
GenXoxo said:
hahaha!

Thanks, and this feels like one of those answers i should already know, so in case i can't reply in a timely manner,,, :woops: in advance.

Rumor has it that somewhere deep in the heart of the mysterious models only section, proof of the irrelevance of the R&A exists. Now why they would even bother to discuss a such a thing when they could be discussing girl-girl-girl-mime-girl-clown orgies is even bigger mystery. Sadly my attempts to infiltrate this section have been a complete failure.

Personally, while do have doubts about the Easter bunny, I have no doubts that R&A is much like an appendix; a useless vestige of an early era.

Sevrin said:
camstory said:

Yeah. Read the thread.
SNATCH provided a link to the MFC wiki and I quoted the pertinent section at length.
Had I taken the time, I would have found my answer in no time. What's most common is an hour long search, and half the time i still have to ask. So yea, Cam@LazyBastard, but by chance i had the :woops: right! Thanks, assisting the challenged is a noble deed.

HiGirls said:
Personally, while I do have doubts about the Easter bunny, I have no doubts that R&A is much like an appendix; a useless vestige of an early era.
File in Best Of, under, "The Anatomy of Camming."

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Yeah, R&A having any influence on ANYTHING, is similar to the much loved rumor that "one token tips lower your cam score."

I no longer argue the rumor....I will always remember a certain model saying, "you can't prove it DOESN'T lower cam score can you?????" So she continued to religiously ban anyone who tipped her one token. lol

Reactions: camstory
Nordling said:
Yeah, R&A having any influence on ANYTHING, is similar to the much loved rumor that "one token tips lower your cam score."

I no longer argue the rumor....I will always remember a certain model saying, "you can't prove it DOESN'T lower cam score can you?????" So she continued to religiously ban anyone who tipped her one token. lol
I take some pride in my low ban score, but my first impulse to that story, was "I'd stop in regularly to be rebanned." I guess i might be more mature than that, but sometimes ppls actions/tudes scream, "fuck with me, here's my button!" I can be quite a fucker, but i have found my tranquility increases as my fuckerdness decreases.

Reactions: Nordling
Ugh noooo I already have enough trouble getting people to pony up the $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.